Author Topic: Please tell me it's OK! Small rant  (Read 11182 times)

Offline Binky

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
Please tell me it's OK! Small rant
« on: August 25, 2006, 02:32:54 am »
Ahhhhh.  I am going crazy.  I never thought I'd say it, but maybe I have too many animals...That can't be right, right?  Tell me it's ok!
I am just having a bad day.  The three dogs were roaming the house all night- you know that clicking noise their nails make on the floor at 3am that's like torture?  The cats were roaming too.  Why?  Because I now have the two Nigerian dwarf goats living in my KITCHEN!!!
We were supposed to have moved to our house in the country the first of the month, but it has been pushed off indefinitely.. .long story...so now I have goats living in our very suburban back yard.  Our neighbors are great but the goats have taken to bleating constantly if I am not with them, which causes the dogs to bark (more) and I am afraid the neighbors may soon revolt!  So, I have brought the goats inside so that I can ignore their bleating (which I can't outside b/c of the neighbors) and hopefully get them to stop.
My poor husband.  If I am frustrated, he must be ready to explode, but he's so wonderful about all of this!  Anyway, just needed to complain.  Thanks!
Binky-Great Pyrenees
Sophie-Leonberger
McDougal-Papillon
Chicklet-Papillon
Sigfried-Cat  RIP Sigs
Spooky-Cat
Jasper-Nigerian Dwarf goat
Ferdinand-Nigerian Dwarf goat

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Cowboy is four years old and Chester is almost two
    • View Profile
Re: Please tell me it's OK! Small rant
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2006, 03:31:47 am »
OMG.....I have a visual and it's hysterical.  Someday (hopefully very soon) you'll look back and laugh yourself silly.  Make sure you take lots of pictures (and post them!) so you'll remember it in detail!  Goats in the kitchen, dogs in the hall:  sounds like the name of a children's book!!

VERY FUNNY!  (I know, I know, not to you now!  I'm sorry!!)

Love to your husband for being such a brick!!! :-* :-* :-*

EllieAndBlu

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2006, 03:41:32 am »
OMG.....I have a visual and it's hysterical.  Someday (hopefully very soon) you'll look back and laugh yourself silly.  Make sure you take lots of pictures (and post them!) so you'll remember it in detail!  Goats in the kitchen, dogs in the hall:  sounds like the name of a children's book!!

VERY FUNNY!  (I know, I know, not to you now!  I'm sorry!!)

Love to your husband for being such a brick!!! :-* :-* :-*

my sentiments - EXACTLY!  ;D

Offline cosmosmama

• Big Paw Certified
  • Handsome Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2006, 04:11:38 am »
What a load!  While I am sure the neighbors don't adore the noise I think they may not feel they way you think. 

Kudos to hubby for being such a great guy.  Hang in there.  It's all temporary.
Krista, Cosmo (Goofus), Sadie (THE BOSS) and Sammie (Sweet Boy)
What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
                                                Oliver Wendell Holmes

Offline Miranda

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2006, 04:14:43 am »
HAHAHA I remember at one point when I was a kid (living on a farm) we had goats living in the basement because they were afraid of the dark, several dogs who refused to stay outside if there were other animals inside, tons of cats who always managed to sneak inside, two rabbits, a few hamsters, a guinea pig, and two calves living in our utility room because their mother died giving birth to them and it was too cold outside for them. I just remember this particular moment because my mom chose this time to reevaluate her life as a farmer's wife, so she went around the house saying "THIS should not be here!" "What other wife has to clean up COWPIES to get to her washer?!"
If you think dogs can't count, try putting three dog biscuits in your pocket and then giving Fido only two of them.  ~Phil Pastoret

Offline Kermit

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2006, 05:18:44 am »
Wow... I can't imagine goats in the kitchen! :o It's hard enough here with just dogs and cats! :D

Hang in there!!!

Offline Binky

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2006, 05:27:03 am »
HAHAHA I remember at one point when I was a kid (living on a farm) we had goats living in the basement because they were afraid of the dark, several dogs who refused to stay outside if there were other animals inside, tons of cats who always managed to sneak inside, two rabbits, a few hamsters, a guinea pig, and two calves living in our utility room because their mother died giving birth to them and it was too cold outside for them. I just remember this particular moment because my mom chose this time to reevaluate her life as a farmer's wife, so she went around the house saying "THIS should not be here!" "What other wife has to clean up COWPIES to get to her washer?!"

Hahahaha :)  Thanks for all your kind words, especially that story!  I have tears in my eyes from laughing.
I will be sure to take tons of pictures.  Got some good ones of the goats headbutting a mirror as well as one of the cats!  I know I will look back and be able to laugh, but picture my poor, newly painted kitchen cabinets covered with hoof prints, little trails of goat poo on the floor and hay tracked through every inch of the house!  I even found a piece in our bed!!!  Ahh, the joys of having livestock inside!  Did I mention that we just found out I'm pregnant with our first?!!!!
« Last Edit: August 25, 2006, 05:35:07 am by Binky »
Binky-Great Pyrenees
Sophie-Leonberger
McDougal-Papillon
Chicklet-Papillon
Sigfried-Cat  RIP Sigs
Spooky-Cat

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2006, 05:44:12 am »
Okay....with that last bit of news:  YOU HAVE TO WRITE A BOOK!!!  Of such things are bestsellers made!  "Marley and Me" would just be a warm up to "Goats in the Kitchen, Dogs in the Hall: Pregnant Woman Going Mad!!!

Lots of hugs,  :-* :-* :-* and NO drools in your case.  You have quite enough of that (besides hay in your bed and goat goo everywhere!!)  :P!!

Offline NoDogNow

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2006, 05:48:51 am »
What other wife has to clean up COWPIES to get to her washer?!"

All the dairy farmer's wives I know. It's why I'm not a farmer's wife... ;)

Sometimes, I look at the chaos all around me here in LA, where I can't even have a dog of my own to spoil, have to spoil other people's, and I think, "you know, you should have just married him, you could have had all the dogs you want..." and thinking of every hassle there is about living in the city.

Then someone will remind me about livestock in the house and I remember why I went to college!  ;D  ;D
Sheryl, Dogless and sad

Offline Binky

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2006, 06:03:02 am »
Okay....with that last bit of news:  YOU HAVE TO WRITE A BOOK!!!  Of such things are bestsellers made!  "Marley and Me" would just be a warm up to "Goats in the Kitchen, Dogs in the Hall: Pregnant Woman Going Mad!!!

Lots of hugs,  :-* :-* :-* and NO drools in your case.  You have quite enough of that (besides hay in your bed and goat goo everywhere!!)  :P!!

Funny that you say that- I am working on a children's book, writing and illustrating, but I may have to trash that one and go with this!  I hope you won't mind if I steal your title- Goats in the Kitchen, Dogs in the Hall!!  I love it. 
Binky-Great Pyrenees
Sophie-Leonberger
McDougal-Papillon
Chicklet-Papillon
Sigfried-Cat  RIP Sigs
Spooky-Cat

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2006, 06:07:54 am »

Not at all!!!  I'm flattered!! ;)

Funny that you say that- I am working on a children's book, writing and illustrating, but I may have to trash that one and go with this!  I hope you won't mind if I steal your title- Goats in the Kitchen, Dogs in the Hall!!  I love it. 

Offline longshadowfarms

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
    • Longshadow Farms
« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2006, 06:17:38 am »
Then someone will remind me about livestock in the house and I remember why I went to college!  ;D  ;D

???  I went to college.  I've still had a calf in the kitchen (pneumonia) and chickens once too (bathing them for a show and it was too cold to do it outdoors).  The best though was the phone call I recieved from the garage about my car and the rooster started crowing.   ::)  Farm life is NEVER dull!  I wouldn't change it for a "normal" life any day!
Daphne

Gypsy Jazmine

« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2006, 06:42:26 am »
I am sorry & I understand your stress but I am ROTFLMAO!!!!!...We too have been considering mini or pygmy goats for our dogs to gaurd & as my hubby & I weigh the pros & cons my hubbby's biggest worry is that I will decide it is too hot/too cold/too windy/rainy etc. & they will have to be moved into the house...We already have 14 animals in the house so I can understand his concern...I can' wait to show him this thread!!! :D

Offline Imani's Mom

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
    • My Chinchilla Page
« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2006, 06:44:09 am »
Your post brings back memories!  One in particular that sure seems funny to me now, was several years ago, when a certain carload of religious evangelizers showed up to try to convert me, and I was very busy, but they would not take NO for an answer.  That is, until I finally let them in the house, and Willie, our foster dwarf goat, came flying over the baby gate in the hallway and into the kitchen where they were standing- two seconds later, all six people were in their car, doors still open, while backing franticly out of the driveway.  Good luck- I hope everything gets straightened out for you and your new house very soon.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2006, 06:45:23 am by Imani's Mom »

Weedsport, NY

Offline NoDogNow

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2006, 07:19:42 am »
Farm life is NEVER dull!

Not even when you wish it would be, I know. :) I sent Becky and Julie each a book (it was Outlander) thru Amazon at the beginning of the summer, thinking we could have a 'book club' party while I'm home the first week of September and NEITHER OF THEM has had time to read it yet. OK, yes, it's fat, but one book!

Don't misunderstand; I'm glad to go home and 'help out' on my friends' farms for a week or two; I'll help bottle 300 quarts of fruit, turn 12 more bushels of the same fruit into juice/jelly/jam while blanching another 20 bushels of veggies to freeze. I'm competent at all that stuff--I can drive the tractor, sneak eggs out of the nests, intimidate the bloody pig, even hand milk, if I have to.  I just don't LOVE to do all that stuff, and I never really did.

Cowpies in the utility room would have made me homicidal after the first week--there'd be veal for dinner after that. Lambs are cuter than calves to me; I can stand lambs for about 2 weeks before I start thinking of mint jelly every time I look at them. (I know, I'm a terrible, terrible person!)

I just have to be reminded every so often by stories about calves in the utility room and chicks in the stove, or I lose perpective here in the city on just how truly horrible a farmer's wife I would have been! 
Sheryl, Dogless and sad