Author Topic: What do you use to bathe the babies?  (Read 15976 times)

Offline -Molly-

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
Re: What do you use to bathe the babies?
« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2006, 02:55:39 am »
We use peppermint-oil soap on Cabeza.
Distance makes the heart grow fonder.

Offline Imani's Mom

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
    • My Chinchilla Page
« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2006, 04:48:07 am »
We have tried many different things on my monsters over the years.  With the crew I have now, they get muddy so often, we need something we can use frequently without harming them, so we are currently using Johnson's baby shampoo.    They smell awesome, but only for a few days, or until their next mudwrestling "event".  All three were bathed yesterday, as two had vet appointments, and the third had been playing in the mud for hours.  Their coats are so soft, shiny, and just beautiful today!  The vet even commented on how great our rescue, Jesse's coat looked after such a short time since coming to live with us.

Weedsport, NY

Offline sarnewfie

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
    • HarborWinds Newfoundlands and Stain Glass
« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2006, 12:48:16 am »
Spectrum LAbratories, the saflea shampoo is fabulous, i also use blue minx made by proline.
i do not like to always switch i will stick to what works.
i love these two and have no desire to try anything else.
the saflea kills fleas and leaves a fresh mentholy minty smell to their fur, and they are clean, squeeky clean
the blue minx is wonderful , pleasant smelling for several weeks in their fur and the black is black and the white is white white.
As a groomer i highly recommend a monthly bath with shampoo a professional recommends.
a newf needs to be done completly to keep coat maintenance properly maintained for healthy skin and coat.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2006, 06:04:53 am by sarnewfie »
Photography by Christine
http://harborwinds.fototime.com/PHOTOS FOR ORDERS

HarborWinds Newfoundlands&Search and Rescue
http://www.geocities.com/Petsburgh/Haven/4505

Offline hugo~monster

• Big Paw Certified
  • Giants- companion-protector-inspiration-friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 05, 2006, 12:21:16 pm »
When I was a groomer we used diluted dish soap as a prebath to get the grime off.  This also began working on any fleas the dog had.  We always rinsed and finished with a second or third bath using various doggy shampoos.  Always some type of tearless on the face though-no dish soap on the face.  It is too risky to use dish soap around the eyes-OUCHIE!!!  Nature's Choice has a great line of shampoos.  They make one called hypo-a that is great.  Also groomer's edge shampoo is fantastic.  They have a sulphur and coal tar shampoo called furst aid that is fantastic for deodorizing the dog and does a great job on skin problems (flea bites, irritations, etc). 

I am an assistant manager at a local chain pet store and have access to many different types of shampoos.  There is a brand called Kenic which has a great tea tree oil shampoo. 

~SHELLIE & HUGO~