Author Topic: Rocky destroyed my garden.....he's not so well today  (Read 2463 times)

Offline barbiedoll

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
Rocky destroyed my garden.....he's not so well today
« on: August 16, 2006, 03:27:36 am »
Hi All,

My handsome guy destroyed my garden yesterday!!!!  Ahh, I was so enjoying the peace and quite, I should of known he was up to something out there!!!! 

Anyway, today my boy is not feeling so well.  He hasn't eaten or drank anything yet this morning.  He hasn't even gone outside for his morning pee.  He is just sleeping.

I am not sure if I should give it until this evening or take him to the vet now.  I figure something in the garden has made him sick but I am hoping it is not serious.  Any thoughts?? 

Barb

Offline barbiedoll

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
Re: Pogo's dissapeared off the table....Rocky is o.k.
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2006, 01:31:32 pm »
My first clue that he was going to be o.k. was my son's Pogo (breaded hot dog) disappearing off of the table and the unmistakable hot dog breath on Rocky.

3 feedings, water and poops later.....He is o.k.

Barb

Offline PhoebesMom

• Full Fledged Chewer
  • Phoebe
    • View Profile
    • Life with Eclectus Parrots
Re: Rocky destroyed my garden.....he's not so well today
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2006, 04:51:21 am »
Hi Barb, I'm new to owning a Dane, Phoebe though loves to play in my garden. It once looked immaculate I was so proud of it and now it's her play ground. She loves to lay in the dirt, bask in the sun and stomp the plants with a playful hop. I'll have to figure something out for next spring I think to keep her out and keep some color in the yard. I have found though that after she's had a hard play outside she tends to sleep a lot. I had the same worry as you the first time. I have a cat and a chihuahua as well so I've always made sure the plants in my garden are safe for their well being if they chew on them. Phoebe does tend to really mellow out, lay around and eat less after a hard play, even the following day, and then a day later it's back to the hard outdoor plant stomping.
Anyone have any advice for how to keep grass green with a female Dane? We now have lots of yellow spots through the green grass in the back. I don't mind but it would be nice if there was something to lessen the burnt grass. This is my husband's biggest pet peeve so I told him I'd look into what we can do to keep our grass green and soft.
Megan & Phoebe
Megan- Mom to Phoebe(Great Dane)
Thunder (Chihuahua)
Viggo & Sula (Red Sided Eclectus Parrots)
Meisha & Sydney (Vos Eclectus Parrots)
Skaha (7-toed Polydactol Cat)