Author Topic: How much adult food for puppy?  (Read 4209 times)

Offline LMT

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
How much adult food for puppy?
« on: September 14, 2006, 05:32:22 am »
Some of you know that I've developed a theory that Adicus has a food allergy to corn. I bought a small back of Solid Golf Wolf King and have been starting to mix it in w/ his ProPlan. So far, he's taking pretty well to it and no problems on the way out...

My question is - how much Wolf King should he be fed once he's fully on it? Since the feeding instructions are for grown doggies. Should I look to see what it is for the Wolf Cub? And feed the same?

Right now Adi's reaching 50lbs at 5 months. He's eating 5 cups of the ProPlan for now, but I realize that these foods are very, very different.

The feeding instructions on the Wolf King are as follows (abbreviated):
40-60 lbs - 2 2/3 to 3 2/3 cups daily
60-80 lbs - 3 2/3 to 4 1/3
80-100 lbs - 4 1/3 to 5 1/4
For larger animals, adjust accoringly.
4.85 cups = 1 lb. 1522 calories/ 1lb.

lmt.

Kiahpyr

Re: How much adult food for puppy?
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2006, 05:35:06 am »
I feed according to weight. You can always adjust depending on how much he grows.

Offline LMT

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2006, 06:10:55 am »
I wasn't sure if I should go over that because he will be gaining. Thanks for the input.
lmt.

Lyn

« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2006, 08:40:54 am »
I read somewhere that for puppies being fed adult food that the amount should be doubled because they require more calories.

Ahh..I formatted my pc yesterday and lost all my links because I forgot to save my favorites. >:( I'll have to see if I can find it again. Actually it might have been www.greatdanel ady.com ?

Offline LMT

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2006, 05:25:48 am »
Looks like Adicus either picked something up on a walk or his tummy just doesn't like the Wolf King anymore. I'm taking a fecal in today for analysis. I tried filtered water, but that made things WORSE. Yuck.
lmt.

Lyn

« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2006, 09:10:21 am »
I would switch him off the Wolfking.. they recently made very sneaky ingredient changes that are NOT listed on the bags yet. People on another forum were mentioning very sudden bouts of watery stool. A big thumbs down for Solid Gold.  >:(

I'll pm you the link to the post on that forum.. I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post it here.

Offline DixieSugarBear

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2006, 01:50:40 am »
Can you please send me the link on the Solid Gold change?

Thanks,
Lisa
Lisa, owned by the following:
Sugar Bear - Great Pyrenees 4.5 yr.
Dixie Darlin - Great Pyrenees 4 yr.
Penny Lane - Great Pyrenees 2.5 yr.
Beauman - Great Pyrenees 14 months
Izzy - Great Pyrenees 14 month
Rosie - Great Pyrenees (at the bridge)

Lyn

« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2006, 01:54:02 am »
Will do. I'm not sure if you need to register to view it though.. UGH If you do let me know and I will give you my login and password so you can read it. It's like a 5-6 page post so I can't copy it all.

Apparently all the formulas have changed or are changing.