Author Topic: SOME PEOPLE JUST DON"T UNDERSTAND DON"T GET A DOG IF YOU CAN"T TAKE CARE OF IT!!  (Read 2640 times)

Offline marinafb

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
 >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

[I was working with teenagers moving to a new apartment who bought a american staffordshire terrier he is now 3 months old they can not take the puppy with them.They were both in school and never at home so he sat in a crate waiting for someone to love him.I found a wonderful home for him and the punk boyfriend told me on the phone he wanted $100.00 for the dog i said i understood you had to get rid of him right away and were looking for a good home for him. He said no i want $100.00 for him i said so it would'nt matter who you gave the dog to as long as they gave you $100.00 he said yes i said you should'nt have had the dog in the first place and hung up on him. I contacted the parent of the girl and explained what happened. The next day i got a call from the mother telling me she had the dog could i come and get it? I went and picked it up and took it to his new family very hard to part with him on the ride there he snuggled up close to me and nuzzled me and gave me a kisses. He will be in the country and the woman that is taking him rasied boxers.I took him to her daughters house and the first thing the kids said when they saw him was can we keep him?  Marina  
Freya-9 years collie shepard mix
Milo-6 years Pitt Bull
Bryce-3 years English Mastiff
Mab and Angus cool cats

Offline Lucah's Folks

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
    • The Lucah Project
I know how you feel, we went to Lucah's first obedience class and people don't seem to understand that dogs don't come automatically knowing how to behave, and they take some work.  Most of the people in the class seem to be surprised that the dog they haven't properly socialized, or trained in anyway has issues, especially when other people come over.

I know each person in the class is a dog lover, but I shake my head when I hear the issues they are having.  Most of the issues could have been prevented with some simple boundries.  I commend them for coming to class, but it feels like they waited for the dog to become "bad" before they wanted to teach him how to be good. 

Overall there definately is no shortage of people who don't know the difference between a dog as a companion or a dog who just lives with you.

cricket36580

Wonder what he needed the money for?   ::)  Although he could have been wanting to re-coup his losses somewhat.  Well bred pitties here are going in the $1K range though so maybe not.  People are stupid jerks. 

Luvmydanes

That is really sad. :( You would think a good home would be far more important than making $100...I'm glad the puppy got such a good home.

Offline MommaBear

• Paw-meister
  • baby bear
    • View Profile
very sad ... but great ending..kudos for getting the dog away from these guys