Author Topic: Invasion of the Big Paws  (Read 16151 times)

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
Invasion of the Big Paws
« on: April 30, 2005, 11:13:09 pm »
Here we are in Carmel this weekend as Bear met fellow Newfs Drake and his buddy Yogi. The three quickly became fast friends and met up with two other Newfs at the beach as well as two Bernese Mountain dogs. A great time was had by all...especial ly Bear who is still snoring loudly with fond memories of the the past two days.  ;D
« Last Edit: April 30, 2005, 11:15:07 pm by jabear »
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.

Rufiesmom

Re: Invasion of the Big Paws
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2005, 06:25:34 am »
What fun!!  Looks like doggie heaven!

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2005, 08:39:24 am »
Ohhhh you must have had soooo much fun, hmmmm you did remember to bring lots and lots of large towels didnt you??? lol.... Was it a lot of other people out on the beach?? I can imagine the look on their faces when 5 biggens came running though the water lol.... Did you all do some swimming too, or was it just the dogs who thought the water was warm enough??

Marit

what the lion is to a cat, the mastiff is to a dog

Offline jabear

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2005, 09:54:01 am »
The beach is an off leash dog beach so there were lots of dogs there but we had the only BIG ones.  ;D The temp was in the low-mid 60's so we didn't do any swimming (got our feet wet though) but the dogs did a lot. Chasing sticks and each other into the water was a total blast to see, not to mention the expressions on everyones' faces. People were stopping for long periods of time just to stare at our boys (all 7 were male) and take their pictures. They were definintely the celebs at the beach. After the play was over we headed off to our favorite restaurant to fill our bellies. We had a fantastic sandwich and Bear had yummy chicken strips (cooked to order for him) and lots of cookies. What a perfect way to end the day!
« Last Edit: May 01, 2005, 11:22:01 am by bigpawsadmin »
Hugs,
Jaime

Offline kildeskennel

• Paw-meister
  • Beautiful beauty
    • View Profile
    • Kildes Kennel
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2005, 10:09:10 am »
What fun!  My sister lives an 1 1/2 from Carmel I think, in Modesto.  She has little weiner dogs however!
Happiness comes of the capacity to feel deeply, to enjoy simply, to think freely, to risk life, to be needed.
Storm Jameson

Offline poofynewfy

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2005, 04:11:34 pm »
Doggies everywhere! ;D How fun!  ;DAnd at the beach! I'm so jealous!!

Offline jabear

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2005, 05:02:43 pm »
It was great fun! Kildeskennel, Modesto is about an hour from us...too bad your sister doesn't have big dogs.  ;)
Hugs,
Jaime

Offline kildeskennel

• Paw-meister
  • Beautiful beauty
    • View Profile
    • Kildes Kennel
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2005, 08:22:51 pm »
You can call me Shana!  LOL!  I am jealous too, snowed here again today!  I am soooo tired of winter weather!
Happiness comes of the capacity to feel deeply, to enjoy simply, to think freely, to risk life, to be needed.
Storm Jameson

Nicole

« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2005, 03:21:59 pm »
Jabear--How fun!!!!!!!!!! Big Dog Heaven, for sure!

Luvmydanes

« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2005, 07:07:06 pm »
Looks like lots and lots of fun! I can only imagine the expression on people's faces. When we took Dane to the beach last summer, people just stared and gawked at us like they had never seen a big dog before. Kind of funny. Then he started peeing right at the shoreline, so when the waves came in, it would wash it out, but he stood there for about 3 minutes straight just peeing...I laughed my butt off.

Kandi

Offline jabear

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2005, 09:07:27 pm »
Dane is so handsome! And yes, people were staring and staring, taking pictures and vidoe taping the 5 Newfs & 2 Bernese. We were quite the attraction...e specially when the Newfs decided to chase a Datschund. Too funny!! :D
Hugs,
Jaime

Offline Jaimie

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2005, 04:05:56 am »
OMG, I want one, I want one , I want one.  You are gonna have to stop posting pics...lol, they are so adorable.  I am starting to panic though, I don't think there will be enough time in the rest of my life to have all the giant breeds that I want, and I am only 25........lol.

Luvmydanes

« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2005, 09:03:47 am »
What is it with big dogs and Datschunds? Our neighbors have one and a couple weekends ago we were mowing the lawn and Dane just walks at our sides when we do it, and the neighbors dog got out and started barking (this little high pitched bark), Dane heard it and was gone. Took off...he wanted to play though, he was jumping around it and wagging his tail, but I told Shaun I was worried Dane would step on it and it would be all over. LOL.
Also, I agree with Jaime...you keep posting all these fun, cute pictures of bear and I looked up everything about the breed, and sent pics to hubby at work and tried to convince him to get one. We already have 2 great danes, so it was a no go. lol
Kandi

Offline Jaimie

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2005, 09:12:54 am »
That's funny Kandi, I keep telling my fiance that I want a Newf but I have some work to do to convince him to get a big hairy drooling monster....lol

Offline jabear

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2005, 10:22:47 am »
Thanks for the sewwt comments Jaimie and Kandi- Bear loves to hear nice things by other people!  :D I thought that I would include this pic to show a simple solution to drool at our dinner time (Bear gets pieces intermittently so it is appropriate) but I'll have to do it later today because the camera is kinda broken due to being dopped and having sand in it from last weekend. So...I'll post as soon as it is fixed!
Hugs,
Jaime