Author Topic: I Just Bit My Tongue...  (Read 4471 times)

Offline Softhug

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
I Just Bit My Tongue...
« on: August 07, 2006, 07:49:33 am »
So my mother-in-law (gotta love when a gripe starts out like that...) who has bred poodles and is an animal lover, rescued 2 little white moppy dogs(lasa's maybe, I forget) from a breeder that had 80 dogs in cages in her house maybe a month ago.  Yay for her...but that is the only yay she gets.  >:( 

We got together for a going away party yesterday and on her way to the party she stopped off at WalMart for two grocery items. Seems that the animal police came and had her paged at Wally World as SHE LEFT THE DOGS IN THEIR CRATES IN THE CAR!  What the #$%^? (insert any 4-letter word of your choice)  Granted she had the A/C on prior to going in, but turned the car off and kept the windows up to hold the air in.  She has a new car so she could have taken off the little fob that will lock/unlock the car and left it running, but locked~oh no, that would be too easy.  Seems someone reported the dogs being in a closed car-good for them.  She was PI55ED!  <I have to giggle a little> The car was still cool inside but that isn't the point.  Any passer-by has NO idea how long the pooches have been in the closed car, how hot the car is inside (it was about 100 outside-and we know how much a car can heat up in <15 minutes).  I don't give a RIP that she was only going in for 2 items.   >:( >:( >:(  Did I mention that she, my FIL, DH and myself were just talking about people leaving their kids/pets in closed cars 3 DAYS AGO?!?! Sometimes I just want to flick her in the forehead!  She said to her daughter, "This is YOUR fault for telling me to stop and get the two things".  Daughter and my DH both responded that had she gotten taken to jail that they wouldn't have bailed her out as they were always told growing up that if they got put in jail, they would sit.  I can't believe she didn't get a ticket!!  I guess since she showed the car was still cool?  No idea. 

I asked her if the car was left running.  She said, "No, but it was cool and I was only getting two things!"  I just responded with an "oh", bit my tongue and went about my business.  She was none to happy that no one felt bad or stood up for her.  Whatever.  Poor Mother-in-Law... >:(
« Last Edit: August 07, 2006, 01:12:14 pm by Softhug »
Jacquie-Undercover Princess
Tsu Ling-Chow Chow-RIP 5/08
Boudreaux-American Mastiff
Griffey-Pi55y, fat, yellow cat
Comrade-red/white Siberian Husky
"Lots of people talk to animals," said Pooh.
"Not that many listen though."
"That's the problem."

Offline greek4

• Majestic Member
  • Kole with Maia, Baxter, Rocco, and Cody
    • View Profile
Re: I Just Bit My Tongue...
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2006, 08:57:26 am »
That cracks me up.  I don't have a mother in law and have yet to have one so I just can't wait.
Thanks,

Emily and 1 husband, 1 boy, 1 on the way, and 4 crazy dogs

Offline Winslow 151

• Paw-meister
  • Winslow at 6 Months
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2006, 09:02:14 am »
Hi,

I just ordered one of those solar powered auto cool things you see on TV. It has been on Backorder for 3 weeks and they say it is supposed to ship this week. I bet I get it in December.

https://www.autocooltv.com/ppc/index.asp?id=&refcode=ppcG

It was $15.00 bucks so I'll let you know, when I get it, if it does any good!!
Happy Tails to All
Winslow's Dad

Offline BellaRoosMom

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2006, 10:18:43 am »
Softhug..."Sometimes I just want to flick her in the forehead!"  That's the best dang visual I've had in a long, l o n g, l  o  n  g,  time!!!!!  Thanks!   ;D :D ;D ;)

Offline Softhug

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2006, 01:13:08 pm »
Hi,

I just ordered one of those solar powered auto cool things you see on TV. It has been on Backorder for 3 weeks and they say it is supposed to ship this week. I bet I get it in December.

https://www.autocooltv.com/ppc/index.asp?id=&refcode=ppcG

It was $15.00 bucks so I'll let you know, when I get it, if it does any good!!
Do let me know, I wondered about those!  Love to hear if they really work or if our 100+ weather is too much for them.
"That's the problem."

Offline Softhug

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2006, 01:14:21 pm »
Softhug..."Sometimes I just want to flick her in the forehead!"  That's the best dang visual I've had in a long, l o n g, l  o  n  g,  time!!!!!  Thanks!   ;D :D ;D ;)

What is better is to imagine the look on her face if I actually DID it!   :D :D :D
"That's the problem."

Offline Winslow 151

• Paw-meister
  • Winslow at 6 Months
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2006, 01:27:00 am »
Hi,

I will let you know. I am thinking of it more to just keep the vehicle cool for once we return from an outing so Winslow doesn't have to climb into a 100+ truck and wait for it to cool down.

Even if the fan works great I still don't think it is wise to leave a pupper in the car unattended for any amount of time.
Happy Tails to All
Winslow's Dad

Offline Softhug

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2006, 01:46:16 am »
Hi,

I will let you know. I am thinking of it more to just keep the vehicle cool for once we return from an outing so Winslow doesn't have to climb into a 100+ truck and wait for it to cool down.

Even if the fan works great I still don't think it is wise to leave a pupper in the car unattended for any amount of time.
Oh my gosh, heck no!  I would have done the same thing and called the police had I seen dogs in a closed car. 

I just don't know if those little fans can keep up with intense heat, so it will be interesting to hear once you get yours.  The commercial shows one car at 75 (with the fan) and the other car at, what, 120(without fan)?  It doesn't take very high temps to raise the inside of a car to 120, so I am wondering with the 100+ temps we all seem to be having how effective the fan will be.  I do know, that if you have 6" shaded strip across the top of your windshield it lowers the inside temp of your car like 20% when it is closed up.  (I had a roommate that was an engineer for Ford and high temp. tested vehicles across the south during the summer months.) Just an FYI.   
"That's the problem."

Offline brandon

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
    • HaveParrotWillTravel.com
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2006, 02:18:26 am »
I don't know, I guess I am a bad owner, but I do this all the time.  I set the A/C to blizzard before getting to where I will stop at.  It's usually to run in to get me a soda and the pups a water at a convenience store.  By the time I come back to the vehicle, it is still very cold inside, and this is in the summer in Alabama. 
I wouldn't put them through anything I wouldn't be willing to endure myself, I guess I don't see the big deal.  Unless I die  at the checkout counter the dogs aren't in any danger or even uncomfortable.
“Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.â€

Offline brandon

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
    • HaveParrotWillTravel.com
« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2006, 02:21:03 am »
Oh Winslow, I had a couple of those fans, they looked a little different, an older model I guess, but they really did seem to help. I didn't get them for a dog, just so the car would be more comfortable. 
 My problem with them was it was a pain to put them in the window, Not the fan part itself, but the little plastic trim pieces that go on the side of it and seal the window, but like I said these were an older model.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2006, 02:29:28 am by brandon »
“Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.â€