Author Topic: Almost 2 months gone...I'm no better...  (Read 15885 times)

bigdogs@5501

Re: Almost 2 months gone...I'm no better...
« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2006, 02:18:50 pm »
I totally sympathize and relate to what you are going through. I lost my male Pyrenees in February, unexpectedly from a heart problem,he was 16 months old. I have his collar and his tags beside my bed, but cant dare to really hold the collar or look at it,and I had to put his pictures away that I had on my desk. I buried Tank within hours of him passing- it was a labor from the heart and not until I had laid him to rest did I realize what I had done. I think that I cried the entire time and really cant tell you how I managed to dig the hole, pick him up, kiss him, tell him good bye and then cover the grave. He was about 110 pounds, it was 30 degrees outside and raining. I then came into the house and went into total melt down.I still have total melt down at odd times and unexpectedly, but it is getting easier. Bless you for what you did for Rosie while she was in your care. There are so many dogs that dont ever know what it is like to be loved.I must say that the day that I read about Rosie- I had to log off because I could not stop crying- I know that you loved her and that had to have been hard to get through. God bless you and the fur babies that you have now. Hopefully each day will get better for you. By the way, I love the pictures that you have posted of her. It is evident how much you loved her.

Gypsy Jazmine

« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2006, 02:30:49 pm »
I totally sympathize and relate to what you are going through. I lost my male Pyrenees in February, unexpectedly from a heart problem,he was 16 months old. I have his collar and his tags beside my bed, but cant dare to really hold the collar or look at it,and I had to put his pictures away that I had on my desk. I buried Tank within hours of him passing- it was a labor from the heart and not until I had laid him to rest did I realize what I had done. I think that I cried the entire time and really cant tell you how I managed to dig the hole, pick him up, kiss him, tell him good bye and then cover the grave. He was about 110 pounds, it was 30 degrees outside and raining. I then came into the house and went into total melt down.I still have total melt down at odd times and unexpectedly, but it is getting easier. Bless you for what you did for Rosie while she was in your care. There are so many dogs that dont ever know what it is like to be loved.I must say that the day that I read about Rosie- I had to log off because I could not stop crying- I know that you loved her and that had to have been hard to get through. God bless you and the fur babies that you have now. Hopefully each day will get better for you. By the way, I love the pictures that you have posted of her. It is evident how much you loved her.
I smile when I tell you she was a crazy bi**h...I will never find another like her...She was becoming the perfect dog...She learned so quickly & was eager to please me & she was silly beyond words!...I doubt I will ever see that kind of a sense of humor in any dog again...That 1% of darkness that was in her I damn every day...She was so darn close to forever here with us...So close I could taste it & feel it!...It's what's hardest...I don't think I will ever get past the feeling of having it right there brushing my fingertips & not being able to grab hold...I cna still feel it it was so close...It's like I was left there reaching, touching, feeling & then it was gone...Just poof...vanishe d & an empty echo ringing through my heart & my fingertips still tingling in bliss but it was over & I'd never reach her...Does that make sense to you guys? :-\

Offline My Friend Joey

• Full Fledged Chewer
  • Kuvasz/Pyr
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2006, 03:22:50 pm »
Wow, it does to me. I don't know the complete story of Rosie or how you lost her, but the feelings you write down are very descriptive. Maybe sometime you could tell me Rosies story? Your love for her was so great. God Bless.
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion." ~Unknown

SA_horses

« Reply #18 on: August 27, 2006, 04:24:17 pm »
Does that make sense to you guys? :-\

I'm sorry.

I think that maybe I understand...m aybe a little.  She loved you all and was going to be a part of your family, and then...everyth ing changed...she wanted to be but for some reason she couldn't. :'(  And now I'll probably make you cry again.  I'm sorry.  I know you loved her so much.

bigdogs@5501

« Reply #19 on: August 28, 2006, 11:55:18 am »
Everything that you have said makes perfect sense. You are one of those kind and caring people in life and you just saw everything that was good in her- and it was hard to deal with that dark side. I wish that I could have taken her for you. We dont have small kids- and we live out in the country and if she was having an evil moment or bad day- no problem. I am so so so sorry that you had to give her up. But you have little Sheba now, right? ( Tell me that I am not confused as always) And I am guessing by seeing her pics that she is a little pistol. And because of the events with Rosie, you now have Sheba- Give Princess Sheba a hug and Rosie will be smiling down on you guys.

Gypsy Jazmine

« Reply #20 on: August 28, 2006, 02:57:00 pm »
Everything that you have said makes perfect sense. You are one of those kind and caring people in life and you just saw everything that was good in her- and it was hard to deal with that dark side. I wish that I could have taken her for you. We dont have small kids- and we live out in the country and if she was having an evil moment or bad day- no problem. I am so so so sorry that you had to give her up. But you have little Sheba now, right? ( Tell me that I am not confused as always) And I am guessing by seeing her pics that she is a little pistol. And because of the events with Rosie, you now have Sheba- Give Princess Sheba a hug and Rosie will be smiling down on you guys.
You guys are so great to understand!...Sofia that is exactly right...So close but not close enough. :(
Yes we have Sheba & I try very hard not to compare her to Rosie BUT...lol...Sh eba is SO very Rosie like...The Great Pyrenees breed is generally layed back even as pups...Sheb a is little miss pi** & vinegar!...lol!...I've never seen or heard of a Pyr as entergetic & spunky as she is!...& so silly!...I can't help but seeing a whole lot of Rosie :D in her...But all the good...God blessed me when he sent me Sheba...I loved that energy, spunk & silliness in Rosie...I never thought I'd find that in a Pyr...I was very wrong...lol!