Author Topic: stupid STUPID people.  (Read 7918 times)

GR8DAME

stupid STUPID people.
« on: July 27, 2006, 08:37:55 am »
This is a rant, make no mistake. I am sitting at work, high class lawyer/lobbiest's office, K?
And I see a couple of the hoity-toity, got more money than God clients get out of their SUV, and come in for a meeting. I get them in the conference room, Their attorney comes in and closes the door. As I return to my desk I glance out the window and see the clients have left their golden in the truck, with the window down, maybe an inch or so. It is 90 degrees here, and this dog is trapped in a BLACK SUV, and these meetings can go on for hours!!!
I knocked on the door and said to the lady "Gosh, I see your dog in the car, would you like to bring him in, I will  dog sit for you." 
"Oh no,"Says she, "He will be fine."
"Really, "I said, ready to cry and/or deck her "I don't mind a bit, I love dogs and hate to see him out in this heat when it is so nice and cool in here."
"No, he is is used to the heat, but thanks anyway."

The next call I made was to the police department, where I reported her. When the police came the officer was super cool, and agreed to not mention me as the complaintant, so I get to keep my job. He issued several tickets to the idiot woman. The meeting ended way early and they rescheduled for when the woman could leave the dog at home. She was all Hahahaha isn't this a funny thing to happen.
GGGRRRRRRR A 10 minute lecture from the police and tickets couldn't even penitrate her thick skull that it was a dangerous thing to do?????
I hate people.

Offline Softhug

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
Re: stupid STUPID people.
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2006, 08:47:47 am »
Ugh, Idiot! 

I am just glad you were there to help out this one dog, this one time.  Kudos to Stella!!!!  <wwwoooo whoooo!!  whistle...stom p>
Jacquie-Undercover Princess
Tsu Ling-Chow Chow-RIP 5/08
Boudreaux-American Mastiff
Griffey-Pi55y, fat, yellow cat
Comrade-red/white Siberian Husky
"Lots of people talk to animals," said Pooh.
"Not that many listen though."
"That's the problem."

EllieAndBlu

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2006, 08:48:49 am »
Perhaps she would like to be locked in a hot car - for several hours!

Way to take care of that pup, Stella - because it is obvious it's "mama" isn't!

I applaud you!

doggylover

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2006, 08:50:57 am »
ROFL money don't mean brains!  Hahahahahahaha she didn't figure out you were the one who called after you told her you were a dog lover and you hated to see the dog out in the heat?  Can I please have her name and number?  I have some authentic dinosour poo from the Jurassic period to sell her. 

Offline navarre1316

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2006, 08:53:33 am »
Three cheers for Stella!!! :D :D :D  It's a good thing you were there.  She probably thinks the reason he'll lay around and do absolutely nothing doesn't have a thing to do with the fact that he's been in a hot car!!  I work at a law office too, got to love the hoity-toities!! :-\
God placed me on this earth to accomplish certain tasks...I'm so far behind I'll never die!!

Navarre: GSD 9/13/99-5/14/06 patiently waiting
Issabeaux: GSD 1/27/07
Daphne: Boxer
Stone: Siamese mix

Offline NoDogNow

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2006, 08:53:47 am »
Do you have the idiot's address on file somewhere? 

One of us needs to go save that dog from her.

Sheryl, Dogless and sad

GR8DAME

« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2006, 09:03:33 am »
ROFL money don't mean brains!  Hahahahahahaha she didn't figure out you were the one who called after you told her you were a dog lover and you hated to see the dog out in the heat?  Can I please have her name and number?  I have some authentic dinosour poo from the Jurassic period to sell her. 

No kidding! Even her lawyer (one of my bosses) gave me one of those, "I don't want to know, I won't ask you and you don't tell me" looks as the officer was writing her tickets.
Thge officer did cover me pretty well, he said that they got a complaint from a cell phone from someone driving by, and all I did was admit that the owner of the car was here in this building.
Gotta love those boys in blue!
Stella

doggylover

« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2006, 09:07:44 am »

No kidding! Even her lawyer (one of my bosses) gave me one of those, "I don't want to know, I won't ask you and you don't tell me" looks as the officer was writing her tickets.
Thge officer did cover me pretty well, he said that they got a complaint from a cell phone from someone driving by, and all I did was admit that the owner of the car was here in this building.
Gotta love those boys in blue!
Stella
LOLOL Stella that is soooo cool.  I'm glad you saved the dog this one time.  I saw somewhere that a can, in 90 degree heat, EVEN with the windows down, can get to something like 120 in a matter of a few minutes.  Someone ought to make her sit in her car in the parking lot for hours with the window cracked. 

Kiahpyr

« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2006, 09:25:58 am »
Way to go Stella! I reported someone who left their dog in the back seat of their little two door car. The windows were down, but the dog couldn't even get to them. GRRR!! All we can hope is that these people learn a lesson, but probably not!!!!! >:(

Offline Softhug

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2006, 09:33:52 am »
I saw somewhere that there were cards or flyers that you could put on a car that had a dog left in it that told how fast a car heats up and what can happen to a dog (and how quickly) if it is left in the car. 

I need to look online and see if I can find it. 
Jacquie-Undercover Princess
Tsu Ling-Chow Chow-RIP 5/08
Boudreaux-American Mastiff
Griffey-Pi55y, fat, yellow cat
Comrade-red/white Siberian Husky
"Lots of people talk to animals," said Pooh.
"Not that many listen though."
"That's the problem."

Offline galaxybears

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
    • chins n newfs
« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2006, 10:04:35 am »
Good for you!! I would have done the same thing myself ;). If there is one thing I cannot stand it is people leaving their dogs in cars, even when the weather is warm and not hot.

In my dog newspaper (Dog World) that came today, they had an ariticle in about some idiots who left their two Newfoundlands and Springer Spaniel in their car while they spent 3 hours in a garden centre >:(. The weather over here has been in the 90's, so not surprisingly when they got back to the car one Newf was dead and the other was in a terrible state. I just hope the RSPCA throws the book at them.

People who do this to their dogs should be shut in a car with just a glass of water for a few hours, see how they feel. Oh and they should be made to wear a fur coat as well.

It makes me so angry I could use some foul language!! >:(
Shelley
Mum to Molly, Honey and Kitten
RIP my darling Bronte

Gypsy Jazmine

« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2006, 10:25:24 am »
Good going Stella!...When I see a dog left in a car on days that are too warm I stay & wait making sure the dogs is o.k. & also I chew the owner out...I just had the dogs out for a ride with the windows down & the a/c on high. (Pippin likes to stick his head out the window & slobber on the door. :D) I really really wanted an iced tea but that meant either leaving the dogs in the truck with the windows only partially down or leaving the engine running with the a/c on for Sam to  possibly knock the truck into gear (he steals my seat almost everytime I get out) while I ran in for a cold drink....& I was only going to grab a drink at the convienence store!!...Neither option settled well with me  so I drove the dogs home & went back for my iced tea & this idiot leaves her dog while she goes into a meeeting????...What a freakin' ignorant excuse for a human!!! >:( >:( >:(

Offline 2dogmom

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2006, 10:53:38 am »
OMG!!! I was really pissed off reading that! I would call animal control around there and report it as abuse!!!! What a f***ing idiot!

Offline cosmosmama

• Big Paw Certified
  • Handsome Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2006, 11:15:08 am »
Way to go Stella!!  I am so concerned about Cosmo coming home with me tomorrow I asked a friend to take a day off of work and fly, then drive with me.  Stella, you are the hero to man and fur people around the world!!
Krista, Cosmo (Goofus), Sadie (THE BOSS) and Sammie (Sweet Boy)
What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
                                                Oliver Wendell Holmes

Offline shangrila

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2006, 02:37:23 pm »
Way to go reporting that evil lady!

I absolutely HATE when people leave their dogs in the car on hot days.  >:(
RIP former BPO