Author Topic: New to Big Paws  (Read 12428 times)

Offline cataria

• Ankle Biter
  • Shade and Bella
    • View Profile
New to Big Paws
« on: July 05, 2006, 08:30:22 pm »
Here's a picture of my 15 year old Weim and her Dobie housemate, Bella.  Bella had demodectic mange so badly when she came to me as a pup, one line of thinking was that it would almost be more humane to put her down.  She's clear now and has only had one bad outbreak in 2 years...when I left her in a kennel while I went on holiday.  The stress of Mom being gone was just too much to bear.  There's a simple cure for that...I just don't leave her anymore unless it's with my daughter who she adores.  My daughter lives in Mobile, 3 hours away.  The logistics is challenging sometimes to get the girls to Mobile, so unless it's absolutely necessary, they travel with me.
"If unicorns and Pegasus exist only in the minds of children and dreamers, then I am honored to be among the ranks of the childish believer; for where my childhood dreams do die, there too my soul shall whither…" (Sue Lay - copyright 2002)

Offline DixieSugarBear

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
Re: New to Big Paws
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2006, 09:07:37 pm »
Welcome to BPO, we have a great south Alabama group.
Lisa, owned by the following:
Sugar Bear - Great Pyrenees 4.5 yr.
Dixie Darlin - Great Pyrenees 4 yr.
Penny Lane - Great Pyrenees 2.5 yr.
Beauman - Great Pyrenees 14 months
Izzy - Great Pyrenees 14 month
Rosie - Great Pyrenees (at the bridge)

Offline dober_gurl

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2006, 09:29:15 pm »
Welcome! Your dober girl is absolutely beautiful! I have a soft spot for reds. ;D

I'm Megan and am slave to Maggie a 5 year old black&tan dober girl, a 1 year old lab mix named Dudley, 3 mojos, 4 cats, 2 birds, 2 rats, and 1 guinea pig. Yes I have a zoo :P
"None left to rescue, none left to buy, none left to suffer, none left to die. None to be beaten, none to be kicked...all must be loved and all must be fixed"

Maggie-Doberman
Molly-Papillon
Mickey-Mutt
Collin-Kitty
Sunny-Amazon Parrot
Squishy-Guinea Pig
Harper/Lyric-Rats

Offline shangrila

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2006, 09:29:48 pm »
Welcome to BPO! :)
RIP former BPO

Offline Bella's mom

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2006, 10:06:32 pm »
Welcome to another Bella!  I'm Tessie, mom to Belladonna (Great Dane) and Mojo (kitty).  15 year old Weim - Wow!  I'm here in Mobile like your daughter.  3 hours away? - where would that be?
You'll get addicted here!! :D
Tessie - Belladonna's and Mojo's Mom

Icerotti

« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2006, 05:32:42 am »
Welcome to BPO.

Your girls are beautiful ;D

Offline zanie

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2006, 10:28:15 am »
Welcome aboard.  I'm Amy and I am owned by Dell, an 18 month old White Shepherd/Lab mix who is full of hellfire and brimstone.

This place is so great!  I'm sure you'll love it here.
"I think dogs are the most amazing creatures; they give unconditional love. For me they are the role model for being alive." - Gilda Radner

Seattle, WA

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Cowboy is four years old and Chester is almost two
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2006, 11:15:08 am »
Welcome to you and your girls!  They are beautiful!  You sound just like the rest of us...leave them?  oh, I don't think so!!!

I am loved by two Newfoundlands, Cowboy, a three year old Landseer (black and white) and Chester, a one year old brown.

Again, welcome aboard!

Offline cataria

• Ankle Biter
  • Shade and Bella
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2006, 05:38:21 am »
Thanks for the warm welcome.  The dog bed came from Sam's Club.  It was inexpensive and besides the bargin, I've been very pleased with the way it has held up.  The cover zips off and washes up easily.  I suppose I should list all my companions here, eh?  There are Shade and Bella, of course, 3 cats (rescue):  Mr. Beasley, Blue, and Pilgrim.  Beasley and Blue are old; Pilgrim was just rescued on...can you guess?  Thanksgiving morning this past year.  Then there are Shalil, a 20-year old Thoroughbred mare, her daughter Beamer (also TB), 8, and Beamer's son, Kern, who is a 2 year old TB/Trakehner cross.  My daughter, who lives in Mobile, is active on the boards.  She has a rescue Boxer...just lost her beloved Navarre (GSD) a short time ago.  She met the south AL group at the event in Pensacola on 1 July.  Was VERY impressed and had a great time, too.  I'd better get to work... Yuck!
"If unicorns and Pegasus exist only in the minds of children and dreamers, then I am honored to be among the ranks of the childish believer; for where my childhood dreams do die, there too my soul shall whither…" (Sue Lay - copyright 2002)

Offline Softhug

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2006, 06:45:12 am »
Welcome from Tuscaloosa!  I hope you are three hours NORTH of Mobile!  We need more BPO'ers in North/Central AL!  I am Jacquie and my fur kids are Tsu (12yo Chow), Boudreaux (5mo American Mastiff) and Griffey (6yo fat, yellow cat), 3 skins and a hubby too!  This board is great!  I am glad you joined us!
Jacquie-Undercover Princess
Tsu Ling-Chow Chow-RIP 5/08
Boudreaux-American Mastiff
Griffey-Pi55y, fat, yellow cat
Comrade-red/white Siberian Husky
"Lots of people talk to animals," said Pooh.
"Not that many listen though."
"That's the problem."

Kiahpyr

« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2006, 07:22:28 am »
Welcome aboard!!! I'm April and am owned by 2 dogs, 3 cats & 2 lizards. My doggies are Kiah a great pyrenees and Kitana a mix puppy. Hope you enjoy it here!!! I live here! LOL!!!

k2campbell

« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2006, 08:29:52 am »
Welcome to BPO!  Bless your heart for saving Bella back when she was a pup ;D

I'm Kelly, and that's our girl Kate, a Leonberger who is turning 1 tomorrow! ;)

Enjoy it here - it is ADDICTING!!! :)

Offline Bella's mom

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2006, 10:30:17 pm »
Thanks for the warm welcome.  The dog bed came from Sam's Club.  It was inexpensive and besides the bargin, I've been very pleased with the way it has held up.  The cover zips off and washes up easily.  I suppose I should list all my companions here, eh?  There are Shade and Bella, of course, 3 cats (rescue):  Mr. Beasley, Blue, and Pilgrim.  Beasley and Blue are old; Pilgrim was just rescued on...can you guess?  Thanksgiving morning this past year.  Then there are Shalil, a 20-year old Thoroughbred mare, her daughter Beamer (also TB), 8, and Beamer's son, Kern, who is a 2 year old TB/Trakehner cross.  My daughter, who lives in Mobile, is active on the boards.  She has a rescue Boxer...just lost her beloved Navarre (GSD) a short time ago.  She met the south AL group at the event in Pensacola on 1 July.  Was VERY impressed and had a great time, too.  I'd better get to work... Yuck!

Yes!  You're Heatherton's mom.  Met her at the Pensacola dog park, and we all really enjoyed it.
Tessie - Belladonna's and Mojo's Mom

cricket36580

« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2006, 05:36:34 am »
Welcome to the group!