Author Topic: Canidae vs. Pro Pac  (Read 2370 times)

Offline horsepoor21

• BPO Fanatic
    • View Profile
Canidae vs. Pro Pac
« on: September 12, 2006, 12:23:38 pm »
I was feeding Canidae from about last November until about three months ago . Moose has always been a chubby boy since we rescued him , and I've always fed him a very small amount of food , he's a very active dog and gets tons of exercise , and has been vet checked for any health probs numerous times to see why we just couldn't get him to loose all that weight . Never found anything wrong . Now , Allie did very well on Canidae , but due to some financial difficulties this summer I switched to Pro Pac , lamb and rice , because a local pet shop carries it for much cheaper than Canidae , plus I get $2.00 off coupons in the bag and every tenth bag is FREE ! So anyhow , about three months later I am happy to report , Moose has lost TWENTY POUNDS !!! He's extremely healthy and this is the first time we've ever been able to feel his ribs ! His coat is so shiny and beautiful , I'm just so happy for him ! Now Allie , I want to get back on Canidae when money gets better here . Isn't it interesting how one dog can do so well on a food that is considered one of the best and another doesn't do so well ? Anyways ,I thought that was interesting  ;D
-Amy
Moose-Border Collie/Newfoundland rescue
Allie-Newfoundland
Spook-Newfoundland
Whiskey-Arabian
Wolverine-Cockatiel
Polly&Rainbow-Lovebirds (with 3 babies!)
Crush-Painted Turtle

"Every boy should have two things:
 A dog, and a mother willing to let him have one"

Kiahpyr

Re: Canidae vs. Pro Pac
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2006, 02:56:44 pm »
One of the reason he's lost weight on the Pro Pac is because it has fillers that is going right through him. I'm glad he's doing well, but I would keep an eye on him he doesn't loose too much weight.

Offline horsepoor21

• BPO Fanatic
    • View Profile
Re: Canidae vs. Pro Pac
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2006, 04:34:55 pm »
I realize it's not as nutritional as Canidae , but see , he used to be on Iams , so it's certainly a step up from that ! And on Iams he was obese . I will definetly keep an eye on him though  :)
-Amy
Moose-Border Collie/Newfoundland rescue
Allie-Newfoundland
Spook-Newfoundland
Whiskey-Arabian
Wolverine-Cockatiel
Polly&Rainbow-Lovebirds (with 3 babies!)
Crush-Painted Turtle

"Every boy should have two things:
 A dog, and a mother willing to let him have one"