Author Topic: Eagle Pack 'Improvements'  (Read 1784 times)

Lyn

Eagle Pack 'Improvements'
« on: September 11, 2006, 02:56:51 am »
Eagle Pack is improving some of their formulas. Which may or may not be a good thing for Bubba. Bubba is doing well on the Anchovy, Sardine and Salmon formula. But with the changes that will be taking place I'm not so sure that he will continue to do well on it.

Here's an old and new partial ingredient list that I found...

Old:
Anchovy, Sardine & Salmon Meals (Preserved with Natural Mixed Tocopherols and Citric Acid), Oatmeal, Ground Brown Rice, Pearled Barley, Menhaden Oil (Preserved with Natural Mixed Tocopherols and Citric Acid), Dried Beet Pulp, Sun-Cured Alfalfa Meal, Air Dried Peas, Brewers Dried Yeast, Dried Egg Product, Flaxseed, Salt, Potassium Chloride, Dried Carrots, Dried Apples, Inulin, Glucosamine Hydrochloride, Dandelion (Organic), Garlic Powder, Yucca Schidigera Extract, DL-Methionine

New:
Anchovy, Sardine & Salmon Meals, Oatmeal, Ground Brown Rice, Ground White Rice, Menhaden Fish Oil, Dried Beet Pulp, Flaxseed, Dried Egg Product, Carrots, Sun-Cured Alfalfa, Peas, Salt, Potassium Chloride, Quinoa (Organic) Apples, Blueberries, Inulin, Beta-Carotene, Cranberries, Dehydrated Kelp, Glucosamine Hydrochloride, Yucca Schidigera Extract, DL-Methionine

They added blueberries.. took out the barley and put white rice in it's place. Moved flaxseed up the list. Taken some ingredients out and moved others around.. UGH that doesn't seem like a 'slight' change to me. ???

If Bubba dosn't do well with this 'new improved formula' then I'm screwed because I've tried every other fish kibble I can get here. :(

I've been checking into Timberwolf Organics Ocean Blue but I can't get it here. So I don't have any other kibble I can fall back on if the Eagle Pack causes problems. UGH Damn EP!  :(

Offline Winslow 151

• Paw-meister
  • Winslow at 6 Months
    • View Profile
Re: Eagle Pack 'Improvements'
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2006, 03:47:23 am »
Hi,

If you can buy as much of the original formula as you can afford and start a really slow transition to the new formula.  The longer Buba has to adjust to the change the less shock to his system. I bet it will be no difference for him at all if you go really slowly.
Happy Tails to All
Winslow's Dad