Author Topic: Lady is so proud  (Read 2619 times)

lins_saving_grace

Lady is so proud
« on: June 20, 2005, 06:13:00 am »
Lady is almost 100 pounds now and not even a year old.

Offline moonlitcroatia

• BPO Guru
  • Betti Boo March 2008
    • View Profile
    • Greta's Page
Re: Lady is so proud
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2005, 09:57:58 pm »
Incredible!  She looks very muscular.  Betti is compact like that, but only weighs around 70 lbs. and that's why we refer to her as "Little Betti".  Greta weighs about 85, but she is tall.  100 lbs....that's a big girl, indeed!  ;)
I think dogs are the most amazing creatures; they give unconditional love.  For me they are the role model for being alive.  ~Gilda Radner

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2005, 05:25:45 am »
Lady's dad was HUGE!  not medium...not husky...HUGE.  She gets it from him.  His head was bigger than a basketball.  She's starting to get muscles but still has a lot of filling out to do over the next year.  I looked at her last night and saw her temples starting to pop out like her head is growing out more (as if her head needs to be bigger).  But when she leans into you like most Rotts like to do, she makes a dent now. 
I walk her and Grace (mostly at the same time...so it's a real sight to see) almost every night for a mile or more.  Every one in the neighborhood stops and looks and some even come up to get loved on.  So that's where the muscles are coming from...all the long walks. 
We got her a backpack over the weekend and she's becoming quite the little helper..."oh Mommy, put it in my bag!  Oh Mommy, let me get that."   Gracey on the other hand is still the "mini Rott". :) 

Offline moonlitcroatia

• BPO Guru
  • Betti Boo March 2008
    • View Profile
    • Greta's Page
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2005, 07:19:18 pm »
Lins, did you say in another post that Gracie and Lady are of Yugoslavian and Italian origin?  What part of Yugoslavia?  Part of my family is from Ex-Yugoslavia...Croatia to be exact.  I saw a Serbian site on the internet with Ex-Yugoslavian rotties.  I would like to know more, if you don't mind.  :)
I think dogs are the most amazing creatures; they give unconditional love.  For me they are the role model for being alive.  ~Gilda Radner

Offline 4everblu

• Full Fledged Chewer
  • Lord help me be the person my dog thinks I am.
    • View Profile
    • The Spotted Dog
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2005, 08:30:03 pm »

Oh, she is lovely!

No wonder you are so proud!!
[/i]
Please Visit "The Spotted Dog" for  Personalized Doggie signatures and graphics.  http://forums.delphiforums.com/ourdogs/start

Offline rottiesNpugs

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
    • photos of my dogs & friends
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2005, 12:05:21 pm »
She is a doll!! I know the feeling well of having them still be under a year & growing so fast!! lol Rocky is almost 18 mths old & is about 125- 130 lbs... I'm sitting in the floor w/ him taking up all of my lap & crushing my legs lol & the whole time thinking... this time last year I could still pick him up & hold him on the couch! I love him being a big ol throw rug lol but miss the wee puppy days lol
Your honor student is just a pawn in my pugs diabolical plot for world domination!

Offline moonlitcroatia

• BPO Guru
  • Betti Boo March 2008
    • View Profile
    • Greta's Page
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2005, 05:50:00 pm »
The best times are when they are little and can be "squeezed"...then they let out this little puppy grunt.  It's the greatest experience!  Just be careful not to squeeze too hard.