Author Topic: anyone got a tastey recipe  (Read 3893 times)

kate newfie fan

anyone got a tastey recipe
« on: July 06, 2006, 01:44:10 pm »
does anyone know a recipe for my newfie who doesnt eat dog food he loves mince pasta rice chicken and weetabix

Offline Winslow 151

• Paw-meister
  • Winslow at 6 Months
    • View Profile
Re: anyone got a tastey recipe
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2006, 02:26:43 pm »
Hi,

Why won't your Newfie eat dog food? I've never met a Newf who turned down any Food. Well except when My boy turned down his frozen yogurt Birthday treat  :( last week
« Last Edit: July 06, 2006, 02:27:59 pm by Winslow 151 »
Happy Tails to All
Winslow's Dad

Offline Boyle

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2006, 02:52:37 pm »
Your post is a little vague.  Is s/he a picky eater?  Does s/he have dietary issues?  What is a weetabix? 

I don't know what to do for a picky eater since Nola will eat anything.  Most recently, he was pulling gum off the ground when we were in the beer garden.  Yep, Nola's the equivalent of a rocket scientist of the dog world (tee hee).

kate newfie fan

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2006, 03:30:44 pm »
sorry if i didnt give enough info my newfie is 7 months i got him when he was 9 weeks old frm the day i got dakota he has been a very fussy eater he has never liked kibble have tried mixing dry food with gravy and other tasty things but just spat the dry food out and ate whatever i mixed it with he even stopped eating for two days because he didnt like the dry food honest i have tried everything so my vet has suggested i try giving him homemade food he loves it

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Cowboy is four years old and Chester is almost two
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2006, 03:50:47 pm »
Try Coco's cuisine:

www.cocoscanin ecuisine.com

It's a rice and vegtable mixture that you cook with a pound of meat and a package makes about 15 cups.  My Newfs ADORE it...they refuse kibble as well.  You can buy it by the case and have it shipped. 

kate newfie fan

« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2006, 04:59:18 pm »
thanks for your interest where can i order this food i live in scotland where do you live and as you probably guessed this is all new to me .started using computer one month ago

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Cowboy is four years old and Chester is almost two
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2006, 05:07:19 pm »
You can order it on-line....just click on the link and I'm pretty sure they ship internationall y. I live in Southern California.

I know that it is nutrionally well-balanced and that he'll love it!

kate newfie fan

« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2006, 05:14:45 pm »
thanks again

Offline Winslow 151

• Paw-meister
  • Winslow at 6 Months
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2006, 06:27:56 am »
Hi,

I would try to limit your pup to rice and either chicken, turkey, ground beef, or some single protien source. Then try adding different things to see wht the pup will eat. Better to resolve food issues now as home cooked can get expensive really quick.

Once you know what the pup will and won't eat you might be able to find a Kibble or canned food that matches the ingredients, that you can get locally.

Good luck with both the new pup and the new computer!! Welcome to BPO!!!
Happy Tails to All
Winslow's Dad

Offline Boyle

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2006, 08:37:48 am »
Have you thought about switching to a raw diet?  I have had Nola on a prey model raw diet since January and he is thriving. 

Here are a few links on raw feeding

http://www.rawfeddogs.net/
http://www.rawlearning.com/
http://www.rawdogranch.com/index.html
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/rawfeeding/