Author Topic: Samson the big merle Dane finally got adopted!  (Read 4231 times)

Offline Kermit

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
Samson the big merle Dane finally got adopted!
« on: July 17, 2006, 08:02:56 pm »
I am happy to announce that Sammy got adopted!!! :D The house really isn't the same without him, but we are adjusting. We couldn't have asked for a better home for him, the home check went so well that I almost got out of there without crying!!! Sammy made himself at home right away by getting up on the easy chair and taking a nap as we talked to his new mommy. ::) Then he got up and apparently was thirsty, so he took it upon himself to have some water out of her glass!!! :o Luckily she thought that was hilarious, and since he made her laugh, he smothered her face in big Great Dane kisses! :D It was adorable and we were so happy to see them bonding already!

Nigel is depressed for sure, Leeloo keeps looking for her big handsome boyfriend, and I slept in late this morning because there were no howls coming from a certain someone downstairs who always liked to wake up at the crack of dawn!!! ;) :D

Here's one last picture of Sammy with his Dane friends at my house, then a pic of him relaxing during the interview with his new mom. ;D

Offline shangrila

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
Re: Samson the big merle Dane finally got adopted!
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2006, 08:17:31 pm »
Good job. I am sure he will always be thankful for having you in his life and hopefully he will love his new home :)
RIP former BPO

DakotaMom

« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2006, 08:26:41 pm »
Yeah Sammy!!!! You look cozy on your new chair.

MommyOfSchnauzers

« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2006, 08:48:11 pm »
He just looks "at home" there.  Good job Rebekah!

Offline Jessdryden

• Supreme Drooler
  • My girls
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2006, 09:02:17 pm »
Yay!  He does look happy in his new home. :)

Blair

« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2006, 11:20:38 pm »
Yeah that is great to hear!!!!! You are a great person for always helping dogs in need!! He does look very comfty in his new home :)

Kiahpyr

« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2006, 07:18:12 am »
YAY!!! I'm so happy for Samson!!

cricket36580

« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2006, 07:32:48 am »
Yea!!!!!  I'm so happy for him!!!  Success stories like this make everything else worthwhile!

EllieAndBlu

« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2006, 07:47:51 am »
This is fantastic news!
Yayyyyyy Sammy!

Offline Kermit

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2006, 11:27:06 am »
I just got an update from Sammy's new mom, she said he is doing great. :) And they start obedience classes in a few days! I am so happy for Sammy. We miss him so much and in fact Will is crying right now.
But we could not have asked for a better home for him. It's too bad she doesn't want a few more dogs, homes like that are hard to find! I know that Sammy will never lack for anything now. It's great feeling. Sampson deserves the best! I wish all of you could have met him... what an amazing dog.
 :)