Poll

Choose your preference for the midwest meet campground. We will leave the poll for 7 days, then go with the majority rules.

Sandcreek  Campground
0 (0%)
Dunewood Federal Campground
5 (41.7%)
Indiana Dunes State Park Campground
7 (58.3%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Voting closed: May 29, 2006, 06:32:52 pm

Author Topic: Midwest Meet Campgrounds  (Read 18767 times)

Nicole

Re: Midwest Meet Campgrounds
« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2006, 12:19:37 pm »
Just for clarification:

Both the National Park ("federal") and the State Park have very nice and clean bathrooms.

The National Park's shower houses and bathrooms were just completely redone, as well. The camp ground was closed all of last year for a complete rehab.

Nicole

« Reply #16 on: May 24, 2006, 12:24:37 pm »
Some extra clairification:

There are TWO tents allowed on each site at the National Park, not just at the State Park. A maximum of 8 people per site. So, buddying-up is also allowed there.

Nicole

« Reply #17 on: May 24, 2006, 12:37:53 pm »
OK. I also wanted to post this. Its a VERY nice Inn that is super close to the beach area.

It doesn't allow dogs, however. But, my thoughts are that if someone wanted to stay there, or any hotel that doesn't allow dogs, their dog could camp with us? Any other suggestions?

http://www.springhouseinn.com/index.php

Nicole

« Reply #18 on: May 24, 2006, 12:44:40 pm »
I also found this.

Its a vacation rental home that is VERY close to the beach where we'll be. It also ALLOWS pets! Its $150.00 per night, but I thought that if two people wanted to split it...its got 2 bedrooms and two futons.

http://www.vacationrentals.com/vacation-rentals/17275.html

Let me know if anyone needs me to check anything out!

I also found this one:

Its in Michigan City...so, not quite as close, but still "pretty" close. Its smaller and cheaper. ($200 for the whole weekend!) And also allows pets!

http://www.vacationrentals.com/vacation-rentals/3535.html
« Last Edit: May 24, 2006, 12:51:39 pm by Nicole »

Nicole

« Reply #19 on: May 24, 2006, 04:04:27 pm »
*BUMP FOR MEL TO SEE COTTAGES*

GR8DAME

« Reply #20 on: May 25, 2006, 01:10:04 pm »
 ;D Bump ;D

Nicole

« Reply #21 on: May 26, 2006, 06:30:24 am »
BUMP AGAIN

Kiahpyr

« Reply #22 on: May 30, 2006, 07:07:27 am »
WOOOHOOOOO!!!!!!!!! It's confirmed! Hubby is coming with me! Not sure about the skin kid tho. I'm so EXCITED!!!!!!!!

Offline 2dobies

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 05, 2006, 06:22:24 am »
ok, so I sort of have missed this (somehow) but can anyone fill me in on the exact date and exact place?  I'd probably just come for the day---it's only 3 1/2 hr drive...that's not so far, really.  Is this event going to be AT a BEACH? (sure hope so)
DOGS LAUGH, BUT THEY LAUGH WITH THEIR TAILS.

GR8DAME

« Reply #24 on: June 05, 2006, 07:28:55 am »
The date is the third weekend in August, the 18th, 19th and 20th. There are no solid plans for activity times, but I am sure at least a good portion of Saturday will be at the Central dog Beach.
As far as camping is concerned it looks as tho we will be divided between the federal campground for the hard core tenters and the state campground for princesses like me that want more amenities ::), and a few hotel/motelers.

I would suggest that the princesses(and princes) make their reservations at the state park as soon as possible

http://www.indiana.reserveworld.com/Campgrounds/search.cfm

For the federal campground, Nicole has said she would stake out some spots for the out of towners, so PM her for more info on that.
Dale and I were looking at the east loop of the state campgrounds, and I am off to make our reservations now ;D
Stella
« Last Edit: June 05, 2006, 08:16:46 am by GR8DAME »

GR8DAME

« Reply #25 on: June 05, 2006, 08:14:56 am »
Reservations completed. We have spot 90 on the east loop, arriving Friday and leaving Tuesday. Can't wait to see everyone then!
Link to the Dunes state campground map..hopefully:

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c384/gr8dame/Dunes_JPG.jpg

Stella

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #26 on: June 05, 2006, 08:20:55 am »
This is exciting.  Should we exchange phone numbers so we can call eachother in case of an emergency?

Nicole

« Reply #27 on: June 05, 2006, 12:09:37 pm »
OH WOW! This whole thing is happening right before my very eyes!

Well. I would like to stay at the Federal Campground just because its closer to the beach and you don't have to pay to get in, and well, various reasons. They do not accept reservations though, so like Stella said, I will head down there at the crack of dawn and reserve spaces for those that are interested!

Lin, yes. I think that numbers would be good, and let's also try to get a tally going of how many and who are planning on attending.

Megan and Julie and I can be the offical hosts of the event, since we're local and can get lots of stuff in order and done before anyone else arrives. I'm thinking that I would like to spend a good part of Saturday at the beach. Julie and Megan and I went there this weekend, and we were planning a cook-out on the beach. Everyone could bring something to share. I can give directions on grocery stores and stuff, and I've also got an apartment in Michigan City, so we've got plenty of access to refrigeration, stove, dishes, pots, pans, etc. I'll also have chairs and plastic tables to use at the beach.

I think that I'll start a new thread for RSVPing in.

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #28 on: June 05, 2006, 01:51:17 pm »
The DNR website doesn't have "the dunes" for reservations.