Author Topic: unbreakable stuffies??  (Read 4055 times)

Offline Stacey

• Grand Master
  • Tonka
    • View Profile
    • myspace
unbreakable stuffies??
« on: June 10, 2006, 07:47:24 am »
Tonka LOVES his stuffies...I mean LOOOOOVES them.  Problem is, that they live for like 2 minutes and he has them killed and gutted all over my living room, and I have to clean it up.
Anyone have any suggestions for stuffy-like toys that are more durable?  I don't want to give him these stuffies anymore..partl y because its messy, and partly because I am worried he will eat the stuffing.
I am kind of a big deal!

Offline kathryn

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
Re: unbreakable stuffies??
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2006, 08:10:38 am »
I am always looking for toys that are indestructible .  Cinder and Kaila have destroyed every toy including the ones made from fire hose that are supposed to be nearly indestructible .  I think that toy lasted all of 30 minutes.  I have found that they will keep playing with the carcass after desqueaking and destuffing the toys.  So I leave the carcass with them for awhile before I throw it away.  Sorry not much help.

Kat
Kaila - Belgian Malinois
Shiner - Malinois x Ridgeback
Toulouse, Cayenne, Raven - DSH

Due to recent budget cuts and the rising cost of electricity, gas and oil, as well as current market conditions, the Light at the End of the Tunnel has been turned off. We apologize for the inconvenience

Offline zanie

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2006, 09:41:24 am »
I will eagerly be watching the replies on this because Dell is a HUGE stuffy kind of guy, HOWEVER, he is also notorious for disemboweling them.

I, too, am concerned about him injesting the filling.  I bought him this really neat toy once that was supposed to be REALLY durable.  he didn't tear the fabric; he laid in the yard and picked at the seams with his teeth until he got a loose thread, then he tore it along the seam.

Too smart for his own good... :-\
"I think dogs are the most amazing creatures; they give unconditional love. For me they are the role model for being alive." - Gilda Radner

Seattle, WA

Offline zanie

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2006, 09:49:00 am »
We had the Mean Kitty and he did manage to last about a week.  And once the stuffing is out of it, forget it!  No interest.
"I think dogs are the most amazing creatures; they give unconditional love. For me they are the role model for being alive." - Gilda Radner

Seattle, WA

Offline Stacey

• Grand Master
  • Tonka
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2006, 10:13:23 am »
I bought Tonka one of those tire toys, thinking it would take him months to destroy that....it lasted a day!!  I am going to try the Chicken toy and see if that lasts.  It is just his MISSION with these stuffies is to DESTROY them!!!
The longest lasting toy we have had is a x-large braided rope toy, he loves slinging that around!  I bought him a football and within an hour it was shredded!!   :o

Sheesh!! :D
I am kind of a big deal!

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2006, 05:02:30 pm »
The new AKC toy line out is pretty durable. Bear loves his toys to death too so when we got some of those which are big in size we were very happy.
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.

Offline shangrila

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2006, 07:25:16 pm »
I bought Tonka one of those tire toys, thinking it would take him months to destroy that....it lasted a day!!
Really? Do you remember what brand you got? There are a few brands that made toys in the shape of tires (nylabone, spot, etc) that aren't really tire material. The paw tracks ones from mammoth pet are made of real tires and they are pretty strong!

Also, have you tried the  Nylabone Galileo Bone? It is supposed to be super tough.

As far as stuffies go, I would say the suspicious chicken brand has the strongest ones I have found, and those ones holly posted look really cool too.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2006, 07:27:12 pm by shangrila »
RIP former BPO

Offline macybean

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2006, 07:31:02 pm »
Sadie loves her "babies"; however, those goofy thin rubber toys that they sell can be torn to bits in about 10 seconds. I've never purchased one for her, but someone did give her one once. She wouldn't dream of harming her babies, though. We've only killed two-Riley and her pulled on them and their arms came off. This happened two days in a row. That was it. One bear she currently has is missing an ear...

Within the past week, Riley has decided to destuff my couch pillows. I'm kind of wishing he preferred to destuff toys. Of course, that would probably traumatize Sadie: "You've KILLED my baby!"

Offline Stacey

• Grand Master
  • Tonka
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2006, 10:25:11 am »
I bought Tonka one of those tire toys, thinking it would take him months to destroy that....it lasted a day!!
Really? Do you remember what brand you got? There are a few brands that made toys in the shape of tires (nylabone, spot, etc) that aren't really tire material. The paw tracks ones from mammoth pet are made of real tires and they are pretty strong!

I don't know the brand, it was in a bin at Petsmart and Tonka picked it out.  It was made of the real tire material though and he dismantled it in a matter of hours.

He does have a nylabone and he LOVES it...it has survived for a couple of months now with no signs of stopping. 

Those firehose ones look really cool, and his faves are the squeaky toys.  His birthday is this month so I think he will get some new toys for his first b-day!

Also, have you tried the  Nylabone Galileo Bone? It is supposed to be super tough.

As far as stuffies go, I would say the suspicious chicken brand has the strongest ones I have found, and those ones holly posted look really cool too.
I am kind of a big deal!