Author Topic: New Foster  (Read 12447 times)

Offline longshadowfarms

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
    • Longshadow Farms
Re: New Foster
« Reply #15 on: July 05, 2006, 09:15:38 pm »
That poor, sad dog is so abused by having to sleep on the bed!!!   :D ;D I'm sure he'll pack on the pounds in no time given the obvious way he's pining away for his old crate.  He's gorgeous!  Congrats and enjoy the sweet time with him.  He's HUGE!!
Daphne

k2campbell

« Reply #16 on: July 05, 2006, 09:16:03 pm »
He's beautiful Nicole, he has a very kind face  ;) Poor fella sure is skinny, but I'm sure you'll fatten him up in no time! :)

Bless your heart for taking him in, you'll do just fine with him.  CONGRATULATION S!!! ;D

Thanks...but the only thing I'm concerned about is that I will NEVER get my bed back!!!!

OMG - how precious Nicole!  Looks like you're getting quite attached to him already  ;) hmmmmmmmmmmm.. .

Nicole

« Reply #17 on: July 06, 2006, 04:28:17 pm »
Well...bad news about Cosmo.

Last night, he attacked my cat. I chalked it up to an accident...

Today, he grabbed my landlady's Shih without warning and just started SHAKING him! Thank GOD Molly had been holding the Shih...I don't know what Cosmo would have done if he had just gotten a hold of him.

I am really upset and scared right now. I don't trust him around the cats, and my landlady's dog is freaking traumatized and not walking on one leg. I need help!

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Cowboy is four years old and Chester is almost two
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 06, 2006, 05:10:10 pm »
That's so scary!  I can't give you much more than a cyber-hug! I'm so sorry!  I know others will have a lot more practical information, but it seems that you should isolate him for a while until you can figure out what to do next! :-\

Nicole

« Reply #19 on: July 06, 2006, 06:04:50 pm »
Ugh!!!! Thanks, Mari! Yeah, he's currently in a horse stall, barking his fool head off. Its terrible.

I just don't know what to do. I can't trust him now. Two unprovoked attacks...I tried to call the lady I got him from, TWICE. She didn't answer. I left her a VM and told her what was going on. I called a friend of mine who is an Animal Control Officer...she was pretty um, well, let's just say not optomistic.

I'm going out for a drink. I don't know what else to do, and I can't sit here and listen to him bark his brainless head off anymore. Molly's frustrated, I'm frustrated, and needless to say, my landlady isn't very happy.  :(

Offline Saint and Mal mom

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 06, 2006, 06:47:37 pm »
So sorry about the accidents, but I'm glad you are helping him out by fostering. I hope everything gets worked out fine.
Marissa

Zoey- Alaskan Malamute, 4 years
Dolly, CGC- Saint Bernard, 4 years
Foster mom to Clarence- Basset Hound, 5 years

"To be loved by...any animal should fill us with awe-for we have not deserved it."

Offline krismark

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
    • My babies!
« Reply #21 on: July 07, 2006, 02:13:28 am »
Awwww, Nicole! So sorry to hear he is terrorizing the natives. I sure do wish we had some space open in our house. He sounds like the perfect addition to our hous...althoug h Gabriel might not like the competition in small animal attacking.

He sounds like a giant Watson really. I just know you will be able to save this boy like you did Watson. I have faith in you, my friend!  :-*

Nicole

« Reply #22 on: July 07, 2006, 08:50:40 am »
Ok, well....

Cosmo is at the vet as we speak. I thought long and hard last night, and I realized that although he can't stay with us, he can still be adopted to the right home. And, neutering will go a long way toward making that happen.

So, everyone. Please get the word out about ol' Cosmo. He's 6 years old (I found out yesterday). Male mantle. This afternoon, he'll be neutered and vaccinated. I'm very very willing to help with transport, and I bet I could enlist my very bestest BPO friends to help with that, too if we were able to find him the perfect home.

Perfect for Cosmo means no small dogs, cats or small children. Fenced yard a MUST. Or, someone who is absolutely dedicated to not ever having him off-leash in the house. Other than the small animal attacking, he's a wonderful love-but and I'd keep him in a second.

So, get the word out, BPO Angels of Rescue!

Nicole

« Reply #23 on: July 07, 2006, 06:28:11 pm »
Well, it turns out that morphine is an awesome solution to a high prey drive. Do you think I could keep him on it all the time?

I spoke with the woman that I got him from. She mentioned that she had a guy contact her about him that had just put his elderly Dane down. So, we'll see. I'll contact him soon and see what his deal is.

Gypsy Jazmine

« Reply #24 on: July 07, 2006, 08:52:58 pm »
Nic, I am sorry to hear cosmo has issues with smaller animals...I had the same problem with Rosie & I have 8 cats...I had to be ever vigilant with her & she did actually learn to leave the cats on my recall but unfortunatly Sam & Pippin learned that nasty trait from her & they don't listen as well as Rosie learned to...I think they enjoy the chase more than anything though...I will send a prayer up that Cosmo finds just the right home!

Nicole

« Reply #25 on: July 08, 2006, 06:45:22 am »
Thanks everyone. Well, this morning, Cosmo still seems kinda dopey. I keep telling myself "YAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAY IT WORKED!" But, I'm still really cautious of the cats, and I know that its just the morphine.

We're getting ready to go out to breakfast (Cosmo and Cabeza will be in attendance) so, maybe we'll find his forever home! hahaha!

Nicole

« Reply #26 on: July 10, 2006, 09:52:47 am »
Ok, guys! Cosmo is still in need of a home/foster situation. I've been in cotact with a few people...but, so far nothing has panned out. Its getting rough keeping everyone separated without going nuts...

So, just a BUMP to this thread to remind everyone that Cosmo is still in need, if anyone knows of anything!!!

THANKS!

Offline Kermit

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 10, 2006, 11:33:51 am »
Hey, do you want me to crosspost this to another Dane site? If yes, please tell me what to write on there as far as contact info and all that. Surely someone can help.

I'm sorry for all you've had to go through with him!!

Nicole

« Reply #28 on: July 10, 2006, 03:23:36 pm »
Rebekah-
Sent you a PM.

Thanks to everyone for keeping their eyes and ears open for a place for this guy! I love him to death, but MAN! Gotta protect the little ones, ya know?

Nicole

« Reply #29 on: July 11, 2006, 03:18:12 pm »
****BUUUUUUUMP****

Just wanted to keep this up there...