Author Topic: Tenchi update 8/31  (Read 4621 times)

Offline Moni

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
Tenchi update 8/31
« on: August 31, 2006, 05:31:52 am »
Hi everyone, sorry for the delay, but I've been down in CT a lot with my mom, and I've been a bit under the weather as well.  We just got back from Tenchi's weekly blood draw today and we have good news!  His red blood cells are now back to normal, his protiens are coming up and he gained 6 lbs!  Yay!  Right now he still has loose poos, but they are staying brown which is really good. So it looks like Tenchiboy is on the mend.

Tenchi is going to have to stay on his medications for at least another month or so to let everything heal up completely.  Then he has to go back in 10 or so days for another blood draw.  That way we can make sure his levels are staying up since they're still not sure what caused all the trouble in the first place.  He also can never go on any NSAIDs ever again, since his digestive track will probably  be supersensative from now on.  They gave me some new stuff called Tramadol to use on a "as needed" basis.

Its great to see Tenchi on his way back to his old self.  He's actually gotten a little hyper a couple times these past couple of days.  I think its due to the fact that he's been confined or on a leash since he's been sick, so he's got some pent up energy now.  He was very happy that the Dr gave the OK to let him back offleash again.  You should've seen him zooming around in the field when we got home.  I'm still going to try and keep his wrestling to a minimum for a while, but I figured he needs to have his occasional zoomies.

I think that I'm going to start bringing him to visit the vets just for treats for a while though.  He is still loving with the people in the waiting room and when they first come in the exam room, but he was really scared today when he had to get more blood drawn.  I felt so horrible, he was trying to hide behind me and shaking so badly when they had to hold him for the draw.  Luckily they let me hold his head, but he was still wouldn't stop trembling.  He didn't growl at all, but I'm worried that it could lead to that with all that he's been through.  Poor little dinosaur.

Thanks again everyone for all of your support, its helping me through this really rough time.  Take care!

~moni, Tenchi & crew
BPO does not have my permission to use my photos.

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Cowboy is four years old and Chester is almost two
    • View Profile
Re: Tenchi update 8/31
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2006, 05:36:55 am »
I'm so happy to hear about Tenchi getting back to his zoomies!!  That was such a scary time and I'm so glad it's over!! ;D ;D ;D

GR8DAME

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2006, 05:40:49 am »
yay tenchi!!!
I am so happy that the big guy is on the road to recovery! Thanks for being such a good Mom, Moni. He is an inspiration to me, and I have missed his antics.
Stella

EllieAndBlu

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2006, 06:02:31 am »
Moni - that is the best new yet! I am sooooo happy Tenchi is on the road to recovery! love, love, LOVE that big guy!

Offline BabsT

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2006, 06:02:43 am »
It is tricky for me to post but I have been following Techni thread and I am so happy he is doing well again
Zero 23mth  Central Asian Ovcharka
Anchara 16mth old Caucasian Ovcharka

Kiahpyr

« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2006, 07:39:57 am »
YAY!! I'm so happy Tenchi is on the mend!

Offline eightdogs4me

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
    • When There's A Will, There's A Way
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2006, 10:38:37 am »
I'm so glad he is feeling better now and hope he continues to mend.  I really like Tramadol.  When my Shepherd was basically in doggie hospice care, he was on prednisone for his spondylosis so I wasn't comfortable giving him Rimadyl or Deramaxx for pain, so I had him on Tramadol.  It seemed to help him.
Emily and the gang

Gypsy Jazmine

« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2006, 10:47:28 am »
What a relief it must be that he is doing better now!...I sm sending prayers for complete recovery!

Offline K9ldy00

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2006, 11:18:59 am »
I'm so glad Tenchi is better, love that boy :-*
Dog Mom to
Dozer, Tealk,Zander,Zeva, Tesla

Offline Gevaudan_Jo

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2006, 05:31:33 am »
Moni, We're all so glad Tenchi is feeling better! Thats awesome news!!! Keep us updated on him for sure please!!!
And send him nice kisses on the nose from me !!!

Jo, zero n mem
Jodi & Darcy
Proud Parents of
Zero-Bull Terrier
Jigsaw-Bull Terrier
Repo- Jigsaw's baby Bull Terrier
Reba-Chinese Crested
Pavi-Xolo
Simba,Sabbath,Kimahri, Lil' Meow & Slimon-Cats
Robin the hermit crab and the 8 legged freak, Webley!
~ waiting at the bridge, Zeus and Memphis, great danes ~

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Never say Never to a pet in need
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2006, 11:13:56 am »
I'm so glad to hear Tenchi is feeling better and up to doing zoomies once again.
Yay! on him gaining 6 lbs!  Way to go big guy!  :)

Offline longshadowfarms

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
    • Longshadow Farms
« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2006, 08:08:17 am »
What a relief!!!!  Saw the pics in the other thread - glad your crew is getting back to normal!  Hope things are going better with your mom too!
Daphne