Author Topic: Met the folks! Gracey's that is.  (Read 6402 times)

lins_saving_grace

Met the folks! Gracey's that is.
« on: May 30, 2006, 07:54:51 am »
Saturday we ran down to Kalamazoo, MI to meet Grace's breeder who hasn't seen little Grace since last April.  She was in a dog show with Grace's sister, Kasey, and wanted to see Gracey.  She brought Grace's Mom, Shine and dad, Dylan too.  My lord...Grace is a monster compared to her sister.  Grace is taller and bulkier than either of them. Grace looks like her mom but is the size of her dad.  We also met, Chevy, Grace's aunt on her dad's side and found out that Grace is distantly related to the Rott that won the famous dog show Eukenuba or something. 
Kinda neat.   I wish I didn't have my hands full and could have taken pictures...but with two Rotts in a campground full of all kinds of dogs...I couldn't.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2006, 10:44:17 am by lins_saving_grace »

EllieAndBlu

Re: Met the folks! Gracey's that is.
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2006, 09:01:52 am »
what a fun outing! And how cool to see Grace's family!

Icerotti

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2006, 08:11:34 pm »
What a great opportunity. We only met Farleys mom--maybe there was a reason we only met her--maybe Farley takes after his daddy...hahaha haj/k. His daddy is American and was away at a trial. ;)

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2006, 10:49:07 am »

Compared to Lady she's a runt.  She weighs about 101 pounds now. 

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2006, 10:50:37 am »
What a great opportunity. We only met Farleys mom--maybe there was a reason we only met her--maybe Farley takes after his daddy...hahaha haj/k. His daddy is American and was away at a trial. ;)
or maybe he's in Detroit helping dig up Jimmy Hoffa. :) HAHAHA

Offline Jessdryden

• Supreme Drooler
  • My girls
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2006, 10:51:43 am »
What an exciting weekend!  How neat to meet Gracey's parents.   :)

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2006, 10:57:08 am »

It was cool.  Last summer I met 3 of her 1/2 sisters.

doggylover

« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2006, 05:36:44 pm »
One hundred pounds is perfect for a Rott.  I get so pissed when we are out with Badger and people say, "wow what does he weigh?" like its an accomplishment to gorge your dog to death.  David says, none of your business, if it happens to me, I say, "how big are your breasts/how big is your penis" then when they look shocked, I say, oh sorry, I thought we were asking stuff that was none of our business. 
Hehe :D

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2006, 10:38:58 am »
One hundred pounds is perfect for a Rott.  I get so pissed when we are out with Badger and people say, "wow what does he weigh?" like its an accomplishment to gorge your dog to death.  David says, none of your business, if it happens to me, I say, "how big are your breasts/how big is your penis" then when they look shocked, I say, oh sorry, I thought we were asking stuff that was none of our business. 

It's nice that she's bigger than her breeder and dad's handler thought she'd be.  She still looks small compared to Lady.  I like her the size she is. 

Rotts carry weight well I think.  And I doubt people think you gorge him to death.  :)  At least Badger is solid...wherea s the the breastseses aren't.  :) 

doggylover

« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2006, 02:06:55 pm »

It's nice that she's bigger than her breeder and dad's handler thought she'd be.  She still looks small compared to Lady.  I like her the size she is. 

Rotts carry weight well I think.  And I doubt people think you gorge him to death.  :)  At least Badger is solid...wherea s the the breastseses aren't.  :) 

Badger was really obese years ago.  I think its a bit of a button for me because I blame myself for the orthopedic problems he now has, because I unknowingly overfed him as a young dog.  His moron breeder told me what to feed him and she said he should be 170 pounds "all muscle", so I kept feeding him.  At the time I knew NOTHING about rotts, and when we would take him out, people would say, wow what a huge good looking dog!  So now that he is a good weight, it really irritates me when people comment on how big he is, like its a studly thing.  He is 125, but really tall, which contributes to his problems.  I really wish he was smaller and more compact like your Grace!
 :)