Poll

Should all the dog houses match when they are sided and trimmed out?

Same
5 (50%)
Different
5 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Voting closed: June 11, 2005, 09:33:25 am

Author Topic: dog houses  (Read 13922 times)

Offline kildeskennel

• Paw-meister
  • Beautiful beauty
    • View Profile
    • Kildes Kennel
dog houses
« on: June 06, 2005, 09:33:25 am »
Happiness comes of the capacity to feel deeply, to enjoy simply, to think freely, to risk life, to be needed.
Storm Jameson

lins_saving_grace

Re: dog houses
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2005, 09:41:41 am »
So is this where you sleep?  :)
Very nice!

Offline mamadog

• Big Paw Certified
  • This is me and my Finn
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2005, 09:50:26 am »
My babies have a dog house. It's a small 2 bedroom, fully furnished and they're nice enough to let us sleep in it too!

Vicki

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2005, 10:08:04 am »
I'd love to get our puppies a condo...two story. 

Offline mamadog

• Big Paw Certified
  • This is me and my Finn
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2005, 10:20:27 am »
Our babies are requesting an upgrade to a large house on 15 acres in the country. They are still willing to let us stay with them... but they want another big doggie friend too.

Vicki

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2005, 10:25:35 am »
With 15 acres your doggies could buy you a nice large puppy friend.  I'd expect Lady and Grace to get a few other Rotts if they could find me a 15 acre parcel on the Lake. :)

Offline mamadog

• Big Paw Certified
  • This is me and my Finn
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2005, 10:30:01 am »
Another nice big doggie friend would be wonderful! Then we'd have 2 cats, 2 little dogs and 2 big ones. I could spend all day just loving them!! One of them would always want to play or cuddle!!  And I need some goats too. And bunnies!!!

Vicki

Offline kildeskennel

• Paw-meister
  • Beautiful beauty
    • View Profile
    • Kildes Kennel
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2005, 02:57:24 pm »
You guys are so funny!  The pups house is large enough to sleep all the kids, both parents and the pups comfortably.  During the last thunderstorm, both boys took their sleeping bags out and slept for a long time witht he pups, I however did not sleep at atll and at about 11pm I went and brought the kids in, pups were warm and cozy in their wood chips and straw! 
Happiness comes of the capacity to feel deeply, to enjoy simply, to think freely, to risk life, to be needed.
Storm Jameson

Offline kildeskennel

• Paw-meister
  • Beautiful beauty
    • View Profile
    • Kildes Kennel
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2005, 03:00:20 pm »
Ok everybody LOOK to the left, I have started a poll, as I am having trouble deciding how to side the houses, everyone can help if they want place your vote there! 
Storm Jameson

GYPSY JAZMINE

« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2005, 09:08:19 am »
LOL Vicki!...K.K., I love your doghouse!...Very nice!...I want one so I can move outside & get away from my family & critters sometimes!...lol...I voted for different looking dog houses...I bet you have some really good ideas!

Offline kildeskennel

• Paw-meister
  • Beautiful beauty
    • View Profile
    • Kildes Kennel
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2005, 10:30:25 am »
I do, but my hun has more!  He is of course the "master" constructor!  He wants to do them all differently, I originally said all the same, but he said "HOW BORING IS THAT!"  As I ponder the ideas, and look at the kennel I think it would be pretty nice to see different ones, he may start selling them too, but right now all my houses have to be completed!  LOL  The old adage, "A carpenters house is never done"  certainly will not apply to me if I can help it! 
I hope you are doing ok...
Storm Jameson

Offline coonie1970

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2005, 11:16:26 am »
K.K
Love the idea of getting a vote going. Great way to decide. I voted for the same. I love the dog house. I need to get hubby building one for Judge. He's a trucker not a carpenter so we will see how it turnes out.
Vicki
Hope you get your puppys there 15 acres. I grew up on 80 acres and there was never a shortage of pets. Ill post a pic of my dads goats for you. I love this picture.
Katey at Grampas Farm.
Karen :) Image hosting by Photobucket

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2005, 05:28:05 pm »
Coonie.... What a wonderful pic. It does bring back memories, clothes like that and the black and white pics hehe I guess that kinda says "we are old lol"

Kildes..... I voted for same. I am terribly boring, I get nervous if the I have two of the same and they dont stand/sit (or whatever they do) in the same angel or in the same direction.

The dog houses are sooo nice. My doggies, like vickis has a rather large dog house, the two story you wanted lins hehe, not a condo but two story. And we get to live there too, only if we are nice to them though and clean after ourselves and them. We even get to sleep in their bed, you all should get mastiffs they are soooooo kind hearted lol......

Marit
what the lion is to a cat, the mastiff is to a dog

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2005, 07:49:03 am »
You shold paint one to look like a steam engine.  And have a bunch of them paint behind that one to look like train cars and a caboose

Offline kildeskennel

• Paw-meister
  • Beautiful beauty
    • View Profile
    • Kildes Kennel
« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2005, 05:39:55 pm »
Looks like it was 50/50 vote!  We are goingto do them all differently.  On a different note, I will be off site for a few days as I am working, and after that working on getting Misty home, she was to big to fit int eh cargo area of the plane from Canada to the States, so I am going to Canada to pick her up.  WOW!  That will be a TRIP.....  I will let everyone know when things settle down...
Storm Jameson