Author Topic: I'm a big girl now.  (Read 1839 times)

lins_saving_grace

I'm a big girl now.
« on: June 13, 2005, 12:32:19 pm »
Grace is getting so big...and more ornry by the day.

Offline moonlitcroatia

• BPO Guru
  • Betti Boo March 2008
    • View Profile
    • Greta's Page
Re: I'm a big girl now.
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2005, 09:15:33 pm »
Grace definitely looks like she's getting bigger.  I can see the difference.  But, the amazing thing is...look at those paws she has!  She is going to be a big girl, isn't she?  I guess that is not always a good way to tell, but we can always hope they will grow into their feet.  Greta's feet are kind of "dainty", even though she is so tall.  Betti's are a little plump...and so cute.  Little Frito feet...

I love the look on Grace's face as she just lies there looking at the camera.  She looks very full of herself in a way.   :)

I also like the photo where she is sprawled out on the floor...You must have a lot of fun playing with them.
I think dogs are the most amazing creatures; they give unconditional love.  For me they are the role model for being alive.  ~Gilda Radner

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2005, 07:34:02 am »
They are a joy...most of the time.  They have their moments.  But you're right. I hadn't thought of that but Gracey is full of herself.  She is all that.  She gets so worn out sometimes that she frogs it or just rolls over like a turtle and passes out. 
Her feet are gigantic.  The breeder breeds for show so the puppies aren't supposed to be real big...but I think she's going to be as big as Lady.  :)
So, is Greta still "dainty"?

Offline moonlitcroatia

• BPO Guru
  • Betti Boo March 2008
    • View Profile
    • Greta's Page
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2005, 07:36:45 pm »
Greta is not so much dainty, as she is fragile.  She does have small feet, but she is considered "oversized", because she is tall and lankier.  I think this slender physique may have contributed to her joint problems.  Unlike Gracey, Lady and Betti, Greta has NEVER been able to assume the frog position.  All of her life she has been stiff and her joints snap and grind.  Poor old girl.  We are always afraid she will hurt herself when she plays.  Most of her life she's had a limp.  Once her hip healed from the surgery to implant a pin to stabilize it, she tore the cruciate ligament in her opposite hind knee.  We opted to not have the surgery performed for that, because of the hardship of going through ANOTHER treatment involving anesthesia, which would increase her chances of dying from heart failure.

Betti, on the other hand, is shorter and muscular.  She hops around like a little flea and sprawls out like a basking frog.

I think it is better for the rottweilers, as a breed, to be shorter and stockier, more muscular, etc. and with proper weight to prevent the bone/growth issues.  That is why it is silly when people attempt to breed them to be so huge deliberately.  But, then again, we humans with our eugenics are always asking for trouble in the "genetic engineering" department.
I think dogs are the most amazing creatures; they give unconditional love.  For me they are the role model for being alive.  ~Gilda Radner