Author Topic: Green Tripe  (Read 1822 times)

Offline lshelley21

• Big Paw Certified
  • Jazmine 7 months old
    • View Profile
Green Tripe
« on: August 31, 2006, 09:15:37 am »
I have heard that green tripe does wonders for dogs who are prone to bloat, sick animals, and more. Although it smells so gross...not even Jazmine will eat it.. i tried Green Tripe from Solid Gold..and she would not eat it at all... is there any tripe that the dogs do like? I like to explore options with my little skinny minny... any suggestions on how to "dress up" green tripe? I have 2 cans of it left at $2.99 a can... how can i get her to eat it ?
Lauren, Jazmine (great dane)
Jazmine's pets:
Calvin (ferret)
Willy (ferret)
Samantha (ferret)
Baxter (ferret)
Ferrets friends:
Shirly and baldamore (geckos)
Gecko's friend:
Big D (fish)

Oh yeah.. my pet.. Matt (hubby)
Our pets are all above

mjjensen

Re: Green Tripe
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2006, 09:44:24 am »
  My guys get green tripe mixed in with their raw food several times a week and they seem to really love it. I use the Trippet brand or frozen when I can find it. I've never tried to feed it straight although I hear that in Europe tripe is very popular as a complete diet. I don't have any suggestions for getting Jazmine to eat it other than mixing it in with something that she likes.

Offline Nina

• Supreme Drooler
  • In Loving memory 12/30/05 8:30pm We miss you
    • View Profile
Re: Green Tripe
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2006, 10:00:00 am »
I can't remember what brand I get, but the stuff that I get is in fozen patties. Harley loves it, she's tries to get it when I pull it out of the freezer. The stuff that I get doesn't smell that bad, have you tried getting the frozen kind?

Nina
Nina and Tim
Calgary, AB, Canada
Harley(Lab mix)
Dilbert(Pyr mix)At the bridge
Jolene (cat)