Author Topic: I'm so mad I can't see straight!  (Read 15999 times)

lins_saving_grace

I'm so mad I can't see straight!
« on: July 12, 2006, 07:02:41 am »
What really bothered me is they said they're calling an attorney

Lady and grace haven't done anything but bark at people (the same people who when i try to make the girls stop barking say "It's ok".  what backstabbing little witches.)
I'm seriously thinking about putting the house up for sale.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2006, 07:04:45 am by lins_saving_grace »

Kiahpyr

Re: I'm so mad I can't see straight!
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2006, 07:07:41 am »
They're so stupid!!!! The kid got attacked by a GR, not a rott! GRRRR!!!!

EllieAndBlu

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2006, 07:15:28 am »
The note doesn't come thru clear on my computer - what does it say?

GR8DAME

« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2006, 07:22:15 am »
Once again, the ignorant general public is blaming the breed, not the owners; and the wrong breed to boot. This seems to be happening more and more in different places, the future is really frightening for big dog owners. I would get some other big dog owners involved in a group action, and hire our own lawyer to meet with theirs. Fight fire with fire.
Stella
« Last Edit: July 12, 2006, 07:22:52 am by GR8DAME »

EllieAndBlu

« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2006, 07:24:40 am »
Thanks Melissa - my "computerness" is less than stellar...lol

Okay now onto the note Lin...  what is up with that?!

I am guessing this is part of the homeowner association... .uuuggghhhh!

Perhaps you should join the committee too... and educate those fools on the fact that the majority of dog bites are committed by small dogs.

gggrrrrrrrrrrr rr

cricket36580

« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2006, 07:29:28 am »
Holly, I like the way you think!  This is ridiculous.  You could also get a letter from your vet saying that you don't own a GR and so this shouldn't apply to you... 

I still can't read the thing...It doesn't do anything when I double click on it. 

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2006, 07:31:37 am »
We just got this in the mail last night.  I never go to these meetings since I have better things to do than worry about speed bumps and tall grass in the development... but it is a homeowners association, yes. 
That Todd guy on the committee has a GR and that Mark guy has a big dog that barks at everyone so he understands.  and no one has ever said anything to us about the girls.  they've told Tony ... the association treasurer about their "fears" of the girls. 
The only thing that bothers me is the whole county prosecutor thing. 
it's STUPID!  Like I've committed a crime for owning 2 Rotts.

Kiahpyr

« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2006, 07:32:10 am »

Offline brandon

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
    • HaveParrotWillTravel.com
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2006, 07:37:53 am »
Just to play the devil's advocate.  I am thinking they will probably want a physical barrier, but don't know what kind of rules they have for fencing in your home owners association. 
The barrier seems reasonable to me & would alleviate the fears some people might have.  I know your girls are using an invisible fence, but in some areas, not sure on yours, they don't consider that enough.
“Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.â€

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2006, 07:52:29 am »
the chain link fence was brought up.  But that invisible fence is like a brick wall and these people know it.   an the bylaws say something about invisible fences being prefered for austhetic reasons. 

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2006, 07:56:04 am »
Lin I think that's just awful!  Its quite sad and scary how often we're starting to see things like this.  If you need a massive petition from BPO stating that your girls are well behaved and loveable, I'm sure we could get you a TON of signatures!  Those idiots are going to have one heck of a fight on their hands if they try to pull anything.
We'll see how this plays out...but I may take you up on this!  Thank you!

Offline Scootergirl

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
    • Be my friend on myspace!
« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2006, 08:01:35 am »
Why don't you invite the entire committee and anyone else in the neighborhood who is "afraid" of your two goofballs to come over to your house and meet them for themselves. Make sure you go to the next meeting to offer alternatives to breed and size banning, such as requiring ALL dog owners (large and small breeds) in the neighborhood association to have their dogs pass the Canine Good Citizen test or some licensed obedience class in order to be able to live in the neighborhood with their pets. That way, the other non-pet owners will feel more comfortable that these dogs have been "certified" as well-behaved and will have the assurance that their guardians are concerned about their good manners around people and other dogs.
"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principle difference between dog and man." -- Mark Twain

EllieAndBlu

« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2006, 08:01:46 am »
the chain link fence was brought up.  But that invisible fence is like a brick wall and these people know it.   an the bylaws say something about invisible fences being prefered for austhetic reasons. 

is there a sign posted on your property stating there is an invisible fence.... like the signs posted by home security companies?

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2006, 08:04:09 am »
Why don't you invite the entire committee and anyone else in the neighborhood who is "afraid" of your two goofballs to come over to your house and meet them for themselves. Make sure you go to the next meeting to offer alternatives to breed and size banning, such as requiring ALL dog owners (large and small breeds) in the neighborhood association to have their dogs pass the Canine Good Citizen test or some licensed obedience class in order to be able to live in the neighborhood with their pets. That way, the other non-pet owners will feel more comfortable that these dogs have been "certified" as well-behaved and will have the assurance that their guardians are concerned about their good manners around people and other dogs.
I've given the neighborhood an invitation to meet them and some have taken me up on it. 
Those are GREAT ideas!!!   I'll have to go to the next meeting and pass them along.  And the people complaining have dogs. 

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2006, 08:05:10 am »

is there a sign posted on your property stating there is an invisible fence.... like the signs posted by home security companies?
Yes!!  Right at the end of the driveway on the mail box post.