Author Topic: Snap Crackle Pop  (Read 2659 times)

Offline Love My Emmee

• Ankle Biter
  • My Dane, My Savior
    • View Profile
Snap Crackle Pop
« on: September 14, 2006, 08:32:14 am »
Hi All,

I'm having some concerns about Emmee...Lately when she stands or even changes position during sleep, she snap crackles and pops!!!  She doesn't show any signs of pain, and there is no limping, but I'm still a little concerned.  She is a little over a year old, I thought that only older dogs (like people) had joints that popped like this.  Does anyone else have a younger dog that sounds like it is getting a chiropractic realignment every time they get up???

???

Blessings and Slobbers,
Heather & Emmee, PSD
People will always judge you, but your will dog love you for who you are.

Offline moonlitcroatia

• BPO Guru
  • Betti Boo March 2008
    • View Profile
    • Greta's Page
Re: Snap Crackle Pop
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2006, 11:33:55 am »
Betti boop snaps and pops every once in a while. It happened a lot when she first came home two years ago. She was nervous and held her muscles tight. It occurs when she stretches sometimes, too.

We went to the veterinarian over a year ago and they x-rayed her bladder for stones and noted that she has great hips.

Whenever I've asked the doctor about snapping and popping in my shoulders they are never concerned about it.

Can never be too safe, though, eh?
I think dogs are the most amazing creatures; they give unconditional love.  For me they are the role model for being alive.  ~Gilda Radner

Offline moonlitcroatia

• BPO Guru
  • Betti Boo March 2008
    • View Profile
    • Greta's Page
Re: Snap Crackle Pop
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2006, 11:45:14 am »
Here's one link in defense of normal snap, crackle, and pop:

http://www.mothernature.com/Library/Bookshelf/Books/16/122.cfm
I think dogs are the most amazing creatures; they give unconditional love.  For me they are the role model for being alive.  ~Gilda Radner