Author Topic: Lamb/ rice = cancer free?  (Read 1616 times)

Offline lshelley21

• Big Paw Certified
  • Jazmine 7 months old
    • View Profile
Lamb/ rice = cancer free?
« on: August 29, 2006, 03:58:07 am »
has anyone heard that lamb and rice prevents cancer? I have heard that on a podcast i am listening to. But i was also told that lamb and rice does not support the heart. Jaz is now on solid gold bison and merrick Cowboy dry food, with canned. I alternate, so i am not worried about lack of nutrients, but does anyone know if this is true? I do know that solid gold Hunden flocken is lamb and rice and was made for danes, although i don't want just that type since i know it can cause other issues. But does anyone know?
Lauren, Jazmine (great dane)
Jazmine's pets:
Calvin (ferret)
Willy (ferret)
Samantha (ferret)
Baxter (ferret)
Ferrets friends:
Shirly and baldamore (geckos)
Gecko's friend:
Big D (fish)

Oh yeah.. my pet.. Matt (hubby)
Our pets are all above

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Cowboy is four years old and Chester is almost two
    • View Profile
Re: Lamb/ rice = cancer free?
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2006, 04:06:44 am »
I've never heard of any food preventing cancer.  If that were true, we'd all be eating it all the time ::).  I think that perhaps it doesn't have the carcinogenics that some highly processed foods (like most kibbles) have so it is healthier.  Any time you have foods that are less processed and are closer to raw or the natural diet of an animal, the healthier it would be.  It just makes sense.

How many times a day do you hear that we should be eating whole grains, raw veg, natural oils (like olive oil) as opposed to saturated fats?  I think it's just as true for our animals.  The breaking point is convenience. What's faster to get down the throat and in to the tummy??  That's why we have fast foods and kibbles!!!  (plus, an In and Out Burger is sometimes just what scratches that urge for a hamburger & fries!!)