Author Topic: Tonka the supermodel WAIF!  (Read 8021 times)

Offline Stacey

• Grand Master
  • Tonka
    • View Profile
    • myspace
Tonka the supermodel WAIF!
« on: June 05, 2006, 11:33:03 pm »
After a long week Tonka is very glad to be home and back on his couch!  This is Tonka more than 15lbs lighter!! :-\

I am kind of a big deal!

doggylover

Re: Tonka the supermodel WAIF!
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2006, 11:36:53 pm »
OMG poor Tonka looks emaciated.  How scary for you.  Can you imagine how relieved he must feel to be back at home with you, on his comfy familiar bed? 
I am just sooo happy that you had such a good outcome.  He will be back to his old self soon!  Badger thinks he needs lots of peanut butter!
 :D

Icerotti

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2006, 05:36:51 am »
Poor Tonka..wow 15 pounds he lost...The important thing is he feels better so he will be able to be putting weight back on in  no time.  Would satin balls work for putting weight back on him.

Here is a post that was on them a while ago.
http://www.bigpawsonly.com/index.php/topic,7366.0.html

There is a recipe for them further down in the post.
I have never used them but I have heard they have great results from others.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2006, 05:37:59 am by Icerotti »

EllieAndBlu

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2006, 07:10:12 am »
awwwww poor baby!
but like Tina said.... "He's home and he's ok, the weight will come back." That is the most important thing - Tonka is home and is feeling better.  :)

Offline aggghgmom

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2006, 07:14:20 am »
Tonka I don't think I have ever been so glad to see a dog that didn't belong to me!!  I'm so happy that you are home with your family and on the road to recovery.  I was so worried I hated signing on for fear of a bad report.

As far as the extra weight - I would be happy to send you some of mine! 

So glad you are on the mend!!

Randy & Harley

Gypsy Jazmine

« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2006, 10:01:26 am »
Wow!...He was a sick baby boy!...He still manages to look so handsome though...I am so glad he is back home with you!

DakotaMom

« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2006, 10:15:55 am »
Please be very careful with Tonka. If he is anything like my Dakota, his pancreas will not deal well high fat foods like peanut butter. Every time Dakota is not feeling well I can trace it back to something he ate.

Offline Bella's mom

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2006, 11:05:40 am »
Poor baby!  I'm sure he will enjoy putting that weight back on, though.  I always do! ::)
Tessie - Belladonna's and Mojo's Mom

Offline Stacey

• Grand Master
  • Tonka
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2006, 11:27:07 am »
I am taking it pretty slow right now and trying to ease him back in.  He always loved peanut butter before (I would give him the jars when they were almost empty and that would occupy him for hours!).
It will probably take some time before I give him anything other than his food again.  I had been thinking about going raw but now I am scared to make any changes for him.
I am kind of a big deal!

Offline longshadowfarms

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
    • Longshadow Farms
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2006, 11:30:45 am »
Poor fella!  I'm sure he'll bounce back quickly just from all the love and security of home!  I think you're wise to go slow and let his system get back to normal.  Poor fella has had a rough go of it!  His energy level will give you hints as to what he can handle.  Right now he looks like he just wants to rest!
Daphne

Offline Saintgirl

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2006, 11:42:36 am »
I am so glad that Tonka has made it home!! You are so right about taking it easy on food for him. The pancreas can be really fussy after such a traumatic event and will digest bland and familiar things much easier. Fatty foods especially are difficult for the sick pancreas to break down (the pancreas has to work extra hard to produce digestive enzymes capable of breaking down the fatty foods). Dairy fats are especially difficult for a dog with pancreatic issues to cope with. And luckily Tonka is a pupper, and doesn't need to avoid the number one aggrivator of the pancreas- ALCOHOL!

All of wishes go to Tonka for a speedy recovery!!
Leah, Hutch, and Abbey

Offline Softhug

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2006, 11:45:12 am »
There's no place like home...there's no place like home...there's no place like home...<clicking big paws together>

Yayyyy!  I know your boy is so happy to be back with his family.  That is probably the best medicine now!  Glad to see your family is complete again!  Get better soon Tonka!  :-* right on the slobber spout!
« Last Edit: June 06, 2006, 11:46:06 am by Softhug »
Jacquie-Undercover Princess
Tsu Ling-Chow Chow-RIP 5/08
Boudreaux-American Mastiff
Griffey-Pi55y, fat, yellow cat
Comrade-red/white Siberian Husky
"Lots of people talk to animals," said Pooh.
"Not that many listen though."
"That's the problem."

Offline Fumble

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2006, 11:45:17 am »
omg what a face in the third picture! as if to say, "mom, is the picture taking really necessary??" soo cute! i'm glad that he's feeling better though!
"My newfoundlands live my life as passionately as i live theirs"
"I slip the hater of what i've become.  they slip the halter of what they've been, and we live together, passionately, changed"
-Both from "in the company of newfies"

WE REPRESENT THE LOLLIPOP GUILD!!!

doggylover

« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2006, 12:13:19 pm »
You know we are all releived when we start the jokes!! ::Kisses for Tonka Moss:: :-* :-*

Offline Stacey

• Grand Master
  • Tonka
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #14 on: June 06, 2006, 01:05:48 pm »
I have been thinking about a nickname for him since he is sooo "heroin chic" now, he also wants some "product" for his fur....such a DIVO! ;D
I am kind of a big deal!