Author Topic: New Owner would love Info  (Read 15364 times)

k2campbell

Re: New Owner would love Info
« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2006, 04:23:28 pm »
Welcome to BPO Megan  :) Another fellow Canadian - YAY!  I'm Kelly and I'm owned by Kate, a 13 month old Leonberger.  We live just outside of Calgary ;)

Just wanted to welcome you - we'd love to see pics of your lovely girl Phoebe! :)

Kelly & Kate

Offline PhoebesMom

• Full Fledged Chewer
  • Phoebe
    • View Profile
    • Life with Eclectus Parrots
« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2006, 05:44:38 am »
Thank you everyone for the great replies. I've been looking into foods for a while and all the info really helped while I was researching yesterday. We're in Canada, Calgary, Alberta actually. I'm going to look for a foal coat for Phoebe for this winter since she was very chilly camping this past weekend. With the short hair I think she could use a nice warm coat come winter and this winter in AB is supposed to be the coldest in 100yrs! Ouch. I'll keep everyone posted with the food we choose to get Phoebe moved onto. I may wait to convert her until after she gets spayed and gets her front ankle fixed so I don't stress her anymore then she will be. I'll also make a point of getting some pictures up today for sure. Keep a look out I should have some by this afternoon. ;)
Megan- Mom to Phoebe(Great Dane)
Thunder (Chihuahua)
Viggo & Sula (Red Sided Eclectus Parrots)
Meisha & Sydney (Vos Eclectus Parrots)
Skaha (7-toed Polydactol Cat)

Offline PhoebesMom

• Full Fledged Chewer
  • Phoebe
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 06, 2006, 09:22:26 am »
How do I get Phoebe's pics up?
Thunder (Chihuahua)

Offline lshelley21

• Big Paw Certified
  • Jazmine 7 months old
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 06, 2006, 09:26:58 am »
OH SHE IS GORGOUSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Lauren, Jazmine (great dane)
Jazmine's pets:
Calvin (ferret)
Willy (ferret)
Samantha (ferret)
Baxter (ferret)
Ferrets friends:
Shirly and baldamore (geckos)
Gecko's friend:
Big D (fish)

Oh yeah.. my pet.. Matt (hubby)
Our pets are all above

Offline Kermit

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 06, 2006, 09:31:40 am »
YAY pictures!!!! :D

She looks "merlequin" to me!!! ;D Stunning gal!!! :-*

Offline PhoebesMom

• Full Fledged Chewer
  • Phoebe
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 06, 2006, 09:32:33 am »
Isn't she? I'll have to get better pictures of her to upload showing her eyes. I just can't get a good close up face shot to show the one blue eye and one blue/brown eye.
Thunder (Chihuahua)

Offline lshelley21

• Big Paw Certified
  • Jazmine 7 months old
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 06, 2006, 09:33:28 am »
that is definitly a merliquin... jazmine is a merliquin too, but somewhere they forgot to give her color.. so she is a whitey...
Lauren, Jazmine (great dane)
Jazmine's pets:
Calvin (ferret)
Willy (ferret)
Samantha (ferret)
Baxter (ferret)
Ferrets friends:
Shirly and baldamore (geckos)
Gecko's friend:
Big D (fish)

Oh yeah.. my pet.. Matt (hubby)
Our pets are all above

Offline PhoebesMom

• Full Fledged Chewer
  • Phoebe
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 06, 2006, 10:30:39 am »
Jazmine is very pretty I've seen an all white Dane before, would that amount to an Albino? The Dane had dark brown eyes and was white as snow with a pink nose. I love the white danes.
Thunder (Chihuahua)

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Never say Never to a pet in need
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 06, 2006, 02:03:33 pm »
Ooooh, Phoebe is gorgeous!  What a cutie!

A white dane wouldn't be an albino unless they were completely void of pigment.  Red eyes, pink nose, no spots on gums/toe pads or nails.  An all white dane isn't all that unusual.  Most deaf danes I know of are all white or mostly white.

k2campbell

« Reply #24 on: September 06, 2006, 02:10:02 pm »
Thank you everyone for the great replies. I've been looking into foods for a while and all the info really helped while I was researching yesterday. We're in Canada, Calgary, Alberta actually. I'm going to look for a foal coat for Phoebe for this winter since she was very chilly camping this past weekend. With the short hair I think she could use a nice warm coat come winter and this winter in AB is supposed to be the coldest in 100yrs! Ouch. I'll keep everyone posted with the food we choose to get Phoebe moved onto. I may wait to convert her until after she gets spayed and gets her front ankle fixed so I don't stress her anymore then she will be. I'll also make a point of getting some pictures up today for sure. Keep a look out I should have some by this afternoon. ;)

Phoebe is GORGEOUS!!!  What a lovely girl! 

Megan we live in Airdrie, just 20 minutes north of Calgary.  We'll have to have a meet-up sometime, I'm sure Phoebe and Kate would love to play together! ;D 

Where did you go camping this past weekend?  We are AVID campers and go all the time.  There's just so many beautiful spots in Alberta to camp, we're quite lucky actually  ;)

As for a foal coat - I would go to Greenhawk.  It's a Canadian Horse supply store, based in Ontario but just came out to Calgary (in the SE) last year.  You should definitely be able to find a good foal coat there for Phoebe. :)

Keep us posted - and more pics please! ;D

Offline PhoebesMom

• Full Fledged Chewer
  • Phoebe
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 06, 2006, 02:45:04 pm »
Hi Kelly,
I think Phoebe would love to play. I cannot allow her off leash but she enjoys other dogs company as long as the dog is not too pushy as she gets intimidated and then lays down or hides behind me.
We generally go to Sibald, Ghost Lake, Sylvan, or Rocky Mtn. House for weekend trips, anything longer and we head to BC.
Thanks for the mention of Greenhawk. I'm in the SE so it shouldn't be far, I'll check it out for sure.
Thunder (Chihuahua)

k2campbell

« Reply #26 on: September 06, 2006, 02:50:11 pm »
Hi Kelly,
I think Phoebe would love to play. I cannot allow her off leash but she enjoys other dogs company as long as the dog is not too pushy as she gets intimidated and then lays down or hides behind me.
We generally go to Sibald, Ghost Lake, Sylvan, or Rocky Mtn. House for weekend trips, anything longer and we head to BC.
Thanks for the mention of Greenhawk. I'm in the SE so it shouldn't be far, I'll check it out for sure.

Sounds good - we'll have to get together sometime then, before it gets really cold out ;) No worries I don't go to dog parks around here, just leashed parks. Off leash parks actually intimidate ME, not Kate (ha ha).  But I've heard lots of horror stories, so I try to stay away... ::)

We camp out by Rocky Mtn House ALL THE TIME!  It's such nice country up there  :) Ghost Lake a few times, and just went to BC for a week and a half :)

Offline PhoebesMom

• Full Fledged Chewer
  • Phoebe
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 06, 2006, 03:01:03 pm »
We stay at Wilderness Village Campground when we go to Rocky Mtn. House. We're going to try and get out one more time before it gets too cold. This past weekend they had a bear sighting, that always makes for fun.
In Calgary we walk along the Ridge in McKenzie Lake as well as Fish Creek Park and sometimes Confederation Park. We love Confederation Park, we used to live in the NW a block from the park and really miss having all the mature trees.
Thunder (Chihuahua)

k2campbell

« Reply #28 on: September 06, 2006, 04:15:10 pm »
We camp on "crown land" or in the "free zone" when we go up to Rocky.  It's so nice and (usually) quiet.  We're hoping to get out once more (not too sure where) this year, hopefully we will! ;D  Kate LOVES camping ;)

Those parks sound really nice - I've been to Confederation Park (and it's beautiful) but that's it.  And Princess Island Park too...

Gypsy Jazmine

« Reply #29 on: September 06, 2006, 04:41:37 pm »
Welcome Phoebe & her mom to BPO!...I'm Chelle & I live with 3 Great Pyrenees...Sam son (the moody one) Pippin (my golden boy) & Sheba(my wild child).

So far as food goes we have been very happy with Canidae All Life Stages.

I hope you'll enjoy your time here! :)