Author Topic: Can I just say I am annoyed???  (Read 4291 times)

Offline Softhug

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
Can I just say I am annoyed???
« on: July 25, 2006, 03:16:52 pm »
So the Mid-West Meet N' Greet is this weekend in Indiana and I am in Alabama...then the next So. Alabama get together is August 12th and I will be checking things out in Indiana before we move.  Therefore I miss BOTH! >:( :( >:(  Argh!!

<grobble...grob ble...grobble. ..b*tch and moan>
Can I get a hug?   :(
Jacquie-Undercover Princess
Tsu Ling-Chow Chow-RIP 5/08
Boudreaux-American Mastiff
Griffey-Pi55y, fat, yellow cat
Comrade-red/white Siberian Husky
"Lots of people talk to animals," said Pooh.
"Not that many listen though."
"That's the problem."

GR8DAME

Re: Can I just say I am annoyed???
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2006, 03:24:27 pm »
Softhug, the Midwest meet in greet is August18, 19, and 20, not this weekend, if that makes any difference to your ability to come. But I will still give you a <<cyberhug>>
Stella

Offline DixieSugarBear

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2006, 03:41:41 pm »
Softhugs maybe we can find a way for another South Alabama get together.
Lisa, owned by the following:
Sugar Bear - Great Pyrenees 4.5 yr.
Dixie Darlin - Great Pyrenees 4 yr.
Penny Lane - Great Pyrenees 2.5 yr.
Beauman - Great Pyrenees 14 months
Izzy - Great Pyrenees 14 month
Rosie - Great Pyrenees (at the bridge)

cricket36580

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2006, 08:50:15 pm »
Let us know when you're going to be here and we'll arrange an special one just for you.  May not be able to get everyone there but enough to make it memorable.

Offline Bella's mom

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2006, 09:52:39 pm »
Let us know when you're going to be here and we'll arrange an special one just for you.  May not be able to get everyone there but enough to make it memorable.

I've decided this week to go ahead and take Bella for a short trip there this weekend.  I plan to be at the dog beach Saturday afternoon (getting my own hair done that morning :)).  I hope to be there by about 2 or 3pm and maybe stay for a couple of hours (depending on how hot she gets).  If anyone wants to meet up, come on!
Tessie - Belladonna's and Mojo's Mom

Offline Softhug

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2006, 11:30:04 am »
Thanks for all the love!  ;D  For some cosmic reason it isn't supposed to work out.   :( 

The weekend of August 18-20 is Baby Zac's big 2.0 Birthday and I have Indiana family headed to Alabama for that. 

We will only be in Alabama thru the month of August then moving to Indiana.  So between trying to see the girls as much as possible before we leave, Zac's birthday, going to Indiana one weekend to get "ducks in a row" there, I just don't see a 4 hour drive (one-way trip) to the coast working-we can't afford being gone a whole weekend just before the move-both the time and fiscally.  (Not to mention DH is on two week rotations at work and will be on nights the weekend I go to IN and Zac's birthday weekend. ugh) 

I really hate it because I love the coast and have only gotten to go down once in the 4 years I have lived here in AL.  Not to mention, how cool would it have been to meet the kick a55 So. Alabama/Fla BPO group THEN get to become part of the amazing Mid-West BPO group?!?! 

I appreciate everyone being so accommodating, trying to meet or arrange another one just for me...or Boudreaux...wh atever!  ;) :-[  Just sucks that it didn't work out to meet my friends at the coast! <just pouting and whining>
« Last Edit: July 26, 2006, 11:33:52 am by Softhug »
"That's the problem."

Offline navarre1316

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2006, 11:44:28 am »
Everyone deserves a good pout every once in awhile!!  It sucks that you can't make either.  But at least once you get situated in IN you can go to more of theirs!!  I'm in a wedding on the 12th so I won't be able to make So. AL meet and greet.  How could you have only made it down to the coast once in 4 years????????  I know....habit, routine, commitments... ...but only ONCE!!!!  Just giving you a hard time, I know how hard it can be, I lived in Montgomery, Auburn and B'ham for awhile and I had to make it a point to take time to come down here.  Luckily I had friends to stay with.  Well, good luck on your move I hope you enjoy IN......Oh and ROLL TIDE!!!!! :D :P :D
God placed me on this earth to accomplish certain tasks...I'm so far behind I'll never die!!

Navarre: GSD 9/13/99-5/14/06 patiently waiting
Issabeaux: GSD 1/27/07
Daphne: Boxer
Stone: Siamese mix

Offline Softhug

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2006, 02:09:09 pm »
It doesn't help that my DH doesn't give two rips about the ocean.   :(  The one time I did make it to the coast, I was 8 months pregnant and without DH (was with "daughters" and sis-in-law and her kids).  How are you supposed to do keg stands at Lulu's when you are 8 months pregnant???

Now that we are moving it hit me that we didn't utilize the great stuff we had down here...New Orleans, the Gulf Coast, Atlanta, etc.

"That's the problem."