Author Topic: having to say goodbye  (Read 9494 times)

Offline Kristycare

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
having to say goodbye
« on: June 07, 2005, 10:43:23 am »
Odin is almost 3 and he has wolbers. I have known for a year but I have hoped this day wouldn't come. Odin was born July 19th 2002. I remember his paws were bigger then him, he was always tripping over them. He likes to eat my veggies out of the garden and play keep away. Odin never liked water but he would walk right into the tub when it was time for his bath.  I don't know how I'm going to sleep with a empty hole in my bed. We are so going to miss him! June 7th 2005
Odins mommy

lins_saving_grace

Re: having to say goodbye
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2005, 10:56:21 am »
That is a sad thing to have to say goodbye to a good friend.  I've been there a couple of times (once in February this year).  I know how you're feeling and I wish you the best and hope you somehow get through this.  I got tears in my eyes just reading this.   :'(  I am so sorry!!  And you never stop missing them...feeling them...thinkin g about them...or loving them.  At least we still have that.  The memories are precious.

Offline coonie1970

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2005, 10:59:00 am »
Kristy
Im so sorry!! I can see just how loved Odin is from your picture. He will always have a place in your heart.
I was just wondering what woblers is and how did he get it??
XOXO
Coonie
Karen :) Image hosting by Photobucket

dohertyswissy

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2005, 11:02:31 am »
Oh, Kristy, I am so sorry to hear about this.   :'(  Odin certainly seems like a beloved member of the family.  Please know that our thoughts are with you and your family. 

Hugs,

Heather and Ranger

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2005, 11:07:49 am »
Wobblers is a displacement of the vertebrae in the neck (mostly in Dobbies) that makes the dog "wobble".  It's sad really.

Offline NatsaintB

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2005, 11:16:12 am »
I'm so sorry for your pain!  I too got tears just reading your post because losing a pet leaves such an empty spot in your lives and hearts.  Please know that you are among friends here if you need a shoulder :'(.  Take care.

Natalie

Offline Carolyn

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2005, 11:22:39 am »
So sorry to hear of your loss.
Carolyn
Carolyn

GR8DAME

« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2005, 11:23:59 am »
I have had to say goodbye to three furkids in the last 15 years, and it has never been easy, always a little piece of my heart went with them. Why is it that the last and most loving act that we can do for them..letting go, is the hardest. My thoughts and prayers to you and your family.
Stella

Offline kildeskennel

• Paw-meister
  • Beautiful beauty
    • View Profile
    • Kildes Kennel
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2005, 11:28:19 am »
I am so sorry for your loss....Shana
Happiness comes of the capacity to feel deeply, to enjoy simply, to think freely, to risk life, to be needed.
Storm Jameson

Offline Kristycare

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2005, 12:59:24 pm »
I help out with a Great Dane rescue and I have a foster dog that just come to stay with me. I'm going to keep him! I will be leaving at 3 to take Odin to the vet. It seems like its the hardest thing I have ever had to do. He is still Odin and hasn't lost his sprit, just his limbs aren't working. I love him so much!
Kristy

nickerbokker

« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2005, 01:08:41 pm »
i CANNOT express how sorry i am.  losing a pet is the hardest thing in the world to do, and i willl be thinking of you ALL DAY and always!  the only thing i can really say right now is that i have a few kids up there that i talk to every night, and i will tell them to go make a new friend and keep him safe and happy!

ALL of my LOVE....nicki  :'(

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2005, 01:12:31 pm »
You poor thing. I am so sorry and can't inagine what you must be going through right now. It is easy to see how loved Odin is by your family. I will keep you in my prayers.
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.

Offline coonie1970

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2005, 01:25:04 pm »
I have goose bumps. Its been a long time since I had to live through the death of a dog. It brings back memories.
Kiss those kids of yours. They are likely going to have a hard time with this.
Big hugs to you!!!! Your in my thoughts.
Coonie
Karen :) Image hosting by Photobucket

Offline DixieSugarBear

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2005, 01:31:29 pm »
I am so very sorry for your loss.  Just try to think about all of the love he has given you and that will help you make it.  I lost my 9 1/2 year old pyr (Rosie) last summer and I still think of her at least a dozen times a day.  Just this morning I though that Sugar Bear may have Bloat for about an hour and it was a very long hour.

Lisa
Lisa, owned by the following:
Sugar Bear - Great Pyrenees 4.5 yr.
Dixie Darlin - Great Pyrenees 4 yr.
Penny Lane - Great Pyrenees 2.5 yr.
Beauman - Great Pyrenees 14 months
Izzy - Great Pyrenees 14 month
Rosie - Great Pyrenees (at the bridge)

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2005, 01:57:56 pm »
 :'( I am so so sorry, me too is crying as I read this. It is like reading about what you are having to go though brings back how it felt when I have been in the same situation. I know when I am writing this you may be on your way home and it feels like it will never get any better. It takes time, it is hard and you will cry a ton but it will get easier to live with. We are here for you and will listen to whatever you need to say or however much you need to talk about it.

I have a few kids up there too, and like nickers babies, they will wait on him, and tell him, his mom wanted them to come meet him and be his very best friend. They will look after him and he will run around playing without having to wobble anymore.

Give all your two legged children a big hug and big huggs and slobbers to you too.

We are thinking of you.

Safe crossing Odin

Marit

what the lion is to a cat, the mastiff is to a dog