Author Topic: I can not believe it!...What is wrong with people!  (Read 4406 times)

Gypsy Jazmine

I can not believe it!...What is wrong with people!
« on: August 14, 2006, 04:32:02 pm »
K...at 2:30 this afternoon the poice called to tell me someone complained about my dogs barking...I didn't let them out until 1:30 (after my nap) & they'd all been back in & out again PLUS I was watching them from the dogs room & when they started barking at the fence & did not stop when I corrected them I called them all in & they came right in...The police gave me the name & I called her house...This is the same lady that has sent my kids in to have me bring the dogs out for her company to see twice already & once came to my door to ask me to bring them out...Like the rest of the neighbors I ask her when I see her if the dogs are bothering her & have always gotten a no...not at all...After 10 at night & before 8 a.m. weekdays & 9a.m. on weekends my dogs only go out to potty & come right back in...I do not allow them to bark excessivly even during the day...They have to come in if they are that aggitated...Al so they are NEVER EVER EVER left out if I am gone or so much as showering...I called this lady & told her that I had given her every chance to tell me if the dogs are bothering her & she never has...I talk to her at least once a week over the fence & guess what?...Her yappy little dog barks at me & I have never thought twice about it!...I have always, in a friendly manner, left the door open for her to approach me with any problems she has with the dogs or kids...Why in the h*ll would she not call me & call the police instead???...I have had Sam since Nov. 04 & this is the 1st complaint I've ever had!!...I did kill her with kindness & asked her to call me if there is another problem so we can actually solve it...B.t.w., she calls on my other neighbors because their kids ride their dirtbikes ON THEIR OWN PROPERTY & I found out today she called the police because we put our fence up because we are in a flood plain & she was worried that if it flooded her yard would get backed up...Hopefully because I called her on it she will find someone else to pick on that won't find out she has a problem with them....Oh, the same neighbor that told me that she called the police about our fence said she told them "I don't know why she has to have 3 big dogs down there anyway"...Evidently if she doesn't understand it she has to make trouble...Bad move on her part. :(

edited because I make tons of typos when I am angry, sorting it all out & plotting revenge that is completely within my rights. ;D
« Last Edit: August 14, 2006, 05:32:23 pm by Gypsy Jazmine »

GR8DAME

Re: I can not believe it!...What is wrong with people!
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2006, 04:54:49 pm »
Sic 'er Chelle!!! It seems there is always at least one chronic complainer in every nieghborhood that has nothing better to do than stir the pot.
We had a bit of a tiff with one of our neighbors that rented the house next door a bit ago. The Father/step father caught me outside in the back yard and complained that he heard our dogs barking in the house, Through the closed windows at 3am, and he didn't appreciate getting woke up at that hour.
I looked him right in the eye and said" Yeah, we didn't like it either. By the way, they were barking at your kid's friends that were reving their car engine in the driveway outside our bedroom window. I think that makes it a draw, don't you?" End of discussion. LOL
Stella

rickysmom1

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2006, 05:23:20 pm »
We just had a similiar run in with a neighbor of ours recently. She called animal control to complain that my dogs were barking @ 6:00 a.m. EVERY morning. Well, like I told animal control, the only thing we do @ 6:00 a.m. is potty and then back to bed. He was really nice about it, but due to the strict barking ordinance where I live all it takes is for someone to claim they're being disturbed by barking than to actually have any evidence of barking to warrant a visit from animal control. To make a long story short, the real reason why the neighbor called animal control was her incessant need to control our court. We're the only home w/a fence around the entire yard and our phone number is unlisted so she has no way to contact us. She doesn't seem to get that we actually want our privacy. LOL Anyway, the cranky neighbors son came over and apologized for his mother and now maybe she'll leave us alone for a while. If not then maybe Willow will drop a huge, stinky pile of mastiff poop on her pristine lawn.  ;)

Offline doglover

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2006, 05:28:54 pm »
That is exactly why we are building our house out in the middle of nowhere.

Gypsy Jazmine

« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2006, 05:34:58 pm »
Sic 'er Chelle!!! It seems there is always at least one chronic complainer in every nieghborhood that has nothing better to do than stir the pot.
We had a bit of a tiff with one of our neighbors that rented the house next door a bit ago. The Father/step father caught me outside in the back yard and complained that he heard our dogs barking in the house, Through the closed windows at 3am, and he didn't appreciate getting woke up at that hour.
I looked him right in the eye and said" Yeah, we didn't like it either. By the way, they were barking at your kid's friends that were reving their car engine in the driveway outside our bedroom window. I think that makes it a draw, don't you?" End of discussion. LOL
Stella
Stella my dear, the house next door will be going up for sale soon...You simply must move in next door...We'll do tea & crumpets. ;D ;) :D :-*

Gypsy Jazmine

« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2006, 05:37:37 pm »
That is exactly why we are building our house out in the middle of nowhere.
We are fairly secluded here!...Only 4 neighbors to worry about at all & the one the furthest away called to comaplain!...B.t.w., The dogs barked because she was walking the fenceline...I've seen this before & I swear she does it in purpose!...Silly silly bored woman! >:(

Offline Good Hope

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2006, 04:28:33 am »
Chelle,

Is this the same neighbor with the son? If so, maybe other things are going on here. Hmmmm...

I agree with Jenn, country life and big paws is a wonderful combination.

Deena

Gypsy Jazmine

« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2006, 05:02:08 am »
Chelle,

Is this the same neighbor with the son? If so, maybe other things are going on here. Hmmmm...

I agree with Jenn, country life and big paws is a wonderful combination.

Deena
No, it's not her Deena though that was my 1st guess...I was shocked when I called back to the P.D. & they actually gace up the name of the complaintant.. .This si the neighbor I have the most interaction with regarding the dogs.  >:( So far today we've had two accidents in the house because I can't leave them out long enough to do their business...She ba pee'd on the floor & someone pooped in the dogs room...I had to shut my windows & turn on the air at 6:45 a.m. because the neighbor right next to me was walking her dog & throwing a tennis ball for him between our yards.

Offline Good Hope

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2006, 05:45:09 am »
Well then, kill her with kindness. She is probably very lonely, needs a friend, spends way too much time worrying about how to make things perfect in her own little world, and feels need to try to do it despite how it affects others. Maybe you could try to show her the joys of ownership regarding big paws. Who knows, maybe she'll eventually get a couple. Stranger things have happened. Just remember, she's lonely... Try to be compassionate despite her annoying behavior. And if that doesn't work... hmmm, could mean war. ;)

Deena

Offline NoDogNow

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2006, 07:00:22 am »
You're home alone this week. 

Ask her to help you WALK them. Sheba's darling--how could she resist that little face?
Sheryl, Dogless and sad