Author Topic: rant... who's ready for DRAMA???  (Read 13776 times)

Offline Kermit

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
rant... who's ready for DRAMA???
« on: July 13, 2006, 08:29:58 pm »
 >:(
My turn to rant!!!!
OK, some of you may remember a recent thread I started about a merle female Dane who needed a home in Tennessee. Her name was Annie and she has Addison's disease, and according to the owner she had overcome cancer earlier this year. He had told me Annie was 5 years old. The reason I found out so much about her is because the owner was returning a rescue dog, Darwin, my first foster dog ever who I loved very much and already went through SO MUCH DRAMA with about 6 months ago when they *almost* returned him to us. >:( They kept Darwin for a year and they just gave him back. Because the man got a new job and is moving.  ???
Well, at the advisement of a nearby rescue who spoke to the owner about Annie last week, I stopped trying to help find her a home because supposedly the dog still has a terminal case of cancer and it would have been heartbreaking for a new owner to find out the hard way. I deleted the thread.

Well, tonight I found her on petfinder... listed as a healthy happy 3 YEAR OLD dane...
I AM SO ANGRY AT THAT GUY!!!!! There she is, listed by a humane society (?), and it says you can reach Annie's foster family at blah-blah-blah number and IT'S THE OWNER'S PHONE NUMBER!!!!! And there is the exact same picture that he emailed me.

Poor Annie. I am raving mad. I am about to call him and ask about her as if I want to adopt her, and see what LIES he tells!!!!! >:( >:( >:( But he knows my cell phone number and my voice since I just called him 2 days ago.

I just can't believe this is someone we approved a year ago to adopt Darwin.

GGGGGGRRRRRRRR RRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 http://search.petfinder.com/petnote/displaypet.cgi?petid=6641382

Gypsy Jazmine

Re: rant... who's ready for DRAMA???
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2006, 08:34:44 pm »
Want me to call?...What do you want me to ask?...Rotten rat bast**ds!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! >:( >:( >:(

Offline Kermit

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2006, 08:40:28 pm »
Want me to call?...What do you want me to ask?...Rotten rat bast**ds!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! >:( >:( >:(

Oh that would be REALLY interesting wouldn't it....

The first thing you could say is, "oh that's so nice of you to foster a dog who was abandoned by her owners!!!!!"

>:( >:( >:(

SAR Diver

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2006, 08:45:08 pm »
Kat just brought me up to date on all the @%^&* people that ya'll are having to deal with today.  I like the idea of a BPO mob, or maybe a BPO strike force that goes in and teaches these people "a lesson".  Just my two cents worth.

M- >:(

Gypsy Jazmine

« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2006, 08:47:48 pm »

Oh that would be REALLY interesting wouldn't it....

The first thing you could say is, "oh that's so nice of you to foster a dog who was abandoned by her owners!!!!!"

It's too late to call tonight but I will tomorrow when I have a spare moment...I am going to gush over how wonderful they are to foster Annie, express great interest in her, & ask if they were able to obtain any of her vet info. >:(

Offline Kermit

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2006, 08:54:20 pm »
Kat just brought me up to date on all the @%^&* people that ya'll are having to deal with today.  I like the idea of a BPO mob, or maybe a BPO strike force that goes in and teaches these people "a lesson".  Just my two cents worth.

I think that's a fine idea... count me in the BPO strike force, I am ready to LESSON some JERKS!!!!!!

Gyps... you are my hero. I really wonder what kind of story he will come up with...

Gypsy Jazmine

« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2006, 08:57:18 pm »

I think that's a fine idea... count me in the BPO strike force, I am ready to LESSON some JERKS!!!!!!

Gyps... you are my hero. I really wonder what kind of story he will come up with...
I will definitly call sometime tomorrow...I'll post after I do...Do ya' want me to call him on it when I'm done playing with him? >:(

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Never say Never to a pet in need
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2006, 08:59:17 pm »
This is so underhanded and mean.

I would certainly contact the humane society this person is putting the ad thru.  If that doesn't get you anywhere, I might also contact the dane rescue and see if they can speak to the hs on the dog's behalf

I believe it's also illegal to knowingly sell "damaged merchandise" if you will.  To knowingly sell a sick animal and pawn it off as being perfectly healthy, I believe there are legal repercussions for that.  If not, then there should be.

Gypsy Jazmine

« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2006, 09:03:43 pm »

I will definitly call sometime tomorrow...I'll post after I do...Do ya' want me to call him on it when I'm done playing with him? >:(
I am wrung out & need to get to bed. (See: Went to Grandpa's funeral & it turned into a rescue situation" on the general board) I will check this thread in the morning.

Offline Kermit

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2006, 09:05:26 pm »

I don't know, what do you think?  ??? I'm so mad right now I just don't even know what to do! I can't believe we trusted him with Darwin!!!!! :'(
« Last Edit: July 13, 2006, 09:06:55 pm by doghealer »

Offline Kermit

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2006, 11:19:38 pm »
Well I informed the TN rescue group who was originally going to take Annie that she is on petfinder now. The lady said she has heard too many conflicting stories about this dog already and nothing is adding up... I think she is going to call the shelter in the morning and let them in on the cancer story. So then the shelter will know that they are dealing with a dishonest man, one way or another.

I don't know what the "truth" is at this point, but 6 months ago when the guy was first threatening to return Darwin to us, he told me that Annie was dying of cancer. I wish I still had the emails.

I just hope somehow Annie ends up in a nice new home... away from this weirdo...

Offline Imani's Mom

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
    • My Chinchilla Page
« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2006, 01:51:15 pm »
OMG!  This guy needs to be skinned alive!  I so wish I was close enough to go bail her out, have her checked out by a competent vet, and if it is what is in her best interest (if the cancer story is in fact the truth) have her pts.  If not- the owner would be shot in the "brains" (no, not in the head) and tied by his toenails from a tall tall tree and left to suffer.

Weedsport, NY

Offline zanie

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2006, 02:23:36 pm »

A strike force a la "The Shield" if you ask me! (no rules, just results)

What an @ss! How about a "sock party"??
"I think dogs are the most amazing creatures; they give unconditional love. For me they are the role model for being alive." - Gilda Radner

Seattle, WA

Offline Leah...

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2006, 02:38:18 pm »
DIDO!!!
Leah
Mom to:
Sky- Australian Shepherd
Sammie- Newfoundland/Border Collie mix
Rose- Tortie/Tabby cat
Stinky- Silver Marten rabbit
Ruby, Mambo and Charlotte- Rats
Trevor- Frog
13 Millipedes
NO LONGER WITH US
Bailey the Wolf-Dog 1998-2007
Spanky- Rabbit 2000-2007

Offline Kermit

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2006, 03:53:05 pm »
Here is what I know as of now... all the local rescues have been informed about this guy and his lies. He is being exposed, I'm not sure if anyone has called the shelter yet but I will in a minute and try to find out what is going on. Of course the rescue group I work with is FURIOUS and we feel awful that this is someone we trusted with our sweet boy Darwin. Darwin, who has come back into rescue cowering and afraid, and in worse shape than he was when we last saw him. :'(

This is like a nightmare!!!!

As for calling the jerk, by now he knows he's busted... I believe he will be receiving an entourage of nasty emails and phonecalls...