Author Topic: Questions about vaccinations  (Read 2998 times)

Offline Lucah's Folks

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
    • The Lucah Project
Questions about vaccinations
« on: September 09, 2006, 10:01:19 am »
Lucah got is 3rd set of DHPP today and the bordatella also.  Does anyone know how safe he is outside now?  We have been keeping him in the yard, but really want to get him to this great park we live close to.

We live in Los Angeles, Ca., I know that a lot of diseases can be regional, so just wondering if he is safe for the park yet?

He will go back in 4 weeks for a nother bordatella and rabies.

Please excuse any spelling errors.  I feel like being casual today.

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Cowboy is four years old and Chester is almost two
    • View Profile
Re: Questions about vaccinations
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2006, 10:12:49 am »
To be safe, I'd wait until Lucah finished all his shots to go out to play with others.  There are just too many things that he could catch from other dogs.  Why not wait just another month until he's fully vaccinated and his immune system is just a little stronger??  Hopefully he'll have the whole rest of his life to go to the park and play!

Offline Lucah's Folks

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
    • The Lucah Project
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2006, 11:20:26 am »
Thanks for the info.  Also...the doctor said he has extra nipples!  Is that normal...is that a sign of something to come?  It seems harmless, but I worry about it being a dangerous mutation.

Offline Imani's Mom

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
    • My Chinchilla Page
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2006, 01:10:23 pm »
I don't think you need to worry about extra nipples.  My english mastiffs, Imani, has 9, and Frankie has 11.

Weedsport, NY

Offline Lucah's Folks

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
    • The Lucah Project
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2006, 04:43:08 pm »
I don't think you need to worry about extra nipples.  My english mastiffs, Imani, has 9, and Frankie has 11.

Yikes!!! I wonder if other dog breeds are like that.  All my dogs from before never had extra nipples.  I also wonder if he was a female if all extra ones would be useable.

thanks for the info everyone.