Author Topic: Please tell me it's OK! Small rant  (Read 11094 times)

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Cowboy is four years old and Chester is almost two
    • View Profile
Re: Please tell me it's OK! Small rant
« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2006, 07:42:07 am »
I don't know how I'd handle farm life, but there are days that dog life isn't a complete joy either...and there are only two of them! lol! The fur-tumble weeds, the drool on the walls, ceilings, the drool-slimey floors, our sheets with drool marks on the sides (or on our pillows when Chester climbs in to bed with us :o) can make me crazy if I'm in a 'clean' mood.  I'm lucky that mood doesn't happen too often or else I'd lose my mind!!!

Offline tanimara

• Big Paw Certified
  • Tanimara's Spirit Warrior "Warrior"
    • View Profile
    • Tanimara Great Pyrenees
« Reply #16 on: August 25, 2006, 07:55:20 am »
Well group.  I just have to put my 2cents worth in here...LOL  I can laugh at your distress because I relate to it well.  I raise Great Pyrenees.  I sell most of them for livestock guardians.  They are in with goats.  Or should I say they have goats around for company.  We only have three goats (more to come) all wethers (castrated males for you city folks).  Dutch is a big Alpine (huge!), Willie is a medium sized Alpine/Toggenburg mix., and Riley is our new one who just loves to climb on my car by the way!  Just this morning, I went out to the car to go to work.  Willie walks up to me to say good morning.  I opened the back door of the car to let Gandalf (one of our Pyrs) "load up".  And on command, Willie loaded up!  Climbed right in the back seat and laid down!  I could have kicked his butt!  You never know what these goats are going to do and I would not give mine up for love nor money.  One thing when you own goats.  You are going to laugh, one way or the other!

Hang in there Binky and just laugh!  Laughs now-a-days are to far and few between not to.

Jackie
Jackie Wood
Owner/Breeder Tanimara Great Pyrenees

"A people without a history is like wind on the buffalo grass"
Crazy Horse - Oglala Sioux

cricket36580

« Reply #17 on: August 25, 2006, 08:32:08 am »
What???  You mean everyone doesn't go to work with chicken feathers in their hair?  Or goat poo on their shoes?  You mean that not everyone goes to sleep hearing the turkeys talk?  I'm shocked!   ;D  Around here, you aren't considered dressed unless you have dog hair (blk and wht, chicken feathers, and goat poo on you somewhere.  I have shown up at meetings where someone literally picked the hay out of my hair.   ;D  I really did look in the mirror as I ran out the door but...Oh well...

Gypsy Jazmine

« Reply #18 on: August 25, 2006, 09:24:09 am »
Well group.  I just have to put my 2cents worth in here...LOL  I can laugh at your distress because I relate to it well.  I raise Great Pyrenees.  I sell most of them for livestock guardians.  They are in with goats.  Or should I say they have goats around for company.  We only have three goats (more to come) all wethers (castrated males for you city folks).  Dutch is a big Alpine (huge!), Willie is a medium sized Alpine/Toggenburg mix., and Riley is our new one who just loves to climb on my car by the way!  Just this morning, I went out to the car to go to work.  Willie walks up to me to say good morning.  I opened the back door of the car to let Gandalf (one of our Pyrs) "load up".  And on command, Willie loaded up!  Climbed right in the back seat and laid down!  I could have kicked his butt!  You never know what these goats are going to do and I would not give mine up for love nor money.  One thing when you own goats.  You are going to laugh, one way or the other!

Hang in there Binky and just laugh!  Laughs now-a-days are to far and few between not to.

Jackie
Jackie, isn't Willie the one that was found in your living room not too long ago too? :D :D...That tickled me SSOOOOOOOOOOOO much!! ;D I'd have made a great farmer!!!...I want goats in my house!!! ;D

Offline NoDogNow

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 25, 2006, 10:35:08 am »
Turkeys!

Don't talk about turkeys!!

I have FLASHBACKS about turkeys!!!
Sheryl, Dogless and sad

SA_horses

« Reply #20 on: August 25, 2006, 11:48:15 am »
Turkeys!

Who said anything about turkeys?  (Insert evil smiley with horns and tail here.)

;D

Honestly, goats in the kitchen must be horrible.  We considered having a half-Boer wether in my parents' bathroom with Captain, but decided against it...It was bad enough having two of them in a 4'x20' dog kennel for a night - the floor was covered with their "berries" in the morning!  :o

BTW, strawbales and haybales absorb noise pretty well.  Have you thought about using them to buffer the noise when they are outside?  I don't know if that will help you or not, but I thought it worth mentioning.

Sofia

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 25, 2006, 12:24:17 pm »
BTW, strawbales and haybales absorb noise pretty well.

OMG!  My first thought was that you were going to suggest she put these in the kitchen!!!  LOL!!!!

Offline NoDogNow

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 25, 2006, 12:24:29 pm »
You are an evil woman, Sofia.

I'll have you know that flashback made me fall out of my chair. I'm still twitching. :P

Sheryl, Dogless and sad

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 25, 2006, 12:26:24 pm »
Turkeys!

:

Okay:  come clean!!!  What about turkeys??

Offline NoDogNow

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 25, 2006, 12:32:09 pm »
OMG, you said it again!

Seriously, it was far, far too horrible to even begin to relate.  Briefly, as I twitch:

5,000 turkeys
An overturned semi truck
A fence down
A 2 lane highway
A temperature of over 100 degrees

Deponent saith no more.

I need to go splash my face.... :P
Sheryl, Dogless and sad

Offline tanimara

• Big Paw Certified
  • Tanimara's Spirit Warrior "Warrior"
    • View Profile
    • Tanimara Great Pyrenees
« Reply #25 on: August 25, 2006, 12:32:56 pm »
Chelle you have a big mouth!...LOL  You weren't suppose to remind anyone.

Jackie
Jackie Wood
Owner/Breeder Tanimara Great Pyrenees

"A people without a history is like wind on the buffalo grass"
Crazy Horse - Oglala Sioux

Offline Binky

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 25, 2006, 12:36:17 pm »
I am sorry & I understand your stress but I am ROTFLMAO!!!!!...We too have been considering mini or pygmy goats for our dogs to gaurd & as my hubby & I weigh the pros & cons my hubbby's biggest worry is that I will decide it is too hot/too cold/too windy/rainy etc. & they will have to be moved into the house...We already have 14 animals in the house so I can understand his concern...I can' wait to show him this thread!!! :D

Ha, my poor husband had the same fears and I PROMISED him "of course not, hon.  Even I wouldn't want goats in the house..."  Poor guy.  I really did mean it at the time! :)
As for being a farmer or farmer's wife, I wouldn't mind so much if we were on our farm.  But having all the animals and poo and hay everywhere in my formerly semi-clean house in the city, well it's just weird!  I guess my husband will now be referred to as a farmer's husband.
I am so hoping that no one stops by tonight.  I already had to head my MIL off in the driveway as I didn't want her to come in, slip in a pile of goat poo and land in a pile of hay and fur- or try to convince her son that he should leave me! :)
Binky-Great Pyrenees
Sophie-Leonberger
McDougal-Papillon
Chicklet-Papillon
Sigfried-Cat  RIP Sigs
Spooky-Cat
Jasper-Nigerian Dwarf goat
Ferdinand-Nigerian Dwarf goat

Gypsy Jazmine

« Reply #27 on: August 25, 2006, 04:00:22 pm »
I am sorry & I understand your stress but I am ROTFLMAO!!!!!...We too have been considering mini or pygmy goats for our dogs to gaurd & as my hubby & I weigh the pros & cons my hubbby's biggest worry is that I will decide it is too hot/too cold/too windy/rainy etc. & they will have to be moved into the house...We already have 14 animals in the house so I can understand his concern...I can' wait to show him this thread!!! :D

I am so hoping that no one stops by tonight.  I already had to head my MIL off in the driveway as I didn't want her to come in, slip in a pile of goat poo and land in a pile of hay and fur- or try to convince her son that he should leave me! :)
WHAT???...You didn't let your MIL to slip in goat poo???...Don't you like to be entertained? :D :D :D