Author Topic: More Pics of the Rescued Dane  (Read 2641 times)

bigdogs@5501

More Pics of the Rescued Dane
« on: September 11, 2006, 01:06:50 pm »
He is truley a Dane- He loves to lounge on the couch

Offline kathryn

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
Re: More Pics of the Rescued Dane
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2006, 01:11:03 pm »
They are cuties!  How did the vet visit go for the female?
Kaila - Belgian Malinois
Shiner - Malinois x Ridgeback
Toulouse, Cayenne, Raven - DSH

Due to recent budget cuts and the rising cost of electricity, gas and oil, as well as current market conditions, the Light at the End of the Tunnel has been turned off. We apologize for the inconvenience

bigdogs@5501

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2006, 01:24:04 pm »
She has a respiratory infection. And she is extremely malnourished. The vet doesnt want to spay her right now because of the compromised immune system. Also got more medicine for the ears. I am just amazed at how sweet she is- if I had been through what she has been through- I dont think that I would like humans very much.
Jake is still being horrible- he just tore up the carpet at my bedroom door because they are in the office with me. The office is off of the bedroom and this is driving him nuts.
Gotta love Jake though, he is loyal and determined.

Offline kathryn

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2006, 01:30:17 pm »
Poor Jake!  He thinks he's so unloved!  ::)

That's great that all she has is a respiratory infection.  While it's not fun at least it's easily treated. 

Let me know if you need me to foster at some point.  I am flying to Chicago on Friday for a conference and will be back next Wednesday.  I am at work the rest of the week until I leave.  I'll see what I can do to help out when I get back.

Kat
Kaila - Belgian Malinois
Shiner - Malinois x Ridgeback
Toulouse, Cayenne, Raven - DSH

Due to recent budget cuts and the rising cost of electricity, gas and oil, as well as current market conditions, the Light at the End of the Tunnel has been turned off. We apologize for the inconvenience

bigdogs@5501

« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2006, 01:34:33 pm »
I will and you are so kind to offer. I am hoping the jolly green giant will chill out a bit and soon. Also Annie maybe pregnant- we are going to address that situation soon. She is such a sweet sweet girl.

Offline Miranda

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2006, 03:13:46 am »
Holy cow, they're so skinny!! The pictures from the shelter were only of their heads so I didn't really know how skinny they were.

Once again, cheers to you for taking them. I can  probably foster the female, but not the male since he's still intact and so is Laika. Mastidanes look cool and everything, but I'd prefer not to have a litter of them  ::)
If you think dogs can't count, try putting three dog biscuits in your pocket and then giving Fido only two of them.  ~Phil Pastoret