Author Topic: rant... who's ready for DRAMA???  (Read 13707 times)

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Cowboy is four years old and Chester is almost two
    • View Profile
Re: rant... who's ready for DRAMA???
« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2006, 04:05:57 pm »
Maybe the BPO 'hitsquad' should have his email address.....

Gypsy Jazmine

« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2006, 04:07:17 pm »
Here is what I know as of now... all the local rescues have been informed about this guy and his lies. He is being exposed, I'm not sure if anyone has called the shelter yet but I will in a minute and try to find out what is going on. Of course the rescue group I work with is FURIOUS and we feel awful that this is someone we trusted with our sweet boy Darwin. Darwin, who has come back into rescue cowering and afraid, and in worse shape than he was when we last saw him. :'(

This is like a nightmare!!!!

As for calling the jerk, by now he knows he's busted... I believe he will be receiving an entourage of nasty emails and phonecalls...
I did try twice more & a recording told me that the access code was denied?...Whatever that means...It is probably on my end...Let us know when you hear something..k? :)

Offline Kermit

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2006, 04:44:54 pm »
OK, update time. I feel like I am in the TWILIGHT ZONE. I just talked to a really sweet lady at the shelter who said she must have typed Annie's age wrong by accident. She also said that they have Annie's medical records and know all about her cancer, and she said that Annie has been cleared by a vet, and is found to have no cancer now. I called in sort of a fury and the lady was SO nice to me, it was almost creepy.
Since I got off the phone with her she updated the petfinder profile and it now says the correct age. Was it really a typo? I wonder. Either this lady believes everything she is saying or else she is pals with Annie's owner. All I know is that I am very very confused. :-[

Oh and she told me Annie is still at home with the owner, and the petfinder page is more of a "courtesy listing". And they are looking for a foster who can take over when the owner moves next week.

I want to believe that everything is ok but I am just so confused. :( ??? :(

Offline Imani's Mom

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
    • My Chinchilla Page
« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2006, 05:18:45 pm »
Hmmm... if she has been cleared by a vet, the other rescue would have taken her, so what is really going on here?  Great Creatures Rescue would have taken her in a heartbeat if the cancer was truly gone.

Weedsport, NY

Offline Kermit

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 14, 2006, 05:23:15 pm »
Hmmm... if she has been cleared by a vet, the other rescue would have taken her, so what is really going on here?  Great Creatures Rescue would have taken her in a heartbeat if the cancer was truly gone.

Yeah that's what I was thinking. ???
Here's the Darwin update:

Offline navarre1316

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 21, 2006, 12:25:45 pm »
I called the petfinder number for Annie, cause this has really been bugging me.  I was calling to verify the meds she's on and the amount because if what they have is correct then those "tiny little pills" cost $608 a month!  They gave me a number for her owner but he's moving today apparently and all I got was the machine.  I was hoping it would have been a typo or something!
God placed me on this earth to accomplish certain tasks...I'm so far behind I'll never die!!

Navarre: GSD 9/13/99-5/14/06 patiently waiting
Issabeaux: GSD 1/27/07
Daphne: Boxer
Stone: Siamese mix

Offline Kermit

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 21, 2006, 01:54:41 pm »
I called the petfinder number for Annie, cause this has really been bugging me.  I was calling to verify the meds she's on and the amount because if what they have is correct then those "tiny little pills" cost $608 a month!  They gave me a number for her owner but he's moving today apparently and all I got was the machine.  I was hoping it would have been a typo or something!

Holy cow!!! :o It has become more and more obvious why this man has given up Darwin and why he's giving up Annie. It is so sad. I guess he's done though, he's moving and he will wash his hands of the dogs who he supposedly loved so much, and he can start his new life! >:( Funny thing, he's keeping his other smaller dogs!  >:(

Darwin came back to us with a terrible urinary tract infection which I can't imagine how long he has had. >:( And he is scared to death of hardwood floors now, which he never was before! Luckily he remembers me and Will and he is doing pretty well, all things considered. I wonder where Annie is going to be kept now that the owner is leaving??? And I wonder who will be paying for those meds???  :'( :'( :'(

Offline navarre1316

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 21, 2006, 02:08:32 pm »
That's why I was calling to find out, I was hoping it was a mis-print.  If the meds were do-able I had decided I would take her.  I have a friend in Nashville that will be coming to Mobile in two weeks and could have brought her or I would have taken a day and driven up.  But, I definitely can't do $600+. :'(  And now, who knows where she is.  It's very sad, that't for sure.
God placed me on this earth to accomplish certain tasks...I'm so far behind I'll never die!!

Offline Kermit

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 21, 2006, 02:15:49 pm »
That's why I was calling to find out, I was hoping it was a mis-print.  If the meds were do-able I had decided I would take her.  I have a friend in Nashville that will be coming to Mobile in two weeks and could have brought her or I would have taken a day and driven up.  But, I definitely can't do $600+. :'(  And now, who knows where she is.  It's very sad, that't for sure.

Here is the info that the owner emailed to me:
In regards to Annie condition, I just got her prescription for her Addisson's
disease refilled back in APRIL / MAY and it is good for the next years worth of
pills. I currently order her drugs online from www.DOCTORSOLV E.COM they are the
cheapest I have found, and I order 1000 pills at time,which is almost a 3 months
supply. she takes 12 pills each morning, they are tiny little pills like the
size of birth control pills, each pill is .1mg .

That's from the last email he sent me, when we were still on better terms... :(

Offline navarre1316

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 21, 2006, 02:26:58 pm »
Maybe I'll try the number again.  Those prices definitely are cheaper!

Offline navarre1316

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 21, 2006, 02:30:51 pm »
Well, I left a voice mail, so now I guess I'll wait and see.

Offline navarre1316

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 21, 2006, 03:36:11 pm »
Ok, he called me back.  If I get her meds from that site it comes to like 70 a month, which is definitely do-able. My heart breaks when I think of this dog, and I just think she needs a good/safe/happy place for the rest of her life.  Do I do it??

Offline Kermit

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 21, 2006, 04:52:33 pm »
Ok, he called me back.  If I get her meds from that site it comes to like 70 a month, which is definitely do-able. My heart breaks when I think of this dog, and I just think she needs a good/safe/happy place for the rest of her life.  Do I do it??

I would certainly feel better if she was with you!!!!!!! Let me know if there is anything I can do to help out... I am available for the next week and a half before I am moving out of Nashville!
« Last Edit: July 21, 2006, 04:54:26 pm by doghealer »

Offline navarre1316

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 21, 2006, 05:56:12 pm »
I know someone who lives in Nashville and she will be coming down here but not until the 11th.  If nothing else I could drive up sometime next week and get her.  I told him I'd call him back tomorrow.  He said she can stay at his house, alone, and his friend will check on her and feed her etc.