Author Topic: Ghost Great Dane  (Read 4083 times)

Offline dogcrazyforever

• Full Fledged Chewer
  • Beretta- 7 months
    • View Profile
Ghost Great Dane
« on: July 25, 2006, 11:16:28 pm »
I don't mean to sound strange to you all but I really need to get this story off my chest. I just hope, as dog lovers, you will be open minded to the story I am about to tell you.

When I was in second grade,  my family’s rescued great dane appeared to me. I was sitting in class, when I saw my great dane leap through the classroom window, breaking the glass. She and the flying glass were blurry and transparent(I could see the perfectly unharmed window through them.) While she was leaping I heard her (in the weirdest way,through my head I guess...) say “I will die so treat me well” and she was gone...just like that. She didn't seem sad... and the light was bright around her which actually gave a rather joyful feeling. What she said was very simple...the message clear. By her jumping through the window...it almost made me happy...becaus e she seemed in good health. (She usually had a limp that the vet said was 'old age'...she wouldn't normally be jumping anywhere.) When I got home, I ran straight away to my mom and asked if 'Baby' was alive (I expected her to already be dead) but my mom said she was fine. I told my mom what I saw but she didn’t believe me. She actually kind of laughed at what I said she said. A few weeks later, we found out she had bone cancer in her leg (the one the vet said was nothing) and it was incurable.  Like she had asked, we treated her as best as we possibly could before having her humanly put to sleep. I will always remember her and what she had said to me that day; even though I was young I understood the deeper meaning of it all. I can't say I'm a really spiritual person but I have no doubt that it was her spirit that came to me. I don't mean to make people think I am weird but my mom was the only person I ever told and she hardly listened so...I needed to share. Am I the only one with such an experience?
What Man Doesn't Understand
Man Fears
And What Man Fears
Man Destroys.

Stop B.S.L.

Gypsy Jazmine

Re: Ghost Great Dane
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2006, 11:45:05 pm »
No, you're not the only one...I had a guniea pig I fought to save & had to put down curl up in my hair like she always did when she was with us...An awesome peace washed over me & I felt joy to my toes!...It was about a week after she left us & I was eating dinner with my family...My husband saw the look on my face & asked what was happening because he knew something was going on he wasn't in touch with...I told him Applesauce was o.k. & still with us & told him what I felt...He saw me & the look that came over me & never doubted what I felt & said.
I also think that young children are tuned into something that we, as adults, have learned to block out so as not to be laughed at or doubted...As children we have "imaginary friends" & are told they don't exist...We "hear" our animal friends talk to us & if we tell an adult we hear, "that's nice sweetie...will you please go clean your room now"...So we learn what is real to us isn't acceptable.
Ty for sharing with us. :)
« Last Edit: July 25, 2006, 11:46:26 pm by Gypsy Jazmine »

Offline dogcrazyforever

• Full Fledged Chewer
  • Beretta- 7 months
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2006, 11:52:03 pm »
Well I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one! Thanks also for sharing!
Man Fears
And What Man Fears
Man Destroys.

Stop B.S.L.

GR8DAME

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2006, 07:27:04 am »
Late at night after everyone is in bed and all my current furkids are accounted for I occaisionally hear my first doberman making his rounds. He would routinely check the front door,the back door and each of the bedrooms before settling in my room with a very distinctive moan/sigh when he layed down. When I have looked, there has never been any dog on the floor in my room, living or dead, but it leaves me with an incredible feeling of peace and "rightness". It was a nightly occurance when he was alive, and still happens every couple of months. Guess I am as strange as you two, LOL.
Stella

EllieAndBlu

« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2006, 08:48:37 am »
I haven't experienced any "visitings" as my first furkid is still with me (he is 8 1/2 years old).... but I find these stories comforting and hope my pups will visit me after they've passed. Thanks for sharing.

Offline NoDogNow

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2006, 10:07:44 am »
Nicki's been around me, ever since she went to the Bridge. Sometimes it's just quiet things like hearing her walk thru my apartments, but I have at least a half dozen examples of places I didn't go or people I didn't hang out with because I heard her barking a warning, then finding out later that something bad happened. I'd have unquestionably been dead in a drunk driving situation when I was 15, for example.  And there've been a couple of times that I've been certain that an animal was about to attack me, only to have it suddenly tuck its tail and run. I know it was because Nicki was there protecting me. 

When my thyroid cancer was diagonosed, I felt her around me almost constantly.  I totally expected to open a door or turn a corner and see her there. Not in a scary way at all--it was very comforting and I felt very watched over, and it made me sure I was going to be just fine--which I totally am.  And when they removed the tumor, the nurse commented that she had needed to put a pillow under my arm, because I kept trying to hold it up, and that I had kept petting the pillow until well after they brought me to my room.  Well, I know perfectly well it wasn't a pillow--it was my Nicki, watching me. :)
Sheryl, Dogless and sad

Offline dogcrazyforever

• Full Fledged Chewer
  • Beretta- 7 months
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2006, 10:42:14 am »
I LOVE hearing these types of stories! Thanks for sharing everyone!
Man Fears
And What Man Fears
Man Destroys.

Stop B.S.L.

Offline Softhug

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2006, 03:31:12 am »
These are such great comforting stories.  Thanks all for sharing!
Jacquie-Undercover Princess
Tsu Ling-Chow Chow-RIP 5/08
Boudreaux-American Mastiff
Griffey-Pi55y, fat, yellow cat
Comrade-red/white Siberian Husky
"Lots of people talk to animals," said Pooh.
"Not that many listen though."
"That's the problem."

Offline Danegirl2208

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2006, 12:56:17 am »
wow, i also like hearing these and yes ive had similar experiences..i ve honestly only shared this with a few people, most think i am "seeing things", but i know what i saw that night and what i still see today..

I see my old cat Kobe, He past away in 04... The first time i saw him i almost broke out in tears, it gave me a sence of peace..i was in the bathroom and i came out and slowly looked up and i saw him lying on my bed looking up at me it was just a split of a second but it really toched me..since then see him every now and then usually turning a corner into one of the rooms or in the bathroom tub (which was his favorite place to nap and play)