Big Paws Only Dog Forums
November 19, 2017, 08:17:12 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Congratulation s Dinty the Newf You look very handsome atop the site.

The BPO Calendar is now available for purchase. For more information, see the self-titled thread.

Looking for something interesting to read? Catch up on the latest doggy news in our BPO Blog.

Home   Help Search Calendar Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Furminator  (Read 2893 times)
Miranda
Big Paw Certified

View Profile
« on: September 28, 2006, 06:20:26 AM »

I've been calling around to the local groomers to get the Furminator treatment for Kingsley, and I can't believe the prices! The cheapest I've been quoted is $81! Is this the going rate? In Kansas we paid $25! I'm actually missing Kansas a little bit now!

If you think dogs can't count, try putting three dog biscuits in your pocket and then giving Fido only two of them.  ~Phil Pastoret
Luvmydanes
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2006, 06:21:48 AM »

What is furminator exactly? I've never heard of it before.
Miranda
Big Paw Certified

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2006, 06:25:28 AM »

It's a shed treatment thing. They bathe the dog with this stuff that loosens up the undercoat, then blow-dry them, then use the Furminator brushes...they're specially designed to get the dead hairs out of the undercoat.

http://www.furminator.com/

If you think dogs can't count, try putting three dog biscuits in your pocket and then giving Fido only two of them.  ~Phil Pastoret
Luvmydanes
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2006, 06:43:05 AM »

Thats really cool! Can you have it done to all dogs, or is it mostly for dogs with longer coats?
Luvmydanes
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2006, 06:46:50 AM »

I guess that is why I have never heard of it being that we have danes...lol
Miranda
Big Paw Certified

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2006, 01:54:56 PM »

Haha...yeah... I already own a furminator...I'm just lazy and want someone else to do it Tongue Plus, it the blow-dry REALLY helps, and my blow-dryer just doesn't seem to do the trick!

Toly
Gnawer

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2006, 11:37:26 AM »

The Furminator will work well on any shedding dogs, long or short coat. Most dogs enjoy it and the Dane should also. Give it a try. I bought the complete kit. Brush, deshedding shampoo, deshedding solution, and treats.
Good luck
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: