Author Topic: Would anyone like to come to a lower Midwest meet 'n greet?  (Read 24373 times)

Offline Saint and Mal mom

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
Re: Would anyone like to come to a lower Midwest meet 'n greet?
« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2006, 08:38:37 am »
Iowa! That would work for me fine! Let's see here. The dates in October that would work for me are the 24th through 29th. That is a Thursday through a Sunday. Anyone against sometime during those days? I'm getting a little excited now! But I don't want to schedule a meet n greet at Chelle's house unless it's okay with her. Would that be a lot of trouble for you, Chelle? Other suggestions are okay too!
Marissa

Zoey- Alaskan Malamute, 4 years
Dolly, CGC- Saint Bernard, 4 years
Foster mom to Clarence- Basset Hound, 5 years

"To be loved by...any animal should fill us with awe-for we have not deserved it."

Gypsy Jazmine

« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2006, 09:55:56 am »
No, that would be great!...I would love to have everyone here!...Starting on Thursday would be great too because my hubby is home Thursday & Friday & can help me with everything...I f alot of people can make it some will have to pitch tents in the back yard or I can check to see if any nearby hotels will take dogs...It's not the people...I am thinking of how to keep the dogs seperated while we sleep so there is no problems between them....My back yard isapprox. 3/4 an acre & fenced in. :)

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2006, 01:13:36 pm »
Are you sure something like this would be no trouble? Your yard does sound nice and big. And we could all bring something to eat the first few nights like they did at the other Midwest Meet n Greet this summer to help out.
Marissa

"To be loved by...any animal should fill us with awe-for we have not deserved it."

Gypsy Jazmine

« Reply #18 on: September 07, 2006, 03:27:18 pm »
Are you sure something like this would be no trouble? Your yard does sound nice and big. And we could all bring something to eat the first few nights like they did at the other Midwest Meet n Greet this summer to help out.
No, it is no trouble at all but I think it will be getting too cold to pitch tents at the end of Oct. don't you?...Again,I wouldn't care at all if people wanted to camp out in my living room & dining room like a slumber party ;D but I am worried about keeping the dogs seperated while we sleep...My dogs can go to bed with me so if not too many come we can stay in my house providing everyone dogs get along...I wouldn't trust Sam without me right with him...He has issues...Not a biter but he will try to intimidate if not watched over..I am more vigilant with him than Sheba & Pippin...Maybe I stress toomuch but he has an"edge" to him that I like to stay on top of...Not with other dogs really but with people...Pippi n is the one I watch closer with other dogs...He doesn't like too much tomfoolery unless it is from Sheba..lol!...All 3 of my dogs come from long gaurdian lines which gives them more of an "edge" than pet line Pyrs...or maybe I just worry too much...lol!
Anyway, I really would enjoy having it here so long as you guys realize my dogs can be unruly beasts...lol!
How do you think we should do it St. & Mal Mom? :-\ :)

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 08, 2006, 05:39:05 am »
My Zoey sure has a dominant streak in her. She always dominates Dolly, even though she's 30 pounds lighter. I agree that my Zoey and anyone else who has concerns about their dog with the others at night, that we'll have to find a way to separate them somehow. Perhaps I could bring one of those steaks that go in the ground to tie out the dog. I have one for Zoey. Dolly is no problem. She could care less if she were the only dog left on earth so long as she has food!  ::) She barely even interacts with them. But oh well!

Okay, everyone interested in coming to this, we probably need to start finding out who is coming for sure and why might come but it depends so we can figure out how many people and dogs we'll have. Thanks!
Marissa

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 08, 2006, 10:39:02 am »
So far, just from the posts already made, I count at least 13 interested people and/or dogs.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2006, 10:44:06 am by Saint and Mal mom »
Marissa

Gypsy Jazmine

« Reply #21 on: September 08, 2006, 11:06:19 am »
K...everyone who thinks they can make it let us know...If it doesn't work out for fall we can always do spring too! ;D

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 08, 2006, 01:31:21 pm »
Okay, those who replied to the topic were;
Jackie
Jessdryden
April
Liz
Kristi

If you guys could maybe let us know if these dates in October are going to work out or not and maybe how many of your puppers you'll bring, then we might be able to get a general idea of how to work this out. If these dates end up not working out, that's okay! Like Chelle said, maybe spring!
Marissa

kristi

« Reply #23 on: September 08, 2006, 04:12:25 pm »
Okay, those who replied to the topic were;
Jackie
Jessdryden
April
Liz
Kristi

If you guys could maybe let us know if these dates in October are going to work out or not and maybe how many of your puppers you'll bring, then we might be able to get a general idea of how to work this out. If these dates end up not working out, that's okay! Like Chelle said, maybe spring!

I will have to say sort of...
As of right now, I am scheduled to be in court that week... that could change if we reach an agreement before then :-\
I would still consider driving out on the Saturday like I did for the Indy Meet. ;)
-k.

Offline horsepoor21

• BPO Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 08, 2006, 04:18:15 pm »
Where in Iowa is this ?
-Amy
Moose-Border Collie/Newfoundland rescue
Allie-Newfoundland
Spook-Newfoundland
Whiskey-Arabian
Wolverine-Cockatiel
Polly&Rainbow-Lovebirds (with 3 babies!)
Crush-Painted Turtle

"Every boy should have two things:
 A dog, and a mother willing to let him have one"

Gypsy Jazmine

« Reply #25 on: September 08, 2006, 04:25:42 pm »
I live in Eastern Iowa...near Dubuque...Dyer sville to be specific.

Offline horsepoor21

• BPO Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 08, 2006, 04:29:23 pm »
Darn , that's over 11 hours away from me ....
-Amy
Moose-Border Collie/Newfoundland rescue
Allie-Newfoundland
Spook-Newfoundland
Whiskey-Arabian
Wolverine-Cockatiel
Polly&Rainbow-Lovebirds (with 3 babies!)
Crush-Painted Turtle

"Every boy should have two things:
 A dog, and a mother willing to let him have one"

Offline Jessdryden

• Supreme Drooler
  • My girls
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 09, 2006, 02:44:15 am »
It's pretty far for us too...about 10 hours.  The dates are okay for us, though.  Maybe we could make it?  There would be two humans and two newfie girls who love to play.  :)

Gypsy Jazmine

« Reply #28 on: September 09, 2006, 02:49:05 am »
It's pretty far for us too...about 10 hours.  The dates are okay for us, though.  Maybe we could make it?  There would be two humans and two newfie girls who love to play.  :)
That would be cool!...Shall I check to hotels around here to see if they will take dogs...Do you think it will be too cold to pitch tents?...Or should we take our chances with this dogs & "camp" out on the floors in my living room & dining room?...Or should we wait until spring when it will be warm enough to camp out in the yard? :-\

GR8DAME

« Reply #29 on: September 09, 2006, 03:07:21 am »
I have been eyeballing this thread, trying to figure out a way to jump on board, but I really can't.  :-\ That is in the heart of hockey season, and we have already committed Casey to the season. But it isn't that far, and we will plan something next spring/summer, cuz I am jonesing to meet my (evil?) twin. LOL
Stella