Author Topic: California Natural is a NO go. :(  (Read 7250 times)

Offline Saint and Mal mom

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
Re: California Natural is a NO go. :(
« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2006, 03:19:58 pm »
Sorry all your big paws are having such booty blowout problems! I hope everyone feels better soon. Sorry I don't have any advice, but I do hope the doggies all feel well soon!
Marissa

Zoey- Alaskan Malamute, 4 years
Dolly, CGC- Saint Bernard, 4 years
Foster mom to Clarence- Basset Hound, 5 years

"To be loved by...any animal should fill us with awe-for we have not deserved it."

Lyn

« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2006, 03:36:37 pm »
I thought you were thinking about switching to a home cooked diet ???

With Bubba losing that much weight I had to go with what works for him right now. I had posted that thread before we weighed him. I still am going to look into it though. I should be able to make a home cooked fish based diet. But I'm not rushing into it after this last episode of 'booty blowout'. This was by far the worst one, and we have had some pretty bad ones previously. I didn't think they could get any worse and I was so wrong. :(

I am NO longer rotating through kibbles though, I learned my lesson..

lshelley21, I recently started giving Bubba and Lola  probiotics (sp) I also looked for a digestive aid but the food stores here are small stores and they didn't have anything. :-\ I have a free coupon for EP's holisic Transitions but I can't find it here either. LOL

Ooops edit forgot to add.. Anakalia, Healthwise was actually my first choice because of the oatmeal. Bubba does awesome on oatmeal, but noone stocked it so I settled on the CN since it was easier to locate.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2006, 03:42:43 pm by Lyn »

Offline Miranda

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 08, 2006, 04:40:47 pm »
I think I figured out why Kingsley's been having the runs. I checked our water filter after reading this, and it needed a new filter...prett y badly, too. So I'm going to get a new filter tomorrow and hopefully it'll work!
If you think dogs can't count, try putting three dog biscuits in your pocket and then giving Fido only two of them.  ~Phil Pastoret

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Cowboy is four years old and Chester is almost two
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2006, 02:34:47 am »
Hey Lym,
Just checking to see how he's doing now....has the booty-blowout stopped?

Lyn

« Reply #19 on: August 09, 2006, 03:38:26 am »
Liz, How much is the EP where you shop? I have a feeling that the shipping isn't going to be that cheap though. :-\ I'd save on the cost of the food, but end up paying it back in shipping. It's too bad you weren't closer to me.. I would just tag along when you went doggy food shopping. ;) If you want to check into the shipping though my postal code is N0E-1Y0.

Newflvr, Yes the booty blowout has stopped. YAY! Firm poop this morning. And I did a cold turkey switch yesterday. BUT I'm still seeing little specks of blood in his poop. If that doesn't stop by tomorrow then I'll take Bubba back into the vet. He may just let me bring in a stool sample.. that would be easier since Bubba turns into a wildman in the vet's office. :-[