Author Topic: New Foster  (Read 12446 times)

Nicole

New Foster
« on: July 04, 2006, 12:08:06 pm »
Hey everyone! Well, since nobody is in chat, I guess I'll just post here!

So, I'm picking up a foster dane this evening. He's a 4 year old mantle, and his name is Cosmo. He's a sad story, I guess. He was being kept in a crate 20 hours a day, and only weighs 116 pounds! (This is up from 106 when his angel rescued him)

Anyway, I'll post pictures this evening.

Offline dober_gurl

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
Re: New Foster
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2006, 12:19:15 pm »
Awww poor guy sounds like he's had a rough time. :(

Can't wait to see pics of this gorgeous boy!
"None left to rescue, none left to buy, none left to suffer, none left to die. None to be beaten, none to be kicked...all must be loved and all must be fixed"

Maggie-Doberman
Molly-Papillon
Mickey-Mutt
Collin-Kitty
Sunny-Amazon Parrot
Squishy-Guinea Pig
Harper/Lyric-Rats

Offline krismark

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
    • My babies!
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2006, 12:23:15 am »
Ahem...where are the pics, woman?  :P ;D

Gypsy Jazmine

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2006, 12:48:18 am »
Hey everyone! Well, since nobody is in chat, I guess I'll just post here!

So, I'm picking up a foster dane this evening. He's a 4 year old mantle, and his name is Cosmo. He's a sad story, I guess. He was being kept in a crate 20 hours a day, and only weighs 116 pounds! (This is up from 106 when his angel rescued him)

Anyway, I'll post pictures this evening.
That is SO awesome!!!...That you're rescuing Cosmo that is!!...so you now own a Dane, huh? :D Pics pretty please! :-*

Offline PennyK

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2006, 06:17:50 am »
Good on you for taking him in!

Can't wait for those pics!
Every girl needs a Teddy bear!

Lyn

« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2006, 08:51:31 am »
Pic! Pics! Pics! Where's the pics?!!?  ;) :D

Nicole

« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2006, 09:18:46 am »
Ok...for some reason my internet isn't working at my house. Sooo...I've got video and a few pics, but I'll have to get them up later. (I'm at school right now)

So, anway...it was an interesting evening with Cosmo.A few rough spots, but all in all it went well.

He's super skinny. The woman that I picked him up from said 116!!!! You can see his hips, spine and all of his ribs! Poor boy!

He's going to get neutered on Friday. I'll have pics up this afternoon, I hope!!!

Offline Leah...

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2006, 09:28:43 am »
YAY FOR COSMO! i sorta chuckled, because only a BPO'er would say "Only 116 pounds"! lol. it is a very sad story though! good thing he's got you! So, is this the kind of foster you find a home for in 2 weeks, or the kind of foster that you call a foster until you convince spouse otherwise?
Leah
Leah
Mom to:
Sky- Australian Shepherd
Sammie- Newfoundland/Border Collie mix
Rose- Tortie/Tabby cat
Stinky- Silver Marten rabbit
Ruby, Mambo and Charlotte- Rats
Trevor- Frog
13 Millipedes
NO LONGER WITH US
Bailey the Wolf-Dog 1998-2007
Spanky- Rabbit 2000-2007

Nicole

« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2006, 07:02:26 pm »
Well, this is definitely a foster until we find him a new home. Unless something really dramatic happens, like I find an amazing job and buy a new house soon! But, he is going to need some time before he can go to a new home. Unless its a Dane experienced home. (Not that I am, but I feel like I am, I mean, sheesh, I AM Auntie to Cyprus, Atticus, Lucy, Mattie, Kiden....etc. etc.)

Ok, so without further ado..

Heeeeeeeere's Cosmo!

More in a few...

Nicole

« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2006, 07:13:27 pm »

Nicole

« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2006, 07:26:49 pm »

Nicole

« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2006, 08:23:44 pm »
I LOVE HIM!!!! Nicole you are doing a fantastic job!! I know you're gonna be the most awesome foster momma this boy could ever have!!!
 :-*Julie

Awwww! Thanks!!!! I'm in love with him, and I can't wait for everyone to meet him!!!

k2campbell

« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2006, 08:31:57 pm »
He's beautiful Nicole, he has a very kind face  ;) Poor fella sure is skinny, but I'm sure you'll fatten him up in no time! :)

Bless your heart for taking him in, you'll do just fine with him.  CONGRATULATION S!!! ;D

Nicole

« Reply #13 on: July 05, 2006, 08:44:34 pm »
He's beautiful Nicole, he has a very kind face  ;) Poor fella sure is skinny, but I'm sure you'll fatten him up in no time! :)

Bless your heart for taking him in, you'll do just fine with him.  CONGRATULATION S!!! ;D

Thanks...but the only thing I'm concerned about is that I will NEVER get my bed back!!!!

« Last Edit: July 05, 2006, 09:11:03 pm by Nicole »

Nicole

« Reply #14 on: July 05, 2006, 09:13:50 pm »
Ok, and one more of the skinny minny!!!!