Author Topic: Please can't we make it stop???  (Read 12208 times)

Gypsy Jazmine

Please can't we make it stop???
« on: July 19, 2006, 10:51:45 pm »
I inadvertantly came across this tonight...Jesu s help us all!!!!!!!!
www.whitedevil pitbulls.com

I am shocked & repulsed!...I wonder if contacting anyone will make a difference at all?
« Last Edit: July 20, 2006, 09:41:23 am by Gypsy Jazmine »

MommyOfSchnauzers

Re: Please can't we make it stop???
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2006, 10:54:42 pm »
link doesn't work for me

Offline Stacey

• Grand Master
  • Tonka
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2006, 01:12:10 am »
 :'(
That is terrible!  There is an actual link to information and stories on dog fights, it even lists the medications you will need for a dog fight!
I am speechless!
I am kind of a big deal!

Gypsy Jazmine

« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2006, 09:21:34 am »
& the coverpage says 'These are not Game bred dogs" & it claims they are used for pulling & then the next page has a whole section on fighting dogs...I can't believe these idiots are so arrogant! >:(

Nicole

« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2006, 09:26:44 am »
You guys have to click the "additional ooptions" thingy, and then check the box that says, "Don't use smileys". That's how you post links. Here ya go:

« Last Edit: July 20, 2006, 09:27:44 am by Nicole »

Gypsy Jazmine

« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2006, 09:42:21 am »
You guys have to click the "additional ooptions" thingy, and then check the box that says, "Don't use smileys". That's how you post links. Here ya go:

I fixed the link....Thanks Nicole!! :-*

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Never say Never to a pet in need
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2006, 03:04:49 pm »
You think that's bad?  Awhile ago, I was looking at some videos on youtube and came across an odd one.  I looked up the website listed at the end of the video and it brought up a website that just made me cringe.

It was a website for members of dogfighting rings.  Of course they didn't come out and say that, but you could certainly tell from the info they were posting on there and the videos and pix they had on there.  There were alot of members.  It made me sick to my stomach. 

Offline Newf Lover

• BPO Fanatic
  • Cool dog + Cold beer = Chilled Out
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ryanbrumley.com
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2006, 12:02:50 pm »
I sent a link to that website to the Marin Humane Society and the San Francisco SPCA.  I don't know if they can do anything, but it's the least I can do.  Maybe if everybody here on BPO did the same and sent this sickos website link to their local Humane Societies and SPCAs, something can be done.  I am so tired of seeing this sad cruel practice being promoted and tolerated by American society.  It is wrong, a crime against nature and needs to be stopped and those who promote it should be punished to the fullest extent of the law..... and then SOME!!!
My Newfoundland Lives My Life As Passionately As I Live His.

Offline navarre1316

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2006, 12:46:43 pm »
That's a great idea to send the link to the HS and the ASPCA!  I'm not politically savvy at all.  How do you find out how to get stiffer laws for people who do these kinds of things?  Some states are better than others.
God placed me on this earth to accomplish certain tasks...I'm so far behind I'll never die!!

Navarre: GSD 9/13/99-5/14/06 patiently waiting
Issabeaux: GSD 1/27/07
Daphne: Boxer
Stone: Siamese mix

Offline Newf Lover

• BPO Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2006, 03:09:36 pm »
That's a great idea to send the link to the HS and the ASPCA!  I'm not politically savvy at all.  How do you find out how to get stiffer laws for people who do these kinds of things?  Some states are better than others.

I would contact your local Humane Societies and SPCA locations to get more info. 

In case anybody is interested, I contacted a Minneapolis based SPCA group to look into this "breeder".  If anybody else would care to do the same,(the more people that contact them, the more apt they might be to look into this), the email address is:

investigations@animalhumanesociety.org 

Some of the links on that site are just weird.  They are "gaming dog" sites which seem to promote dog fighting, very anti PETA, animals are meat, we have rights, blah, blah, blah, but then they post belittling stories of people getting busted for illegal dog fights.  I'm not sure where their loyalty lies.  ??? Since dog fighting is illegal in most states, there is no such thing as legimate or official dog fights, right?  They act like it's some type of Gentleman's sport.  People are so messed up....
« Last Edit: July 21, 2006, 03:11:09 pm by Newf Lover »

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Cowboy is four years old and Chester is almost two
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2006, 05:28:40 pm »
Thanks, Ryan, for the link.  I just sent a note asking for an investigation as well.  Maybe if we all send just  a little gentle prodding note, something will happen!

Good is supposted to trimph over evil...and that's just evil!! :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

Offline Newf Lover

• BPO Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2006, 10:39:02 am »
I emailed the Minneapolis SPCA about this "breeder" and asked for their help and this is the response I got:

Hello,

The Investigations Dept. of the  Animal Humane Society in Golden Valley, Minnesota is aware of this website and has an open case file on this breeder.

Typically, due to the many mitigating circumstances, pitbull breeding/fighting cases are difficult and frustrating cases to work.  Internet involvement only
exacerbates an already complicated case.

I will continue to work on this case and the many others that are brought to our attention every year.

The Animal Humane Society in Golden Valley, Minnesota share and appreciate your concern for animal welfare.

Keith Streff
Director of Investigations
AHS Golden Valley/Coon Rapids
KStreff@AnimalHumaneSociety.org
763-489-2236 phone
763-489-2256 fax

So what does this mean?  In a nutshell, they can't do anything right now but they are aware of this breeder and are hopefully waiting for them to screw up.  Did anybody else get any responses?
« Last Edit: July 24, 2006, 10:40:44 am by Newf Lover »

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Cowboy is four years old and Chester is almost two
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2006, 10:50:22 am »
Nothing yet....

Gypsy Jazmine

« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2006, 10:56:15 am »
I've e-mailed them also & also haven't received a reply yet & I forgot to say ty for the link!

doggylover

« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2006, 11:02:19 am »
I sent them an email too.  I didn't visit the site, I'll take your word for it that it is bad.  I saw that HBO show on 'Dealing Dogs' and didn't sleep for a long time so I try not to view this stuff.