Author Topic: AKC papers???  (Read 2443 times)

Offline Annabelle

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
AKC papers???
« on: August 07, 2006, 04:30:21 am »
OK, here's how it is....the breeder only signed his signature and left everything else blank.  this pup was actually sold to another person by breeder and in short buyer was unable to keep pup.  I buy pup from them and have papers, what do I do now?  pup has NOT been registered yet.  so I don't think it's like a transfer officially on paper anyway.  Do i fill in my name and address?  do breeders every leave this blank and just let buyer fill rest in?  The original owner gave me all paperwork and told me to have her registered, b/c they didn't not have time d/t only having her very short period of time b/f they decided not to keep her.  other question does a breeder turn in list of original buyers names of the litter as litter mates are purchased.  don't want to go about any thing in wrong way.  so any help/info is welcome. 
thanks in advance.

Offline tanimara

• Big Paw Certified
  • Tanimara's Spirit Warrior "Warrior"
    • View Profile
    • Tanimara Great Pyrenees
Re: AKC papers???
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2006, 04:44:45 am »
Breeders are required to keep complete and accurate records of where and whom their pups went to.  The only time AKC would see it however is if they went to the kennel to check them for violations of AKC requirements.  I've been breeding Pyrs for 20 years. They have never been to see my paperwork.

Just fill out the papers per instructions that are with them and send it in with your check.

Jackie
Jackie Wood
Owner/Breeder Tanimara Great Pyrenees

"A people without a history is like wind on the buffalo grass"
Crazy Horse - Oglala Sioux

Gypsy Jazmine

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2006, 04:47:38 am »
You're good to go...We have the same thing with our new Pyr Sheba...She came with papers but was never registered so we just need to fill out the paperwork & send it in with the check...What name are you going to register under...Choosi ng the fancy AKC name is fun imo. ;D

Offline Annabelle

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2006, 05:04:07 am »
thanks guys!  i just didn't want to go about it wrong or be in the wrong!  I feel better now.
As for name not sure yet....maybe
Eddy'sFlamingAnnabe lle
want to use sire and dam's name w/ her name as well.
what u think?

Offline MagicM3

• Paw-meister
  • *Sir William
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2006, 03:54:58 pm »
I LOVE that name !!!!!!!!!!WHERE ARE THE PICS????????????We want PICS 

PLEASE  xxx'ooo's

Offline DixieSugarBear

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2006, 02:28:18 am »
Great name.
Lisa, owned by the following:
Sugar Bear - Great Pyrenees 4.5 yr.
Dixie Darlin - Great Pyrenees 4 yr.
Penny Lane - Great Pyrenees 2.5 yr.
Beauman - Great Pyrenees 14 months
Izzy - Great Pyrenees 14 month
Rosie - Great Pyrenees (at the bridge)

Gypsy Jazmine

« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2006, 02:37:40 am »
thanks guys!  i just didn't want to go about it wrong or be in the wrong!  I feel better now.
As for name not sure yet....maybe
Eddy'sFlamingAnnabe lle
want to use sire and dam's name w/ her name as well.
what u think?
What are her sire's & dam's names?...We LOVE to think up the AKC names here at BPO!...If you are still undecided start a new thread & ask us to help...I am sure we can help you come up with something! ;D