Author Topic: Bluetick Coonhounds ?  (Read 11864 times)

Offline K9ldy00

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
Bluetick Coonhounds ?
« on: June 21, 2005, 06:15:30 pm »
Anybody out there have a Bluetick Coonhound? Mine is a 75 pound baby. When I'm on the computer he lays his big head on my mouse and won't let me move it. His Name is Dozerand he is pretty demanding when it comes to attention.
Dog Mom to
Dozer, Tealk,Zander,Zeva, Tesla

Offline K9ldy00

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
Re: Bluetick Coonhounds ?
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2005, 07:47:15 pm »
Here he is looking guilty, He stole the Coontail key ring and ran in his crate with it.
Dog Mom to

Offline K9ldy00

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2005, 07:49:09 pm »
and here is the whole dog, big as he is
Dog Mom to

Offline coonie1970

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2005, 08:22:51 pm »
HE IS ADORABLE!!! I have never seen a dog like this before. My son loves the picture of Dozer with the coon tail. He said " Mom go back. I think that dog has a racoon in his mouth." LOL Thats too funny. Post more pictures!!!  ;D
Coonie
Karen :) Image hosting by Photobucket

Offline pndlake

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2005, 11:05:22 pm »
What a great face!!!!!!! :o Makes you want to nuzzle with a big cold nose.  Peggy
Peggy

Offline Kermit

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2005, 08:23:48 pm »
Maybe you can help me out if you know coonhounds, k9ldy. I've got his pup, they told me saint bernard and bloodhound mix. But as the days pass he is looking less and less like a bloodhound. Do you see coonhound when you look at this guy? Are coonhounds easy to train? Can you ever let them off the leash or will they take off after a scent? I would love to take this guy camping someday and let him off leash, but I was WARNED that a blloodhound will take off and go 50 miles! So I was wondering if coonhounds are the same way. I know nothing about hound dogs. They sure are beauties, though!

Offline K9ldy00

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2005, 04:25:14 pm »
He is a beauty! I see where he could have Bloodhound in him or maybe Redbone Coonhound. Usually when you mix a Bloodhound with another breed they loose all the loose skin.
It is kind of hard to have a hound off lead. They will follow their nose. Hounds can be very smart so smart you might think they are dumb. They can learn but have a mind of their own.They learn but then have selective hearing and will do tasks if they feel like it.Dozer knows what  "gimme Kiss" means but only does it when he feels like it. They are in tune with your feelings and very sensitve when yelled at. Its funny the way they have so much expression in their face. I hope this helps

Dog Mom to

Offline Mark Dozier

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2005, 02:10:47 am »
I  have to agree and disagree wiith you K9kady.
Agree the he has some hound. You can see the coon hound especailly around the eyes and in the  body.

Disagree that it is kind of hard to have a hound off lead. While they will follow thier noses they are really obiedent off lead but it does take a large comittment and hard work to make it happen. If it is not happening then you and your dog both need work on the problem areas.
Now who ever heard of a hound with selective hearing. That is if you don't count ever hound owner in the world.

Amen. They are in tune with your feelings and very sensitve when yelled at and darn stuborn about it to.

Mark Dozier
servant of
Rolly - Walker Coon Hound
Ozzie - Maremma
Siearra - Great Pryenesse

henrysmomma

« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2005, 02:15:11 am »
He looks redbone to me too, but I know nothing of hounds... ;D

Rose