Author Topic: Greta: Great Protector of the Garden!  (Read 3129 times)

Offline moonlitcroatia

• BPO Guru
  • Betti Boo March 2008
    • View Profile
    • Greta's Page
Greta: Great Protector of the Garden!
« on: June 10, 2005, 12:53:08 pm »
Greta has to have a job!  Right now her place is to protect the garden, but only when we allow her to go in there and lie down nicely.  Then, she is responsible to grumble at Betti and Lou who romp around on the other side of the fence.  She thinks this is quite a bit of work, especially for one who is arthritic and considered an old timer.  Don't tell her I said that!

After all, if she is going to enjoy some of that butter lettuce and beans, then she needs to do her chores, too!

:)
I think dogs are the most amazing creatures; they give unconditional love.  For me they are the role model for being alive.  ~Gilda Radner

Offline moonlitcroatia

• BPO Guru
  • Betti Boo March 2008
    • View Profile
    • Greta's Page
Re: Greta: Great Protector of the Garden!
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2005, 12:55:00 pm »
She would be even more upset if she saw "this" photo.  She looks much younger in a wig and bustier!
I think dogs are the most amazing creatures; they give unconditional love.  For me they are the role model for being alive.  ~Gilda Radner

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2005, 12:55:21 pm »
She is Queen of the Tilt a Head pose!

Offline moonlitcroatia

• BPO Guru
  • Betti Boo March 2008
    • View Profile
    • Greta's Page
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2005, 12:58:34 pm »
She is Queen of the Tilt a Head pose!

I think we were talking about catching a fish!  She finds that, and camping, beach, bedroom, dinner, breakfast, go, car, Where is...?, walk, park, drive, treat, meow, kitty, etc. to be the "tilt-head" vocabulary.

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2005, 12:59:58 pm »
Ohhhh!  kitty.  Instinctively the key word to get a dog's attention...ev en mine who have never met a kitty know that word. 

Offline moonlitcroatia

• BPO Guru
  • Betti Boo March 2008
    • View Profile
    • Greta's Page
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2005, 01:01:15 pm »
Ohhhh!  kitty.  Instinctively the key word to get a dog's attention...ev en mine who have never met a kitty know that word.  

Isn't that interesting?  Greta likes babies, too.  She's wild about them!

Offline GrumpyBunny

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2005, 01:02:18 pm »
Moonlit - that is a beautiful new picture of you and doggy!

Marsi
*Founder of the Official Suspicious Chicken Fan Club*

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2005, 01:04:13 pm »
Lady and Grace are real sensitive to funny lip smacking and buzzing noises.  They like surbit noises and tongue blow noises and kiss sounds, Fart sounds, all kinds of nutsy sounds.  It inspires them to jump up and mull a person with full wet kisses right on the mouth.  :)

Offline moonlitcroatia

• BPO Guru
  • Betti Boo March 2008
    • View Profile
    • Greta's Page
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2005, 01:06:55 pm »
Moonlit - that is a beautiful new picture of you and doggy!

Marsi

Thank you so much, Marsi!  At first, I wasn't sure if I should post it, but then I liked the idea of "personalizing" the profile.  I enjoy the avatars with photos of dog and human both and do feel that sense of familiarity and it is also easier to not forget whom I am reading, too.  But, for those who only post their dogs, like you, I still love the photo just as much.  It's been a very long time since I've had my photo taken with Greta.  I thought it was about time.  Alas!  I can see, for the first time, that I am aging.  To appease myself I remember we all go through that!  ;)

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2005, 01:08:30 pm »
You can't be more than 28.   :P