Author Topic: big dogs....big mess??  (Read 2197 times)

Offline Lesli310

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
big dogs....big mess??
« on: July 29, 2006, 11:33:24 am »
hello everyone I know I haven't been on in a while but I really need you help. A friend of mine just gave me a dane today like 30 min ago. She's not as submissive as I had hoped she'd be and so far the only dog I have introduced her to is Tank ( my very submissive 5 month old puppy Dane) They are find kinda. Neither had growled Tank has laid down at her feet with his tale tucked, she is standing with ears up kinda standing over him but still with her tale tucked. Not real agressive but I dont know how Toester and Hershie will react. Whats the best way to get everyone together. Toester is my dom female Dane shes 2, Hershie's the dom male he's 4 but still under Toester, Tank is male 5 month old Dane, Precious is 2 she's a Pom and the new comer is Nonnie she's a 14 month old Dane. HELP

doggylover

Re: big dogs....big mess??
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2006, 01:30:42 pm »
bump

SA_horses

Re: big dogs....big mess??
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2006, 02:27:03 pm »
I don't have much to say, although there is one article I can think of right off.

The author's suggestions are overkill for the average dog I think.  He has German Shepherds bred specifically for police-type work, so that may well have a lot to do with it.  However, his method of introductions does play it very safe and takes no chances.

If you are interested: http://www.leerburg.com/introducingdogs.htm

Maybe you can glean something useful from it.  I personally don't have much experience here, and none of it would be applicable to your situation.

Hoping this helps,
Sofia