Author Topic: How long?  (Read 2047 times)

Offline Krystal_00

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
How long?
« on: September 02, 2006, 11:25:20 am »
Hi everyone!
mack got his final set of shots for everything last Monday, and i was wondering if anyone knew how long they take to come into effect? i called one vet and she said 2 weeks, the other vet said, as long its his last and not first set of vaccines, he should be good to go now. Anyone have any idea? There's some cases of parvo in our town right now so i don't want to take any chances but my poor dog hasn't been on a walk since Aug. 17th(he was supposed to go on the 18th for his shots but our appointment was cancelled so we had to wait till the 28th with no walks in between of course) and hes starting to be a real jerk cause hes restless and bored..

so anyone have any input on this? or maybe where i could find more info?
When the last fish has been caught and the last tree has been cut down...Only then will man realize that he cannot eat money.

GR8DAME

Re: How long?
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2006, 04:43:47 am »
I would take him out for a walk, but restrict his contact with other dogs, and people. For the most part, my crew walk for exercise, and stopping and sniffing, pottying is not allowed when on the leash. They have unrestricted use of the backyard for that. Most doggy ailments are not airborne, so even if waiting the two weeks is the rule, he should be relatively safe with those safeguards.
Stella

Offline Krystal_00

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
Re: How long?
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2006, 09:34:40 am »
Thanks for the advice!  Its hard to keep him away from other people...he gets attention wherever he goes(ah the perils of being a handsome pup!)  I did take him for a little walk last night, just down to the river to cool off (sooo hot yesterday here!) he had so much fun as he has not left the yard in so long!

lol just on the way from my house to the river(maybe 10 min walk) he got 2 pictures taken and an offer to buy him (of course i refused lol)
When the last fish has been caught and the last tree has been cut down...Only then will man realize that he cannot eat money.