Author Topic: Found a local Eagle Pack dealer - yipee!! (also, Iams rant - LOL!)  (Read 4353 times)

Offline PennyK

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
Found a local Eagle Pack dealer - yipee!! (also, Iams rant - LOL!)
« on: September 29, 2006, 05:03:13 am »
Teddy was on Iams large breed puppy and did really good on it.  He got filled up after his meals and had nice firm stool and only once or twice per day. 

After his little bout of tummy troubles, I accidentally picked up the Iams large breed adult, no biggy, want to switch to adult food soon anyway!  I DO NOT like it at all!  Teddy is constantly hungry and he poops soft (not watery) stools about 7 times a day!!!!!  I don't even get to sleep through the night anymore!!

So.....I went on a search today - visited some of the pet places I usually feel I can't afford.  I found several brands that have been mentioned on BPO but found Eagle Pack Natural to be very reasonable priced too!  The store sent us a couple sample packs home for free and Teddy loves it!

Iams Large breed adult.....$38 CDN...need to feed about 12 cups a day and he is not full.  (Iams Large Breed puppy was $42 CDN)
Eagle Pack Natural....... .$48 CDN....need to feed approx 9 cups per day....and I'm SURE it will have better "end" results (LOL!). (Certainly can't be worse!)

Hubby will make me use up the nasty Iams but the next bag will be Eagle Pack for sure!!  Yippee!!!
Every girl needs a Teddy bear!

Luvmydanes

Re: Found a local Eagle Pack dealer - yipee!! (also, Iams rant - LOL!)
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2006, 05:08:29 am »
Yay!!! We are going this weekend to look for puppy food for Goliath. :) How silly to get excited about dog shopping - lol

Offline longshadowfarms

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
    • Longshadow Farms
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2006, 09:40:02 am »
Hubby will make me use up the nasty Iams but the next bag will be Eagle Pack for sure!!  Yippee!!!

Can you sweet talk to DH about the runs issue?  Would he keep on eating something that made him poop 7 times per day?  Can you donate the partial bag to the local shelter?  I confess I'm a bit paranoid about food issues after having one dog poisoned and losing 2 dogs to Diamond dog food (can't prove it, but it was way too suspicious to have so many major wierd problems so close together).

If nothing else works, try a little pepto bismol in his food until you go through this bag.  At that rate at least the bag will go quickly. 
Daphne

Luvmydanes

« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2006, 09:46:36 am »

Can you sweet talk to DH about the runs issue?  Would he keep on eating something that made him poop 7 times per day?  Can you donate the partial bag to the local shelter?  I confess I'm a bit paranoid about food issues after having one dog poisoned and losing 2 dogs to Diamond dog food (can't prove it, but it was way too suspicious to have so many major wierd problems so close together).

If nothing else works, try a little pepto bismol in his food until you go through this bag.  At that rate at least the bag will go quickly. 

What happened on diamond dog food? I'm asking cause our breeder had Goliath on it when we got him. They don't sell it where we live so we won't be putting him on it, but just curious as to what happened to your pups.

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2006, 12:49:11 pm »
Congrats to you and Teddy! Bear has been on Eagle Pack for about 6 months now and we LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE it! He has terrifically formed poop every day- yes everyday. Who ever knew that poop could be such a cause for celebration?
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.

Offline longshadowfarms

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
    • Longshadow Farms
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2006, 02:19:41 pm »
What happened on diamond dog food? I'm asking cause our breeder had Goliath on it when we got him. They don't sell it where we live so we won't be putting him on it, but just curious as to what happened to your pups.

A friend lost many of her breeding dogs in the first go around with the aflatoxin poisoning (corn mold).  Mine were on Lamb and Rice so the aflatoxin did not apply.  Before I could figure out what to switch to (I wasn't happy with Diamond's handling of the first issue - they knew it was Diamond food and still didn't recall until a week after they knew), I had one violently ill pup and two old dogs who just kept going downhill until we put them down.  I didn't find out until later that others lost dogs to vomitoxin (rice mold) poisoning from Diamond products.  Diamond was already fighting the corn poisoning cases which were well documented and my dogs were already buried and the pup's issue was a few weeks past, bag of feed gone.  I had been very sick myself and didn't have the energy to fight.  Also didn't feel like it would accomplish anything.  The dogs were gone - no way to bring them back.  So basically I have nothing good to say any more about Diamond.  It isn't the same company it was 20 yrs ago when I started feeding it.
Daphne

Offline cataria

• Ankle Biter
  • Shade and Bella
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2006, 03:29:17 pm »
I have nothing but good things to say about Eagle Pack, which I fed while living in another state years ago.  I posted earlier on another thread how I had just found a local dealer.  Bella has demodectic mange.  While she hasn't had an outbreak in about a year or so, she does have an issue with a dry-looking coat. She's been on Eagle Pack for about 3 months now and besides all the other benefits, her coat has never looked better.   
"If unicorns and Pegasus exist only in the minds of children and dreamers, then I am honored to be among the ranks of the childish believer; for where my childhood dreams do die, there too my soul shall whither…" (Sue Lay - copyright 2002)