Author Topic: My first Rant...  (Read 14171 times)

Offline lshelley21

• Big Paw Certified
  • Jazmine 7 months old
    • View Profile
My first Rant...
« on: August 11, 2006, 06:32:29 am »
ok..so my little girl jaz has now officially learned how to chew on shoes, and the worst part is it wasn't by her own self-discovery. My sisters, bf taught her how to chew on shoes. I came home to 3 sets of shoes chewed...oddly enough only the right foot...but still.....then he also showed her how to chew a remote control for the TV. So Needless to say.... its in the trash as well.  This guy basically manhandles my dog, you tell him to stop and he keeps going 10 fold. I HATE HIM. I know that you all probaly don't care to hear all of this, but in my family no one else owns a dog and they think that is what all dogs do.  BUt the part that irks me the most.....HE STARTED IT ALL!!!  So once i told him what happened and said please don't show her nor let her chew on anything, he gives her my shoe that she chewed, and she went to grab it ...and at no fault of her own (his fault) i had to correct her and kick him out.  When he comes over or when i see him, Jazmines eye BULDGE out of her head .... like NNNOOOOO please mom not him!!!  I dont know what to do, i have been nice to this guy, but not much longer. Last night Jaz was chewing nicely on one of her bones and what does he do????? Guess.... well you are right, he gave her my other new remote to chew on.... So what,,, now when he comes over i have to hide the dog? Now where can i hide a 105 lb great dane>? Under my bed...no....in my bedroom.... hmm chewy galore in there.... i dont get it..... he thinks he knows it all when it comes to dog. The thing is i train dog for service training (wheelchair helpers), as well as pet dogs. And he is telling me how how to raise my dog.   A little graphic here... he told me he grabbed his male dogs *wooo who**** because it was sticking out. He did it to  punsh his dog. I hate him and want him gone......
Lauren, Jazmine (great dane)
Jazmine's pets:
Calvin (ferret)
Willy (ferret)
Samantha (ferret)
Baxter (ferret)
Ferrets friends:
Shirly and baldamore (geckos)
Gecko's friend:
Big D (fish)

Oh yeah.. my pet.. Matt (hubby)
Our pets are all above

Offline horsepoor21

• BPO Fanatic
    • View Profile
Re: My first Rant...
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2006, 06:35:23 am »
Do you have your own place or do you live with your sis ?
-Amy
Moose-Border Collie/Newfoundland rescue
Allie-Newfoundland
Spook-Newfoundland
Whiskey-Arabian
Wolverine-Cockatiel
Polly&Rainbow-Lovebirds (with 3 babies!)
Crush-Painted Turtle

"Every boy should have two things:
 A dog, and a mother willing to let him have one"

Offline lshelley21

• Big Paw Certified
  • Jazmine 7 months old
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2006, 06:37:58 am »
Place of my own.. but it is everytime i see her... she lives the next road down from me... we live in condo complex....and he is always with her. She even tells him to stop..... Can i put an electronic collar on him??????
Jazmine's pets:
Calvin (ferret)
Willy (ferret)
Samantha (ferret)
Baxter (ferret)
Ferrets friends:
Gecko's friend:
Big D (fish)

Our pets are all above

Offline zanie

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2006, 06:39:58 am »
 >:( >:( >:(

What a JERK!!!  Is there a way to keep him from coming over?  Do you live with your sister?  Maybe you need to address this with her.

and why on earth would you want to introduce a bad habit to a dog?  That astounds me! 

If your sister won't do anything about him, I would suggest telling him that he is not allowed to interact with your dog unless you are present.  If he doesn't like it, that's too bad.  YOUR DOG, YOUR RULES.  JACK@SS!!!
"I think dogs are the most amazing creatures; they give unconditional love. For me they are the role model for being alive." - Gilda Radner

Seattle, WA

Offline lshelley21

• Big Paw Certified
  • Jazmine 7 months old
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2006, 06:43:07 am »
I just don't understand why he thinks it is ok. I showed him the shoe she chewed up...he grabbed it from me ...walks over to Jaz who is innocently playing with her toys...and gives it to her. HE IS 46 years old!!!!!!! no one in my family likes him... he is an @ss in many ways...this is the main way to me though.  Jaz was doing so well too.. she hasn't done that before to anything.
Jazmine's pets:
Calvin (ferret)
Willy (ferret)
Samantha (ferret)
Baxter (ferret)
Ferrets friends:
Gecko's friend:
Big D (fish)

Our pets are all above

Offline chaos270

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2006, 06:43:38 am »
Wow what a jerk!  I like the shock collar idea but I don't know if he has enough brain cells to learn from it. What about a spray bottle with a foul concotion in it?   
Erin and the critters
Kali ~ the newf
Lacey ~ the aussie 
Gabby ~ Holsteiner mare
Fire ~ Appendix Quarter Horse/Belgian gelding
Lilah and Hannah ~ Kali's kitties

Offline lshelley21

• Big Paw Certified
  • Jazmine 7 months old
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2006, 06:46:06 am »
there we go.... a concoction of booty blowout..... yeah there we go....
Jazmine's pets:
Calvin (ferret)
Willy (ferret)
Samantha (ferret)
Baxter (ferret)
Ferrets friends:
Gecko's friend:
Big D (fish)

Our pets are all above

Gypsy Jazmine

« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2006, 08:53:56 am »
K...you need to take control of the situation to protect your dog which is your duty...If he is doing this kind of thing obviously he has no respect for you or your dog...If he is manhandling your dog eventually she is going to bite him out of fear & then what???...Now you have a dog that has crossed the bite line & can no longer be fully trusted...Are you going to let this jerk ruin your dog?...I can say for certain that anyone who disrespected me in my own home like that & put my dog in danger of feeling like he or she had to protect themselves (because you're not protecting her when you allow this kind of thing to happen & she counts on you as pack leader to make sure she is safe!) would find the door smacking them in the butt on the way out as I'd have slammed it on them as they left...My own mother isn't welcomed here right now because she thinks it's funny to scare Samson who is already fearful though I have asked her to stop...Please do not allow this person in your home anymore...Do you think he cares if you have a dog that is sound or not?...Of coarse not or he wouldn't be doing these things!...Hurt feelings are SO worth keeping your dog safe in body & mind, which again is your duty to your fur friend.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2006, 08:59:25 am by Gypsy Jazmine »

Offline lshelley21

• Big Paw Certified
  • Jazmine 7 months old
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2006, 08:58:11 am »
You know you are right. It was horrible of me to allow that to happen to her. I am the one who put her in that situation, and the only one who can get her out of the situation is me as well. I know. I do feel horrible, I know that she wouldn't bite, but i also know that it was inappropriate too. I do need to stick up for my dog because if i don't then no one will. Thank you for telling me that. THat is exactly what i needed to hear. Thank you !! I guess that i have not said anything because i felt it was my sisters responsibilty to control him, alhtough if she isn't then i will have to!! thanks again
Jazmine's pets:
Calvin (ferret)
Willy (ferret)
Samantha (ferret)
Baxter (ferret)
Ferrets friends:
Gecko's friend:
Big D (fish)

Our pets are all above

Offline MagicM3

• Paw-meister
  • *Sir William
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2006, 09:05:36 am »
 Â A little graphic here... he told me he grabbed his male dogs *wooo who**** because it was sticking out. He did it to  punsh his dog. I hate him and want him gone......

Now that sounds like a good plan for him.I agree with others that have said it is up to you to put a stop to him.and barr him from your home.
I know you can't fix stupid,but this goes way beyound stupid.
Protect your baby,bf of sis or not.

Gypsy Jazmine

« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2006, 09:05:54 am »
You know you are right. It was horrible of me to allow that to happen to her. I am the one who put her in that situation, and the only one who can get her out of the situation is me as well. I know. I do feel horrible, I know that she wouldn't bite, but i also know that it was inappropriate too. I do need to stick up for my dog becausesome lower but if i don't then no one will. Thank you for telling me that. THat is exactly what i needed to hear. Thank you !! I guess that i have not said anything because i felt it was my sisters responsibilty to control him, alhtough if she isn't then i will have to!! thanks again
I was hoping that you would not be offended! :) this is serious serious business so I felt I had to be blunt...Don't feel horrible!...It is very difficult where family is concerned...Be lieve me I know!!!! >:( One thing though, you say your dog wouldn't bite but please remember that,as much of a sweetie as I am sure she is & as much as you trust her, she is still a dog & ALL dogs have a bite threshold that if crossed will push them into behaivor they normally wouldn't show...Some dogs have a higher bite threshold & some lower but they all have one...Good luck with your situation!!! :)

Offline lshelley21

• Big Paw Certified
  • Jazmine 7 months old
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2006, 09:11:00 am »
it is good to hear, and it is the truth and that is why i am not offended. It is nice to hear it from someone else. I do know about the threshold, i don't know (nor hope to never find out) how high her's is. Although so far, she is very tolerant.
Random:
I just found out that 4 of her siblings out of a litter of 8 are in shelters (no-kill) but still... it is horrible. I wish people researched animals before the get them.

I will greatly keep your advice at the tip of my tounge everytime she asks to walk Jaz, or to come over, or even at the family BBQ's. Something has to be done.
Jazmine's pets:
Calvin (ferret)
Willy (ferret)
Samantha (ferret)
Baxter (ferret)
Ferrets friends:
Gecko's friend:
Big D (fish)

Our pets are all above

Offline lshelley21

• Big Paw Certified
  • Jazmine 7 months old
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2006, 09:18:54 am »
I am going to take and print that out.... That is perfect. Thank you. I actually have to deal with "him" tonight so i will talk to my sister.
Jazmine's pets:
Calvin (ferret)
Willy (ferret)
Samantha (ferret)
Baxter (ferret)
Ferrets friends:
Gecko's friend:
Big D (fish)

Our pets are all above

Gypsy Jazmine

« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2006, 09:20:51 am »
it is good to hear, and it is the truth and that is why i am not offended. It is nice to hear it from someone else. I do know about the threshold, i don't know (nor hope to never find out) how high her's is. Although so far, she is very tolerant.
Random:
I just found out that 4 of her siblings out of a litter of 8 are in shelters (no-kill) but still... it is horrible. I wish people researched animals before the get them.

I will greatly keep your advice at the tip of my tounge everytime she asks to walk Jaz, or to come over, or even at the family BBQ's. Something has to be done.
Just keep us posted & come here when you need people who understand to back you up!...I know I speak for everyone when I say we will lend you strength! :)

Offline lshelley21

• Big Paw Certified
  • Jazmine 7 months old
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2006, 09:22:19 am »
I wish that sign also had something of the sort of Personal space for the dog...when he pets her he pats her head like i would kill a mosquito.... hard but doesn't stop... he keeps her face less than 2 inches from his face....like stop molesting my dog please.
Jazmine's pets:
Calvin (ferret)
Willy (ferret)
Samantha (ferret)
Baxter (ferret)
Ferrets friends:
Gecko's friend:
Big D (fish)

Our pets are all above