Author Topic: Grouchy video store customers  (Read 7716 times)

DakotaMom

Grouchy video store customers
« on: June 02, 2006, 01:54:46 pm »
I took Nani out to socialize her today. We spent some time at Home Depot then stopped by Hollywood Video to get some movies for the weekend.

When we came around a corner there was a woman that was visibly upset that I would bring my dog into the video store. Nani was being very good and she did not come anywhere near this woman. I try not to let my dogs walk up on people unless the person wants to say hello. As the woman was checking out she complained to the employee about allowing dogs in the store and that she would never bring her three dogs into a store. She made a point to be loud enough that I would hear her complaints.

The employee told her that as long as they are well behaved and on a leash they would be allowed in the store.

Nani and I made a point to walk up behind her but she would not say anything to me. I am not the kind of person to start something, but I was sure hoping she was. The employee and I decided that her dogs must not be well behaved enough to bring out in public so she needed to take out her frustration somewhere.

Here a couple of pictures of my naughty Nani. She turned seven months yesterday.

Offline Scootergirl

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
    • Be my friend on myspace!
Re: Grouchy video store customers
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2006, 01:57:54 pm »
Nani really needs to lay off the "weed"!
"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principle difference between dog and man." -- Mark Twain

Blair

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2006, 02:00:56 pm »

:D that is too funny...She really is a beautiful girl....And would of told that lady to kiss my arse  ;D

DakotaMom

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2006, 02:01:38 pm »
I just can't get her to leave the "weed" alone!

Thanks for the laugh.

Kiahpyr

« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2006, 02:47:54 pm »
Where'd that little puppy go? Nani has gotten so big!!! She's beautiful!

I'm so jealous that you can bring dogs into other stores. The only ones that allow dogs around here are pet stores.

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2006, 02:49:10 pm »
Is that clump of grass good??

Offline amylynn

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2006, 07:18:02 pm »
Nani is GORGEOUS! It sounds like she is also well behaved. I'll bet that was that ladies issue. She is jealous of how well behaved Nani was. I'm sorry.
Blessings! :)
Amy Lynn

k2campbell

« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2006, 07:19:59 pm »
Stupid lady!  She's just jealous! >:(

Nani looks GREAT! ;) 

Is the whole "grass" thing a Leo trait?  Kate does that too - A LOT! :D

doggylover

« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2006, 10:32:23 pm »
Can you imagine what a treat that woman is to live with?  Nani ought to share some of her weed with that woman's husband.   :D ;)

Offline Bella's mom

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2006, 10:39:56 pm »

HAHAHAHAAAA!!!
Tessie - Belladonna's and Mojo's Mom

doggylover

« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2006, 12:06:19 am »
Can you imagine what a treat that woman is to live with?  Nani ought to share some of her weed with that woman's husband.   :D ;)

aaaaaaahahahah ahaha good one :)

HeeHee ;D

DakotaMom

« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2006, 08:17:29 am »
We have given up on having a nice yard for a while. Jade had grown out of this until Nani came along. Now I think they see who can pull up the most at one time. I just wish they would do this to the weeds.

Offline brandon

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
    • HaveParrotWillTravel.com
« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2006, 10:51:09 am »
I just want to comment that I am very jealous that you have stores that you can take your dog into.  You can go to pet stores here , that's it.  I just can't imagine what the heck would happen if I brought a dog into a video store here, it just doesn't happen, people would freak out.
“Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.â€

DakotaMom

« Reply #13 on: June 03, 2006, 11:01:17 am »
We didn't know about the video store until we brought Nani home. We happened to stop by and while I ran in, my husband waited outside holding Nani. One of the employees spotted them and insisted that we bring her in.

Home Depot has a sign saying only service animals but we have never been asked to leave. The weekends are very busy and a great place for meeting people.

doggylover

« Reply #14 on: June 03, 2006, 12:09:29 pm »
Portland is kinda weird about this kind of thing.  They allow pets at most restaraunts, because a lot of them have outside seating.  On nice days, there are dogs sitting on the sidewalk at indoor/outdoor restaraunts as far as the eye can see.  We took Pookie to one once, but he rested his head on the table and licked my lunch, so that was the end of that.  (he thinks a lick isn't really stealing).
 :D